RMC Auxiliary board name board members for the 2012-2013 year.
The Conyers Garden Club presented Gary and Bonnie DuPree of Country Lane Way with the club's Landscape Design Award for the month of September.
Janice Olejnik, director of the Refuge Pregnancy Center, at right, recently accepted, on behalf of the center, approximately 40 baby bottles filled with money from 7-year-old Brianna Manuel. Brianna collected the money from church members at her church, City of David Covenant Church in Conyers.
Covington First United Methodist Church members Rachel Fisher and her daughter Madeline are pictured here with the pumpkin they choose from last year's FUMC Pumpkin Patch.
Conyers resident Jessica Thornhill, 10, is pictured here is with Gov. Nathan Deal.
An unidentified group of people gathers to pray for the school year at the Community on Our Knees event, sponsored by the Covington First United Methodist Church and held on the Square in Covington.
Alice Gadson, and her husband Benjamin, not pictured, of 2997 Parkmore Drive, were the recipients of the Conyers Garden Club August Yard of the Month recipient Yard of the Month for August award.
Members of the Kiwanis Club of Conyers recently collected and donated boxes of cereal to the Rockdale Emergency Relief Food Bank.
The Celebrate Recovery Team at Living Way Worship Center in Covington visited the Summit at Sadleback Church in California in August.
Rotary Club welcomes new president
Ed and Angie Tracey recently hosted a Party with a Purpose to support Phoenix Pass, a transitional housing program for homeless women and children in Rockdale County.
Bernard and Edwina Lee, who live at 2300 Mallory Circle, received the Conyers Garden Club Yard of Month award for July.
The Conyers Garden Club recently honored Jim Walton of 1133 Jimson Circle with the Yard of the Month for June.
Conyers Garden Club yard of the month for May.
HIghtower Elementary School - Trailblazers of the Month
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
- Smith 50th anniversary
- Smith 45th Anniversary
- Ferguson 50th Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweeten a picnic with grape salad
- THE RECIPE BOX: Spinach lasagna rolls worth the prep time
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Banana smoothie a healthy alternative to ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet potato muffins melt in your mouth
- THE RECIPE BOX: Resurrection rolls perfect to make with children at Easter
- THE RECIPE BOX: Swiss steak in the Crock-Pot makes the house smell good
- The Recipe Box: For a low calorie dessert, try banana ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Breakfast oatmeal cookies a quick, healthy way to start the day
- RECIPE BOX: Penne pasta recipe mixes Alfredo, red sauce
- JOHN PEARRELL: God created sex as a sacred expression of love between a married couple
- ORRIN MORRIS: Fire pink, or catchfly, saves its nectar for bees, hummingbirds
- TONY ELDER: Cultivate good in your heart to overcome hatred
- East Metro Christian Writer's group offers free summer writing workshops
- JOE LAGUARDIA: God will lead you down the right path if you trust Him
- Newton High graduate returns to sing at Rutledge Baptist
- ORRIN MORRIS: Yellow wood-sorrel, nicknamed sour grass, adds bitter flavor to salads
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Discomfort of change necessary to grow closer with God
- JOHN PEARRELL: God welcomes everyone, even those who stray from their beliefs
- TONY ELDER: Take time each day to savor nuggets of wisdom in Bible