Covington First United Methodist Church members Rachel Fisher and her daughter Madeline are pictured here with the pumpkin they choose from last year's FUMC Pumpkin Patch.
Conyers resident Jessica Thornhill, 10, is pictured here is with Gov. Nathan Deal.
An unidentified group of people gathers to pray for the school year at the Community on Our Knees event, sponsored by the Covington First United Methodist Church and held on the Square in Covington.
Alice Gadson, and her husband Benjamin, not pictured, of 2997 Parkmore Drive, were the recipients of the Conyers Garden Club August Yard of the Month recipient Yard of the Month for August award.
Members of the Kiwanis Club of Conyers recently collected and donated boxes of cereal to the Rockdale Emergency Relief Food Bank.
The Celebrate Recovery Team at Living Way Worship Center in Covington visited the Summit at Sadleback Church in California in August.
Rotary Club welcomes new president
Ed and Angie Tracey recently hosted a Party with a Purpose to support Phoenix Pass, a transitional housing program for homeless women and children in Rockdale County.
Bernard and Edwina Lee, who live at 2300 Mallory Circle, received the Conyers Garden Club Yard of Month award for July.
The Conyers Garden Club recently honored Jim Walton of 1133 Jimson Circle with the Yard of the Month for June.
Conyers Garden Club yard of the month for May.
HIghtower Elementary School - Trailblazers of the Month
Conyers Garden Club performs community improvement projects
The St. Pius Parish Council of Catholic Women presented donations to three local charities at their monthly meeting on May 14.
Four-year-old Sarah Barker models a spring outfit during the Fashion Extravaganza, a fashion show fund raiser hosted by the Pilot Club at the Conyers Presbyterian Church in May.
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
- Smith 50th anniversary
- Smith 45th Anniversary
- Ferguson 50th Anniversary
- Stewart Anniversary
- Smith 50th Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Banana smoothie a healthy alternative to ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet potato muffins melt in your mouth
- THE RECIPE BOX: Resurrection rolls perfect to make with children at Easter
- THE RECIPE BOX: Swiss steak in the Crock-Pot makes the house smell good
- The Recipe Box: For a low calorie dessert, try banana ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Breakfast oatmeal cookies a quick, healthy way to start the day
- RECIPE BOX: Penne pasta recipe mixes Alfredo, red sauce
- THE RECIPE BOX: This quick, tasty fruit dip recipe is perfect for Super Bowl Sunday
- THE RECIPE BOX: Meatloaf can be made to suit your taste
- Church Calendar
- JOE LAGUARDIA: We can show our devotion to God in many ways
- Local gospel choir welcomes nationally known Louisiana pastor
- JAMES BEHRENS: God has not abandoned us, He shines through our service to each other
- TONY ELDER: Christ should be our most important focus
- JOHN PEARRELL: Those who consider themselves the body of Christ need to act more like it
- ORRIN MORRIS: Greenbrier vines a metaphor for our own entangled lives
- TONY ELDER: If we work together, we can aspire to greater spiritual heights
- ORRIN MORRIS: Make pies, jellies, wine with elderberry
- Gospel musical encourages audiences to find hope in God