Some Veterans Memorial Middle School eighth-graders were recognized on Honor's Night for outstanding academic achievement.
The Chi Tau Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., which serves Newton and Rockdale Counties, recently held a Tea Party and celebration for its Emerging Young Leaders (EYL) to honor the participants of the EYL program and to recognize the eighth grade participants who have graduated.
John O. McCart's VFW Post 2938 and Ladies Auxiliary of Covington, along with the help of The Church of Latter Day Saints, placed flags on the veterans' graves at Lawnwood Memorial Park in Covington recently.
Conyers Mayor Randy Mills, center, is pictured here with members of the Conyers Garden Club as he signed a proclamation for National Garden Week last week.
Camp will be held June 10 to June 14, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Rockdale Cooperative Extension office located at 1400 Parker Road.
The May Conyers Garden Club Landscape Design Plaque was awarded to Becky Moore and her father Henry Lovin of 4740 Highway 138.
Students in Mary Ramsdell’s K3 class at Piedmont Academy learned about the life cycle of the butterfly by hatching four painted lady butterflies from caterpillars.
Honey Creek's Good Citizens for the month of May
The local Junior Master Gardener program is now accepting new members.
Bryce Johnson Birth
Conyers Garden Club awarded the landscape award for the month of April to Don and Gail Williams of 910 Post Oak Court. The large, park-like wooded lot features azaleas, dogwoods and flowering bulbs
The Conyers Garden Club met at the Nancy Guinn Library for its April meeting.
The Georgia Society of The Colonial Dames of the 17th Century recently held their state conference in Macon and chose local educator Darrell Huckaby as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013.
The Conyers Garden Club Yard of the Month for March has been awarded to Henry and Dot Hine, located at 2706 Harvest Drive.
- ANNIVERSARY: Tom and Patricia Abbott 50th anniversary
- ANNIVERSARY: Tommy and Sue Bowers celebrate their 67th anniversary
- Conyers couple celebrates 75th wedding anniversary
- Couple celebrates 60 years of wedded bliss
- Coggins 70th anniversary
- Whitney 60th anniversary
- Hensley 50th Anniversary
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Mocktail with berries perfect for spring and summer
- THE RECIPE BOX: Try these favorite tips and tricks while cooking
- THE RECIPE BOX: Keep fried avocado recipe for Cinco de Mayo
- THE RECIPE BOX: Easter trifle a sweet, silky dessert for holiday dinner
- THE RECIPE BOX: Bacon-wrapped asparagus a flexible dish for spring
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet mini muffins a time-saver and crowd-pleaser
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use chipotle rub on roasted pork loin for savory flavor
- THE RECIPE BOX: Roasted Brussels sprouts an easy, healthy side dish
- JULIE WELLS: Open-face chicken and onion sandwiches hit the spot
- THE RECIPE BOX: Delicious French onion soup casserole a nice change from meat and potatoes
- JOE LAGUARDIA: People from all cultures are united under God
- JAMES BEHRENS: Trust God: He will always keep you afloat
- JOHN PEARRELL: A poor church experience should not prevent you from attending again
- JULIE WELLS: Our job as Christians is to love, not judge and condemn
- Stop trying to fight God and instead accept His love and grace
- Longtime Conyers Presbyterian music director retires
- ORRIN MORRIS: Examine Jack-in-the-pulpit closely to find the bloom
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Collaboration of churches, government, non-profits necessary to improve community
- TONY ELDER: Being a Christian requires us to accept God's love and grace through Jesus
- ORRIN MORRIS: Spot scarlet sage near granite rock outcroppings