Pictured here are Harold and Iva Danforth, trying on their outfits for the Pilot Club of Conyers second annual Fashion Show and Extravaganza on April 20.
Westbury Health & Rehabilitation held its annual pageant titled "Sweethearts of Westbury" on March 14.
The Mary Brown Tinkham Chapter, Colonial Dames 17th Century, recently met at the Honey Creek Golf and Country Club. Educator, Citizen newspaper columnist and humorist Darrell Huckaby was an honored guest.
The Conyers Garden Club speaker for February was Betty Thompson, shown here at left along with club member Pat Bryan.
Rockdale County Special Olympic teams recently participated in the State Indoor Winter Special Olympics Games in Cobb County, which included basketball, bowling, floor hockey, roller skating, power lifting and gymnastics.
In December, Kiwanis Club of Conyers members shopped and bought gifts for 17 families at Sims Elementary School.
Garden Club holds fundraiser
XYZ Organization installs new officers
Hightower Trail Elementary School sponsored its annual Gift of Loving Tree in which parents, students and business partners chose a gift listed on a tree ornament and purchased and wrapped the gift for a family in need at the school.
Rotary Club of Conyers members were recognized for their contributions to Rotary programs and received the Paul Harris Society award, which is named after the founder of Rotary.
Local scoutmaster honored for 40 years as leader
Rockdale 4-H place at Cotton Boll competition
Hodge donates hair to Locks for Love
Boys and Girls Club names essay winners
Rusty and Katrina Lamb, who live at 1291 Oxford Drive, received the Conyers Garden Club Yard of the Month award for November.
- Whitney 60th anniversary
- Hensley 50th Anniversary
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
- Smith 50th anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use your Girl Scout cookies for Thin Mints Cupcakes
- The Recipe Box: Fill your French toast roll-ups with cream cheese, fruit, spreads
- THE RECIPE BOX: Frozen banana bites a playful dessert
- THE RECIPE BOX: Oven-baked flat iron steak a juicy dinner choice
- THE RECIPE BOX: Hearty beef soup good for cold wintry days
- The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Prepare roasted cabbage as a healthy side dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Homemade mayonnaise a healthy alternative to store-bought
- The Recipe Box: Roasted vegetables a healthy side dish
- Include sweet potato minis on your Thanksgiving menu
- JOHN PEARRELL: People make Christianity more complicated with rules, demands
- JULIE WELLS: There is great 'Joy' in watching daughter fulfill God's plan
- TONY ELDER: Jesus saves us from our sinful selves
- ORRIN MORRIS: Ruellia could take root under hedges next to home
- Central Community Church hosts conference for mothers
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Modern TV shows provide cautionary tales, much like parables
- JAMES BEHRENS: Jesus reminds us that life is not problem-free
- JULIE WELLS: Praise Jesus daily with your words and actions
- JOHN PEARRELL: Read Genesis carefully before dismissing the creation story
- Fundraiser benefits ministry assisting those in crisis, transition