The Chi Tau Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., which serves Newton and Rockdale Counties, recently held a Tea Party and celebration for its Emerging Young Leaders (EYL) to honor the participants of the EYL program and to recognize the eighth grade participants who have graduated.
John O. McCart's VFW Post 2938 and Ladies Auxiliary of Covington, along with the help of The Church of Latter Day Saints, placed flags on the veterans' graves at Lawnwood Memorial Park in Covington recently.
Conyers Mayor Randy Mills, center, is pictured here with members of the Conyers Garden Club as he signed a proclamation for National Garden Week last week.
Camp will be held June 10 to June 14, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Rockdale Cooperative Extension office located at 1400 Parker Road.
The May Conyers Garden Club Landscape Design Plaque was awarded to Becky Moore and her father Henry Lovin of 4740 Highway 138.
Students in Mary Ramsdell’s K3 class at Piedmont Academy learned about the life cycle of the butterfly by hatching four painted lady butterflies from caterpillars.
Honey Creek's Good Citizens for the month of May
The local Junior Master Gardener program is now accepting new members.
Bryce Johnson Birth
Conyers Garden Club awarded the landscape award for the month of April to Don and Gail Williams of 910 Post Oak Court. The large, park-like wooded lot features azaleas, dogwoods and flowering bulbs
The Conyers Garden Club met at the Nancy Guinn Library for its April meeting.
The Georgia Society of The Colonial Dames of the 17th Century recently held their state conference in Macon and chose local educator Darrell Huckaby as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013.
The Conyers Garden Club Yard of the Month for March has been awarded to Henry and Dot Hine, located at 2706 Harvest Drive.
Capt. Josh Darnell recently spoke about his U.S. Army service in Afghanistan at the March meeting of the Colonel John McIntosh Chapter, NSDAR.
- Whitney 60th anniversary
- Hensley 50th Anniversary
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
- Smith 50th anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use your Girl Scout cookies for Thin Mints Cupcakes
- The Recipe Box: Fill your French toast roll-ups with cream cheese, fruit, spreads
- THE RECIPE BOX: Frozen banana bites a playful dessert
- THE RECIPE BOX: Oven-baked flat iron steak a juicy dinner choice
- THE RECIPE BOX: Hearty beef soup good for cold wintry days
- The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Prepare roasted cabbage as a healthy side dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Homemade mayonnaise a healthy alternative to store-bought
- The Recipe Box: Roasted vegetables a healthy side dish
- Include sweet potato minis on your Thanksgiving menu
- JOHN PEARRELL: People make Christianity more complicated with rules, demands
- JULIE WELLS: There is great 'Joy' in watching daughter fulfill God's plan
- TONY ELDER: Jesus saves us from our sinful selves
- ORRIN MORRIS: Ruellia could take root under hedges next to home
- Central Community Church hosts conference for mothers
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Modern TV shows provide cautionary tales, much like parables
- JAMES BEHRENS: Jesus reminds us that life is not problem-free
- JULIE WELLS: Praise Jesus daily with your words and actions
- JOHN PEARRELL: Read Genesis carefully before dismissing the creation story
- Fundraiser benefits ministry assisting those in crisis, transition