Camp will be held June 10 to June 14, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Rockdale Cooperative Extension office located at 1400 Parker Road.
The May Conyers Garden Club Landscape Design Plaque was awarded to Becky Moore and her father Henry Lovin of 4740 Highway 138.
Students in Mary Ramsdell’s K3 class at Piedmont Academy learned about the life cycle of the butterfly by hatching four painted lady butterflies from caterpillars.
Honey Creek's Good Citizens for the month of May
The local Junior Master Gardener program is now accepting new members.
Bryce Johnson Birth
Conyers Garden Club awarded the landscape award for the month of April to Don and Gail Williams of 910 Post Oak Court. The large, park-like wooded lot features azaleas, dogwoods and flowering bulbs
The Conyers Garden Club met at the Nancy Guinn Library for its April meeting.
The Georgia Society of The Colonial Dames of the 17th Century recently held their state conference in Macon and chose local educator Darrell Huckaby as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013.
The Conyers Garden Club Yard of the Month for March has been awarded to Henry and Dot Hine, located at 2706 Harvest Drive.
Capt. Josh Darnell recently spoke about his U.S. Army service in Afghanistan at the March meeting of the Colonel John McIntosh Chapter, NSDAR.
Pictured here are Harold and Iva Danforth, trying on their outfits for the Pilot Club of Conyers second annual Fashion Show and Extravaganza on April 20.
Westbury Health & Rehabilitation held its annual pageant titled "Sweethearts of Westbury" on March 14.
The Mary Brown Tinkham Chapter, Colonial Dames 17th Century, recently met at the Honey Creek Golf and Country Club. Educator, Citizen newspaper columnist and humorist Darrell Huckaby was an honored guest.
- Hensley 50th Anniversary
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
- Smith 50th anniversary
- Smith 45th Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- The Recipe Box: Roasted vegetables a healthy side dish
- Include sweet potato minis on your Thanksgiving menu
- Make creepy Oreo spider cookies for Halloween
- THE RECIPE BOX: Watermelon goat cheese salad a unique July Fourth treat
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweeten a picnic with grape salad
- THE RECIPE BOX: Spinach lasagna rolls worth the prep time
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Banana smoothie a healthy alternative to ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet potato muffins melt in your mouth
- THE RECIPE BOX: Resurrection rolls perfect to make with children at Easter
- TONY ELDER: Religious writings cannot match the importance of the Bible
- ORRIN MORRIS: Blooms of heat sensitive hawkweed stay open longer in fall
- Autobiography describes how God is source of strength in difficult times
- JOHN PEARRELL: Christ followers should reach out to those who fall short of expectations
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Holy Spirit brings comfort to the lonely
- JAMES BEHRENS: Thank God for both the joys, and sorrows in life
- ORRIN MORRIS: Horseweed traveled by ship from the colonies to Europe
- JOHN PEARRELL: Let God turn a bane into a blessing
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Churches provide safety net for homeless families through Family Promise
- Historic St. Paul AME Church leaving location on Stone Mountain Street in Covington