Hightower Trail Elementary School sponsored its annual Gift of Loving Tree in which parents, students and business partners chose a gift listed on a tree ornament and purchased and wrapped the gift for a family in need at the school.
Rotary Club of Conyers members were recognized for their contributions to Rotary programs and received the Paul Harris Society award, which is named after the founder of Rotary.
Local scoutmaster honored for 40 years as leader
Rockdale 4-H place at Cotton Boll competition
Hodge donates hair to Locks for Love
Boys and Girls Club names essay winners
Rusty and Katrina Lamb, who live at 1291 Oxford Drive, received the Conyers Garden Club Yard of the Month award for November.
Westbury Health & Rehabilitation residents, from left, Mercer Conyers, Lillie McIntosh, and Kelly Smith, along with volunteer Mia Collado are shown in front of the Angel Tree.
Pilot Club gives out awards
RMC Auxiliary board name board members for the 2012-2013 year.
The Conyers Garden Club presented Gary and Bonnie DuPree of Country Lane Way with the club's Landscape Design Award for the month of September.
Janice Olejnik, director of the Refuge Pregnancy Center, at right, recently accepted, on behalf of the center, approximately 40 baby bottles filled with money from 7-year-old Brianna Manuel. Brianna collected the money from church members at her church, City of David Covenant Church in Conyers.
Covington First United Methodist Church members Rachel Fisher and her daughter Madeline are pictured here with the pumpkin they choose from last year's FUMC Pumpkin Patch.
Conyers resident Jessica Thornhill, 10, is pictured here is with Gov. Nathan Deal.
An unidentified group of people gathers to pray for the school year at the Community on Our Knees event, sponsored by the Covington First United Methodist Church and held on the Square in Covington.
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
- Smith 50th anniversary
- Smith 45th Anniversary
- Ferguson 50th Anniversary
- Stewart Anniversary
- Smith 50th Anniversary
- Bond 50th Wedding Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Banana smoothie a healthy alternative to ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet potato muffins melt in your mouth
- THE RECIPE BOX: Resurrection rolls perfect to make with children at Easter
- THE RECIPE BOX: Swiss steak in the Crock-Pot makes the house smell good
- The Recipe Box: For a low calorie dessert, try banana ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Breakfast oatmeal cookies a quick, healthy way to start the day
- RECIPE BOX: Penne pasta recipe mixes Alfredo, red sauce
- THE RECIPE BOX: This quick, tasty fruit dip recipe is perfect for Super Bowl Sunday
- THE RECIPE BOX: Meatloaf can be made to suit your taste
- JOE LAGUARDIA: We can show our devotion to God in many ways
- Local gospel choir welcomes nationally known Louisiana pastor
- JAMES BEHRENS: God has not abandoned us, He shines through our service to each other
- TONY ELDER: Christ should be our most important focus
- JOHN PEARRELL: Those who consider themselves the body of Christ need to act more like it
- ORRIN MORRIS: Greenbrier vines a metaphor for our own entangled lives
- TONY ELDER: If we work together, we can aspire to greater spiritual heights
- ORRIN MORRIS: Make pies, jellies, wine with elderberry
- Gospel musical encourages audiences to find hope in God
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Amidst stress of daily schedules, deadlines, remember that love is patient