Lake Capri Woman’s Club news
The Conyers Garden Club awards the Yard of the Month for August
Mary Leston is the receipent of the Pilot of the Year award for 2012-13.
Some Veterans Memorial Middle School eighth-graders were recognized on Honor's Night for outstanding academic achievement.
The Chi Tau Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., which serves Newton and Rockdale Counties, recently held a Tea Party and celebration for its Emerging Young Leaders (EYL) to honor the participants of the EYL program and to recognize the eighth grade participants who have graduated.
John O. McCart's VFW Post 2938 and Ladies Auxiliary of Covington, along with the help of The Church of Latter Day Saints, placed flags on the veterans' graves at Lawnwood Memorial Park in Covington recently.
Conyers Mayor Randy Mills, center, is pictured here with members of the Conyers Garden Club as he signed a proclamation for National Garden Week last week.
Camp will be held June 10 to June 14, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Rockdale Cooperative Extension office located at 1400 Parker Road.
The May Conyers Garden Club Landscape Design Plaque was awarded to Becky Moore and her father Henry Lovin of 4740 Highway 138.
Students in Mary Ramsdell’s K3 class at Piedmont Academy learned about the life cycle of the butterfly by hatching four painted lady butterflies from caterpillars.
Honey Creek's Good Citizens for the month of May
The local Junior Master Gardener program is now accepting new members.
Bryce Johnson Birth
Conyers Garden Club awarded the landscape award for the month of April to Don and Gail Williams of 910 Post Oak Court. The large, park-like wooded lot features azaleas, dogwoods and flowering bulbs
- Whitney 60th anniversary
- Hensley 50th Anniversary
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
- Smith 50th anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Prepare honey roasted carrots as sweet, healthy side dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Fruit in the mix and icing makes supreme cake flavorful
- THE RECIPE BOX: Roasted cauliflower soup creamy, but healthy
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use your Girl Scout cookies for Thin Mints Cupcakes
- The Recipe Box: Fill your French toast roll-ups with cream cheese, fruit, spreads
- THE RECIPE BOX: Frozen banana bites a playful dessert
- THE RECIPE BOX: Oven-baked flat iron steak a juicy dinner choice
- THE RECIPE BOX: Hearty beef soup good for cold wintry days
- The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Prepare roasted cabbage as a healthy side dish
- JULIE WELLS: Celebrate Jesus all year long, not just at Easter
- ORRIN MORRIS: Love-in-a-mist displays buds, blooms, seed cases at the same time
- JAMES BEHRENS: Appreciate miracle of daily life through Jesus' love
- TONY ELDER: As Christians, we can look forward to resurrected spirits
- Victorious Life Church 'Messiah' drama a calling for congregation
- JOHN PEARRELL: Examine facts that support the Resurrection
- JOE LAGUARDIA: In Jesus' time, some failed to grasp the importance of His crucifixion
- JAMES BEHRENS: Joseph reminds us we are not in control, but part of God's bigger plan
- JOE LAGUARDIA: 'Jesus Better than Imagined' is a profound, honest, moving book
- JULIE WELLS: Perceived weakness can by your greatest strength