Friends of the Library held their annual business meeting and elected their 2014 board
The Rockdale County High School Class of 1963 celebrates its 50th class reunion.
Conyers Garden Club learns about bees and pollination
Conyers Garden club competed in Yellow Daisy Flower Show, wins awards
Anaida Pabon turns 100 years old
Model rocketry is part of cadet aerospace education.
Kaitlyn Cole, age 9, is the 2013-14 National American Miss GA Jr Preteen.
Pilot Club of Conyers announces its Pilot Sweetheart for 2013
Scrapbook: The Oxford Lions Club awards Dr. Carlos Meyers with an award
Lake Capri Woman’s Club news
The Conyers Garden Club awards the Yard of the Month for August
Mary Leston is the receipent of the Pilot of the Year award for 2012-13.
Some Veterans Memorial Middle School eighth-graders were recognized on Honor's Night for outstanding academic achievement.
The Chi Tau Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., which serves Newton and Rockdale Counties, recently held a Tea Party and celebration for its Emerging Young Leaders (EYL) to honor the participants of the EYL program and to recognize the eighth grade participants who have graduated.
John O. McCart's VFW Post 2938 and Ladies Auxiliary of Covington, along with the help of The Church of Latter Day Saints, placed flags on the veterans' graves at Lawnwood Memorial Park in Covington recently.
- ANNIVERSARY: Tom and Patricia Abbott 50th anniversary
- ANNIVERSARY: Tommy and Sue Bowers celebrate their 67th anniversary
- Conyers couple celebrates 75th wedding anniversary
- Couple celebrates 60 years of wedded bliss
- Coggins 70th anniversary
- Whitney 60th anniversary
- Hensley 50th Anniversary
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Easter trifle a sweet, silky dessert for holiday dinner
- THE RECIPE BOX: Bacon-wrapped asparagus a flexible dish for spring
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet mini muffins a time-saver and crowd-pleaser
- THE RECIPE BOX: Use chipotle rub on roasted pork loin for savory flavor
- THE RECIPE BOX: Roasted Brussels sprouts an easy, healthy side dish
- JULIE WELLS: Open-face chicken and onion sandwiches hit the spot
- THE RECIPE BOX: Delicious French onion soup casserole a nice change from meat and potatoes
- THE RECIPE BOX: Almond butter fudge makes for a chocolatey, sweet Valentine treat
- THE RECIPE BOX: Super Bowl sausage appetizer perfect mix of sweet and spicy
- THE RECIPE BOX: Any way you slice it, this lemon Bundt cake is sure to please your guests
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Leading people to Christ can happen over dinner or at a ball game
- TONY ELDER: Life is short — draw closer to Jesus while you can
- JULIE WELLS: Be comforted in knowing God’s love for us never ceases
- ORRIN MORRIS: Beauty berry, like Easter, begins with humility and ends with spectacular beauty
- JAMES BEHRENS: Spring perfect time to celebrate when angel told Mary of Jesus’ coming birth
- JOHN PEARRELL: Beware of clergy corrupted by desire for wealth
- Red Oak UMC Car Show features autos, music, food, jewelry, paintings
- RONDA RICH: Conversations in grocery store worthwhile
- JOHN PEARRELL: Don’t espouse promises God never made to us
- TONY ELDER: Church can help us continually improve ourselves