The Rockdale County High School Class of 1963 celebrates its 50th class reunion.
Conyers Garden Club learns about bees and pollination
Conyers Garden club competed in Yellow Daisy Flower Show, wins awards
Anaida Pabon turns 100 years old
Model rocketry is part of cadet aerospace education.
Kaitlyn Cole, age 9, is the 2013-14 National American Miss GA Jr Preteen.
Pilot Club of Conyers announces its Pilot Sweetheart for 2013
Scrapbook: The Oxford Lions Club awards Dr. Carlos Meyers with an award
Lake Capri Woman’s Club news
The Conyers Garden Club awards the Yard of the Month for August
Mary Leston is the receipent of the Pilot of the Year award for 2012-13.
Some Veterans Memorial Middle School eighth-graders were recognized on Honor's Night for outstanding academic achievement.
The Chi Tau Omega chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., which serves Newton and Rockdale Counties, recently held a Tea Party and celebration for its Emerging Young Leaders (EYL) to honor the participants of the EYL program and to recognize the eighth grade participants who have graduated.
John O. McCart's VFW Post 2938 and Ladies Auxiliary of Covington, along with the help of The Church of Latter Day Saints, placed flags on the veterans' graves at Lawnwood Memorial Park in Covington recently.
Conyers Mayor Randy Mills, center, is pictured here with members of the Conyers Garden Club as he signed a proclamation for National Garden Week last week.
- Hensley 50th Anniversary
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
- Smith 50th anniversary
- Smith 45th Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- The Recipe Box: Roasted vegetables a healthy side dish
- Include sweet potato minis on your Thanksgiving menu
- Make creepy Oreo spider cookies for Halloween
- THE RECIPE BOX: Watermelon goat cheese salad a unique July Fourth treat
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweeten a picnic with grape salad
- THE RECIPE BOX: Spinach lasagna rolls worth the prep time
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Banana smoothie a healthy alternative to ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet potato muffins melt in your mouth
- THE RECIPE BOX: Resurrection rolls perfect to make with children at Easter
- TONY ELDER: Religious writings cannot match the importance of the Bible
- ORRIN MORRIS: Blooms of heat sensitive hawkweed stay open longer in fall
- Autobiography describes how God is source of strength in difficult times
- JOHN PEARRELL: Christ followers should reach out to those who fall short of expectations
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Holy Spirit brings comfort to the lonely
- JAMES BEHRENS: Thank God for both the joys, and sorrows in life
- ORRIN MORRIS: Horseweed traveled by ship from the colonies to Europe
- JOHN PEARRELL: Let God turn a bane into a blessing
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Churches provide safety net for homeless families through Family Promise
- Historic St. Paul AME Church leaving location on Stone Mountain Street in Covington