The local Junior Master Gardener program is now accepting new members.
Bryce Johnson Birth
Conyers Garden Club awarded the landscape award for the month of April to Don and Gail Williams of 910 Post Oak Court. The large, park-like wooded lot features azaleas, dogwoods and flowering bulbs
The Conyers Garden Club met at the Nancy Guinn Library for its April meeting.
The Georgia Society of The Colonial Dames of the 17th Century recently held their state conference in Macon and chose local educator Darrell Huckaby as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013.
The Conyers Garden Club Yard of the Month for March has been awarded to Henry and Dot Hine, located at 2706 Harvest Drive.
Capt. Josh Darnell recently spoke about his U.S. Army service in Afghanistan at the March meeting of the Colonel John McIntosh Chapter, NSDAR.
Pictured here are Harold and Iva Danforth, trying on their outfits for the Pilot Club of Conyers second annual Fashion Show and Extravaganza on April 20.
Westbury Health & Rehabilitation held its annual pageant titled "Sweethearts of Westbury" on March 14.
The Mary Brown Tinkham Chapter, Colonial Dames 17th Century, recently met at the Honey Creek Golf and Country Club. Educator, Citizen newspaper columnist and humorist Darrell Huckaby was an honored guest.
The Conyers Garden Club speaker for February was Betty Thompson, shown here at left along with club member Pat Bryan.
Rockdale County Special Olympic teams recently participated in the State Indoor Winter Special Olympics Games in Cobb County, which included basketball, bowling, floor hockey, roller skating, power lifting and gymnastics.
In December, Kiwanis Club of Conyers members shopped and bought gifts for 17 families at Sims Elementary School.
Garden Club holds fundraiser
XYZ Organization installs new officers
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
- Smith 50th anniversary
- Smith 45th Anniversary
- Ferguson 50th Anniversary
- Stewart Anniversary
- Smith 50th Anniversary
- Bond 50th Wedding Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Banana smoothie a healthy alternative to ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet potato muffins melt in your mouth
- THE RECIPE BOX: Resurrection rolls perfect to make with children at Easter
- THE RECIPE BOX: Swiss steak in the Crock-Pot makes the house smell good
- The Recipe Box: For a low calorie dessert, try banana ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Breakfast oatmeal cookies a quick, healthy way to start the day
- RECIPE BOX: Penne pasta recipe mixes Alfredo, red sauce
- THE RECIPE BOX: This quick, tasty fruit dip recipe is perfect for Super Bowl Sunday
- THE RECIPE BOX: Meatloaf can be made to suit your taste
- JOE LAGUARDIA: We can show our devotion to God in many ways
- Local gospel choir welcomes nationally known Louisiana pastor
- JAMES BEHRENS: God has not abandoned us, He shines through our service to each other
- TONY ELDER: Christ should be our most important focus
- JOHN PEARRELL: Those who consider themselves the body of Christ need to act more like it
- ORRIN MORRIS: Greenbrier vines a metaphor for our own entangled lives
- TONY ELDER: If we work together, we can aspire to greater spiritual heights
- ORRIN MORRIS: Make pies, jellies, wine with elderberry
- Gospel musical encourages audiences to find hope in God
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Amidst stress of daily schedules, deadlines, remember that love is patient