Conyers Mayor Randy Mills, center, is pictured here with members of the Conyers Garden Club as he signed a proclamation for National Garden Week last week.
Camp will be held June 10 to June 14, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Rockdale Cooperative Extension office located at 1400 Parker Road.
The May Conyers Garden Club Landscape Design Plaque was awarded to Becky Moore and her father Henry Lovin of 4740 Highway 138.
Students in Mary Ramsdell’s K3 class at Piedmont Academy learned about the life cycle of the butterfly by hatching four painted lady butterflies from caterpillars.
Honey Creek's Good Citizens for the month of May
The local Junior Master Gardener program is now accepting new members.
Bryce Johnson Birth
Conyers Garden Club awarded the landscape award for the month of April to Don and Gail Williams of 910 Post Oak Court. The large, park-like wooded lot features azaleas, dogwoods and flowering bulbs
The Conyers Garden Club met at the Nancy Guinn Library for its April meeting.
The Georgia Society of The Colonial Dames of the 17th Century recently held their state conference in Macon and chose local educator Darrell Huckaby as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013.
The Conyers Garden Club Yard of the Month for March has been awarded to Henry and Dot Hine, located at 2706 Harvest Drive.
Capt. Josh Darnell recently spoke about his U.S. Army service in Afghanistan at the March meeting of the Colonel John McIntosh Chapter, NSDAR.
Pictured here are Harold and Iva Danforth, trying on their outfits for the Pilot Club of Conyers second annual Fashion Show and Extravaganza on April 20.
Westbury Health & Rehabilitation held its annual pageant titled "Sweethearts of Westbury" on March 14.
- Porter 75th Anniversary
- Curran 60th Anniversary
- Franklin 50th Anniversary
- Redfearn 50th Anniversary
- Coggins 69th Anniversary
- Smith 51st Wedding Anniverary
- Bowers 65th Anniversary
- Smith 50th anniversary
- Smith 45th Anniversary
- Ferguson 50th Anniversary
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweeten a picnic with grape salad
- THE RECIPE BOX: Spinach lasagna rolls worth the prep time
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Banana smoothie a healthy alternative to ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet potato muffins melt in your mouth
- THE RECIPE BOX: Resurrection rolls perfect to make with children at Easter
- THE RECIPE BOX: Swiss steak in the Crock-Pot makes the house smell good
- The Recipe Box: For a low calorie dessert, try banana ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Breakfast oatmeal cookies a quick, healthy way to start the day
- RECIPE BOX: Penne pasta recipe mixes Alfredo, red sauce
- JOHN PEARRELL: God created sex as a sacred expression of love between a married couple
- ORRIN MORRIS: Fire pink, or catchfly, saves its nectar for bees, hummingbirds
- TONY ELDER: Cultivate good in your heart to overcome hatred
- East Metro Christian Writer's group offers free summer writing workshops
- JOE LAGUARDIA: God will lead you down the right path if you trust Him
- Newton High graduate returns to sing at Rutledge Baptist
- ORRIN MORRIS: Yellow wood-sorrel, nicknamed sour grass, adds bitter flavor to salads
- JOE LAGUARDIA: Discomfort of change necessary to grow closer with God
- JOHN PEARRELL: God welcomes everyone, even those who stray from their beliefs
- TONY ELDER: Take time each day to savor nuggets of wisdom in Bible