Many of the parables of Jesus use examples He took from nature to stress the nature and importance of the human heart. It is not merely an organ that wondrously pumps blood through the body, sustaining life.
The more I look for and study the wildflower kingdom, the more I am inspired by what the Psalmist wrote, "O Lord, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all; the earth is full of thy riches" (Psalm 104:24).
Chairs to seat as many as 1,500 people will be set up soon for the fifth annual Easter on the Square, which is anticipated to be the largest outdoor worship service in Newton County on Easter Sunday morning.
I am convinced that every pastor needs to do the custodial duties in his or her church for a few weeks.
One of the largest gatherings of Rockdale County Christian young people is about to meet at Heritage Hills Baptist Church for Disciple Now Conyers in a three-day celebration of praising, singing and worshiping the Lord.
Be like a lion and a lamb. Can you believe that the month of March is here already?
Suffering exists to remind us of the importance of God.
Yellow jasmine fragrant but invasive, difficult to control. The Lenten season is often a time of starting a new habit as well as giving up something.
Putting the least first like Jesus might save some marriages. One of the most controversial issues in church and culture is that of divorce.
Nothing unusual about a yoga retreat at the monastery.
The flowering dogwood, though it is not a wildflower, has been chosen for two reasons. First, the brownish-white buds are beginning to show red. Second, because we are observing the Lenten Season.
Every February, Baptist Women in Ministry encourages churches to celebrate women ministers and invite women clergy to preach. It is a time to recognize that women and men alike, equal in partnership, are critical in spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
"If God is good and so powerful, why is there so much evil in the world?"
It's a big weekend for NASCAR fans as the Daytona 500 will be run. Danica Patrick made history by driving the fastest qualifying lap, making her the first woman to have the pole position for the race.
Despite all of her college degrees, numerous other accomplishments and impressive family Life, Beth-Sarah Wright still fell victim to the turmoil and trouble life can sometimes bring.
- Junior Master Gardeners looking for new members
- Bryce Johnson Birth
- Yard of the month for April
- Conyers Garden Club
- Scrapbook: Huckaby chosen as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013
- March Yard of the Month
- Man speaks about Army service to NSDAR
- Fashion Flair
- Miss Westbury 2013
- Huckaby gets teaching award
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Banana smoothie a healthy alternative to ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet potato muffins melt in your mouth
- THE RECIPE BOX: Resurrection rolls perfect to make with children at Easter
- THE RECIPE BOX: Swiss steak in the Crock-Pot makes the house smell good
- The Recipe Box: For a low calorie dessert, try banana ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Breakfast oatmeal cookies a quick, healthy way to start the day
- RECIPE BOX: Penne pasta recipe mixes Alfredo, red sauce
- THE RECIPE BOX: This quick, tasty fruit dip recipe is perfect for Super Bowl Sunday
- THE RECIPE BOX: Meatloaf can be made to suit your taste
- Griffin-Murphy Engagement
- Jacobi - Faust Engagement
- Brockman - Brado Engagement
- Fils -- Pollock Engagement
- Pope - Meredith Engagement
- Lamb - Wyatt Engagement
- Steedley-Pulliam Engagement
- Talton-Durham Engagement
- Partee-Tackett Engagement
- Allgood-Vaughan Engagement