In February, I read about an unfortunate situation that occurred in Arizona.
"Dishonest tax collectors and other notorious sinners often came to listen to Jesus' sermons; but this caused complaints from the Jewish religious leaders and the experts on Jewish law because he was associating with such despicable people -- even eating with them!" (Luke 15:1 2, The Living Bible).
Recently we had our annual retreat, and we enjoyed it.
As a young man of 18 on a mission trip in Egypt and Israel, Daniel Commerford said he felt God had placed a call on his life to go into the ministry.
This April marks the 50th anniversary of one of the best treatises written during the Civil Rights movement: Martin Luther King Jr.'s letter from the Birmingham jail.
Last weekend I made it a point to steer clear of downtown Atlanta.
I am departing from featuring my pretty wildflowers so that I can include flowering shrubs and trees.
It's OK to doubt the Bible on your journey to Jesus Christ. Doubts are interesting things.
In the book of Deuteronomy, the Hebrew people were given a very interesting instruction about harvesting their grapes.
Bible promises transformation when earthly form quits.
Walking into Victorious Life Church this week feels like stepping into the world where Jesus walked more than 2,000 years ago.
Easter is just around the corner. People who don't normally go to church will be in church on Easter Sunday -- I think that is great.
Sweet white violet is named after its pleasant fragrance. When we examine the characteristics of a person committed to follow the commandment Jesus repeated several times to "love your neighbor as yourself," we become aware of a very important contrast to the norms of our society.
No need to wait for God -- He's already here. I have taken a lot of photographs over the years.
Easter clothes us in the love of the Lord. Like most ministers, I look forward to Easter every year at church.
- Junior Master Gardeners looking for new members
- Bryce Johnson Birth
- Yard of the month for April
- Conyers Garden Club
- Scrapbook: Huckaby chosen as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013
- March Yard of the Month
- Man speaks about Army service to NSDAR
- Fashion Flair
- Miss Westbury 2013
- Huckaby gets teaching award
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Banana smoothie a healthy alternative to ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet potato muffins melt in your mouth
- THE RECIPE BOX: Resurrection rolls perfect to make with children at Easter
- THE RECIPE BOX: Swiss steak in the Crock-Pot makes the house smell good
- The Recipe Box: For a low calorie dessert, try banana ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Breakfast oatmeal cookies a quick, healthy way to start the day
- RECIPE BOX: Penne pasta recipe mixes Alfredo, red sauce
- THE RECIPE BOX: This quick, tasty fruit dip recipe is perfect for Super Bowl Sunday
- THE RECIPE BOX: Meatloaf can be made to suit your taste
- Griffin-Murphy Engagement
- Jacobi - Faust Engagement
- Brockman - Brado Engagement
- Fils -- Pollock Engagement
- Pope - Meredith Engagement
- Lamb - Wyatt Engagement
- Steedley-Pulliam Engagement
- Talton-Durham Engagement
- Partee-Tackett Engagement
- Allgood-Vaughan Engagement