The rain started falling early in the morning and continued all through the day. It was a downpour for a good part of the day.
What is the goal of the church? Ask 10 people and you will get 10 different answers to that question.
Thunder is on its way, but it's the kind of thunder one wants to hear. The world-renowned Ugandan Thunder choir from Africa is coming to town next month, and everyone is invited to the free concert sponsored by Salem United Methodist Church.
Spring renews our hope. Every spring brings with it the promise of new beginnings.
Tiny, strange flowers adorn the littleleaf buttercup. According to the Weather Channel, 27 degrees Fahrenheit is the record low for April 19. I remember a strange spring in 2007 when an Easter freeze created a new agenda for planting our gardens.
Bible is proof enough for Creation account.
Don't let external beauty distract you from God.
Pets provide comfort, encouragement not unlike a pastor.
Visit to my childhood home brings back fond memories. A few years ago, I returned to the house where I had spent much of my youth.
Everyone's life deserves some recognition when it's ended. What seems like a boring list to us was very meaningful to the ancients. Even the lists of ancestral names in the New Testament -- like those found in the gospels recording Jesus' ancestry -- carried great meaning.
The historic Monastery of the Holy Spirit will host the Georgia Symphony Orchestra and Chorus for the group's first-ever concert at the monastery in Conyers on May 5.
Ditching. the Lord's way leads to chaos. I've been enjoying watching Little League baseball games again this spring, as two of my grandsons participate in that pastime.
Always-changing honeysuckle follows the cycles of nature. Psalm 43:5 reads "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me?
The effects of sin, forgiven or not, are far-reaching. There is a misconception that many in the church seem to hold today; a misconception regarding sin and its consequences.
A movie could actually be made about their lives, but for now Brad and Renee Rutledge of Covington are just happy having cameos in a new film that will open April 19 in theaters across the U.S., including at Carmike's Crossroads 16 Theater in Conyers.
- Junior Master Gardeners looking for new members
- Bryce Johnson Birth
- Yard of the month for April
- Conyers Garden Club
- Scrapbook: Huckaby chosen as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013
- March Yard of the Month
- Man speaks about Army service to NSDAR
- Fashion Flair
- Miss Westbury 2013
- Huckaby gets teaching award
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Banana smoothie a healthy alternative to ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet potato muffins melt in your mouth
- THE RECIPE BOX: Resurrection rolls perfect to make with children at Easter
- THE RECIPE BOX: Swiss steak in the Crock-Pot makes the house smell good
- The Recipe Box: For a low calorie dessert, try banana ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Breakfast oatmeal cookies a quick, healthy way to start the day
- RECIPE BOX: Penne pasta recipe mixes Alfredo, red sauce
- THE RECIPE BOX: This quick, tasty fruit dip recipe is perfect for Super Bowl Sunday
- THE RECIPE BOX: Meatloaf can be made to suit your taste
- Griffin-Murphy Engagement
- Jacobi - Faust Engagement
- Brockman - Brado Engagement
- Fils -- Pollock Engagement
- Pope - Meredith Engagement
- Lamb - Wyatt Engagement
- Steedley-Pulliam Engagement
- Talton-Durham Engagement
- Partee-Tackett Engagement
- Allgood-Vaughan Engagement