Like so many churches in the South, our church still has a time of invitation after the sermon every Sunday.
Many of the first readings at our Masses these weeks are taken from the Acts of the Apostles.
If you had driven by our church one morning recently, you might have seen the unusual sight of myself and another member of our congregation perched on the roof of our building.
The Church is an interesting thing. Normally when we think of church we think of a place, and sadly when we think of church, our impressions of it are not that good.
Is there a fundamental difference between humans and animals? Or is life for both merely a struggle to survive from birth through maturity, then death?
Did you hear about the fight that broke out on Mount Everest a couple of weeks ago?
I'm stretching the wildflower definition again and including another shrub or small tree because of the attractiveness of the bloom.
Already a successful singer and songwriter who has opened for such groups as The Commodores, Sh'Aunta "Quinette" Moore of Conyers can now add the mantle of playwright to her list of accomplishments.
Paul's first letter to the Corinthians informs us that love is patient (1 Cor. 13:4).
Author Anne Rice, in "Called Out of Darkness: A Spiritual Confession," has a powerful personal story about her relationship with Jesus.
A few weeks ago when Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the youngest brother of two suspects, was captured for bombing the Boston Marathon, a public debate erupted about the type of rights he was afforded.
Recently, one of our daughters used our home for the purpose of holding a two-day garage sale. She considered it to be a better location for such an event than her residence.
One day, Moses was tending his father-in-law's sheep in the Sinai Desert and he saw a unique phenomenon.
As a young unmarried father, Larry Bryant lived a troubled life. He worked during the week but on weekends used drugs.
- Junior Master Gardeners looking for new members
- Bryce Johnson Birth
- Yard of the month for April
- Conyers Garden Club
- Scrapbook: Huckaby chosen as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013
- March Yard of the Month
- Man speaks about Army service to NSDAR
- Fashion Flair
- Miss Westbury 2013
- Huckaby gets teaching award
The Recipe Box
- THE RECIPE BOX: Zesty Italian dressing makes cucumber salad a refreshing dish
- THE RECIPE BOX: Banana smoothie a healthy alternative to ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Sweet potato muffins melt in your mouth
- THE RECIPE BOX: Resurrection rolls perfect to make with children at Easter
- THE RECIPE BOX: Swiss steak in the Crock-Pot makes the house smell good
- The Recipe Box: For a low calorie dessert, try banana ice cream
- THE RECIPE BOX: Breakfast oatmeal cookies a quick, healthy way to start the day
- RECIPE BOX: Penne pasta recipe mixes Alfredo, red sauce
- THE RECIPE BOX: This quick, tasty fruit dip recipe is perfect for Super Bowl Sunday
- THE RECIPE BOX: Meatloaf can be made to suit your taste
- Griffin-Murphy Engagement
- Jacobi - Faust Engagement
- Brockman - Brado Engagement
- Fils -- Pollock Engagement
- Pope - Meredith Engagement
- Lamb - Wyatt Engagement
- Steedley-Pulliam Engagement
- Talton-Durham Engagement
- Partee-Tackett Engagement
- Allgood-Vaughan Engagement