Newton County native Gannon Adams has been able to gain considerable traction -- and attention -- in the country music business, thanks in no small part to a pair of American cultural icons.
Before I say this, just know that I am not bragging. I am sure that this is not anything to brag about. But you and I are friends and I always endeavor to be honest with you so you should know the truth.
Dad said you can't have the car this weekend.. That's OK.
Erika Sellers said she can't talk about Rockdale County Special Olympics without tearing up because the program, for which she's volunteered since 2008, means so much to her.
Importance of knowing your kin. It is of paramount importance that I teach my husband how to be a Southerner, at least a half-decent one if not one of regal bearing.
Everyone grieves differently, and in the upcoming production of "Rabbit Hole," audiences will watch as a small group of characters wades into the aftermath of the death of a young child, each person struggling in his own way.
You only wanted a job.
Local bluegrass players encourage fans of the genre to take a short drive to Stockbridge for an afternoon of music, not only for the pleasure of hearing the songs but also to help a neighbor in need.
Back in the summer, unwillingly, I would rise early and take a run to beat some of the oppressive heat and humidity that smothers the South when the sun inches higher in the sky.
Today, there was food on your table.
Looking to invest in a bike but you just don't know which is the right one for you? Then check out the Southeast Bike Expo at the Georgia International Horse Park in Conyers.
Little Danny McGuire was the scrawniest kid in class. He was so frail, so downright skinny that his dungarees clung to his bony hips only thanks to a well-worn brown belt that was pulled tight to the last notch, causing the fabric to gather in folds.
Your mother scared the daylights out of you last week.. She said she was going for a quick walk but when she didn't return three hours later, you went looking for her.
Most people know that to keep their hearts healthy they must exercise, eat right, maintain proper weight and not smoke.
Mama's favorite phrase when I was growing up -- particularly during the defiant teenage years, especially when I sassed her -- was "you're gonna pay for your raising one day, little lady.
- Rockdale/Newton Community Calendar
- Griffin-Murphy Engagement
- JOE LAGUARDIA: We can show our devotion to God in many ways
- Local gospel choir welcomes nationally known Louisiana pastor
- JAMES BEHRENS: God has not abandoned us, He shines through our service to each other
- TONY ELDER: Christ should be our most important focus
- JOHN PEARRELL: Those who consider themselves the body of Christ need to act more like it
- ORRIN MORRIS: Greenbrier vines a metaphor for our own entangled lives
- Progressive music festival celebrates eighth year at Olde Town Pavilion
- RONDA RICH: No happy ending for Peggy Sue's story
- Junior Master Gardeners looking for new members
- Bryce Johnson Birth
- Yard of the month for April
- Conyers Garden Club
- Scrapbook: Huckaby chosen as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013
- March Yard of the Month
- Man speaks about Army service to NSDAR
- Fashion Flair
- Miss Westbury 2013
- Huckaby gets teaching award
- Military News for March 2013
- January Military News
- Military News for December 2012
- November Military News
- Military News for October
- September Military News
- Military News for August
- Conyers resident recalls her WWII service to her country
- Lithonians look back on life during WWII
- WWII veteran Hattendorf recalls airborne adventures