Shape-note singing key to culture. of the South. One day over lunch, my new-to-the-South-but-thoroughly-loving-it husband commented on the choir singing at our church which is led by my brother-in-law, Rodney.
You always wanted to be a princess.. Growing up, that's what you told people when they asked.
In the past several years, I have had as much luck visiting the historically preserved home of Southern iconic writer, Eudora Welty, as I would have had when she was alive.
Mary Lynn Luke, musical director of the Oxford Youth Singers for the past nine years, minces no words when describing the rigor of the vocal ensemble's upcoming production, the epic, award-winning musical "Les Miserables.".
To be just downright honest, I never expected to miss him this much.
Food lovers, auto enthusiasts and families looking to spend a few hours of affordable fun are invited to check out the annual Taste of Conyers and Conyers Car Show.
How many kids do you have?
Bring harmony to your house with 'Secrets of Happy Families'. Six o'clock, right on the nose.
Easter parade an. inescapable tradition.
In 1988, after years of living and working with some of the music industry's most gifted artists in Los Angeles, Jez Graham packed up his piano and moved to Atlanta, a decision he's never regretted.. "I'd always missed the East Coast and so did my wife, Mindy, and when we
The Air National Guard Band of the South's performance on March 30 at the Rockdale Auditorium in Olde Town Conyers will no doubt be a rousing evening of entertainment, but the free concert will also have a bittersweet tone.
All for one, and one for all.. That could've been the motto for you and your two best friends.
A major New York publisher sent a review copy of a much-touted novel called, "If Jack's In Love."
It has long been my belief that the dreams tucked into our hearts are the compass we're given to find our direction in life. Children know at an early age what they're called to do.
TERRI SCHLICHENMEYER: 'Vatican Diaries' details eye-opening stories of scandal, politics behind papal walls
You and God had a little talk this morning.. You told Him about your day ahead: what you wished for, the people who needed Him especially today, the ideas you had and troubles you carried.
- Rockdale/Newton Community Calendar
- Griffin-Murphy Engagement
- JOE LAGUARDIA: We can show our devotion to God in many ways
- Local gospel choir welcomes nationally known Louisiana pastor
- JAMES BEHRENS: God has not abandoned us, He shines through our service to each other
- TONY ELDER: Christ should be our most important focus
- JOHN PEARRELL: Those who consider themselves the body of Christ need to act more like it
- ORRIN MORRIS: Greenbrier vines a metaphor for our own entangled lives
- Progressive music festival celebrates eighth year at Olde Town Pavilion
- RONDA RICH: No happy ending for Peggy Sue's story
- Junior Master Gardeners looking for new members
- Bryce Johnson Birth
- Yard of the month for April
- Conyers Garden Club
- Scrapbook: Huckaby chosen as Georgia’s Outstanding American History Teacher for 2013
- March Yard of the Month
- Man speaks about Army service to NSDAR
- Fashion Flair
- Miss Westbury 2013
- Huckaby gets teaching award
- Military News for March 2013
- January Military News
- Military News for December 2012
- November Military News
- Military News for October
- September Military News
- Military News for August
- Conyers resident recalls her WWII service to her country
- Lithonians look back on life during WWII
- WWII veteran Hattendorf recalls airborne adventures