The only new church started this year in the United Methodists' North Georgia Conference has been planted right between Rockdale and Newton counties.
Distressed homeowners can take advantage of cash incentives to sell the home they can't afford. Because of the unique nature of today's market, new bank and government programs pay relocation incentives to homeowners who undergo a foreclosure alternative -- most commonly short sales.
Santa Claus will be available for photos, and free face painting will be offered at the Dairy Queen in Conyers on Dec. 15 from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. Bring your own camera to take pictures with Santa. The Dairy Queen is located at 1235 Dogwood Drive.
When Kevin and Shante Ragin produce a play, they not only want to entertain audiences, they also aim to send a message.
Brandon Tisdale, formerly of Covington, recently completed the Special Agent Candidate Course at the Georgia Public Safety Training Center in Forsyth.
The Citizen newspapers recently made donations to breast cancer awareness organizations in both Rockdale and Newton counties.
Special Photo Entrants in the Merryvale Assisted Living 4th Annual Bark-in-the-Park Dog Show pose for a shot with their canines. The dog show, held at Merryvale in Covington, awarded prizes for prizes for best look-alike, best dressed, best trick and best overall.
The Kroger located at 1745 Highway 138 in Conyers recently held a ribbon-cutting to celebrate completed renovations at the store. Renovations included new floors, a new cheese island in the deli, new produce fixtures, updated meat cases and a new money services center. Shown cutting the ribbon are Kroger Unit Manager Ken Jackson and Rockdale County Commission Member JaNice Van Ness.
Santa arrives at the Mall at Stonecrest on Nov. 17 at 10 a.m. He will be on the lower level near Sears through Christmas Eve.
Just Dogs holds benefit day for Arts Association. Just Dogs restaurant, 5151 Highway 278 in Covington, will hold an Arts Appreciation Day to benefit the Arts Association in Newton County on Oct. 26 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Belk invites schools and other nonprofit organizations to participate in its semi-annual Belk Charity Sale, Nov. 3, from 6 to 10 a.m.
Beth Tanner Berry holds fond memories of Olde Town Conyers where as a child she regularly visited Beasley's department store to buy school supplies and Kay's Bridal store to buy Little People dolls.
When a person is discharged from the hospital after surgery or illness, the recovery doesn't end there, said Right at Home Director Mark Ross.
I used to have a preacher who was so bad that the only way I could get through his sermons was to rewrite them in my head.
Employees of Electric Membership Corporations throughout Georgia, including Snapping Shoals EMC, recently donated their time during the third annual Electric Cooperative Week of Volunteerism.
- '12 Newton grads outpace state; Rate increases from last year
- Area groups stand ready to assist in Oklahoma relief efforts
- Deemer retiring as tourism director
- Newton Sheriff's Office opens Westside Precinct
- Charlie and Binx would like to find new homes
- School board to discuss budget plans tonight 7 comments
- Memorial Day events taking place in Covington, Conyers
- Covington woman reports strange emails
- Econ team: New hires will focus on economic, workforce development 1 comment
- Newton Sheriff makes quick arrests of armed robbery suspects
- Longtime BOE members leave Rockdale seats
- Historic election tops stories in Rockdale 6 comments
- Lawsuit an ongoing story in Newton 21 comments
- Baxter top Newton story of 2012
- Salem Overlay tabled 3 comments
- Augusta National adds first 2 female members
- Chick-fil-A sandwiches become a political symbol 15 comments
- June 5 Health Reports
- Experts warn high temperatures can cause heat stroke
- Qualifying wraps for primary elections 8 comments