Tony Wilson column
Hogs, Hens and Heifers Bar-B-Que opens in Conyers
Hogs, Hens and Heifers opens in Conyers.
Military families eligible for free Christmas decor.
Three new businesses open at Wall Street in Conyers.
Tony Wilson column
O'Hannah's Hair Studio and Boutique relocates to the Covington Square
O’Hannah’s Hair Studio and Boutique relocates to the Covington Square.
Oct. 1 marked the official rollout of the much-anticipated health insurance exchange for Georgians and citizens in 30-plus other states. The exchange is also referred to as the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM), and it is the centerpiece of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
Tuesday marked the much anticipated October opening of the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) for Georgians. The FFM (also referred to as the Exchange) is a cornerstone of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
Georgia Farm Bureau members who grow Bermudagrass hay are encouraged to enter the GFB 2013 Quality Hay Contest. Hay entered in the contest will be tested at the University of Georgia Testing Lab using the Relative Forage Quality (RFQ) Test, which predicts fiber digestibility and likely animal intake of hay.
You’ll recall we recently dedicated this space to discussing the PPACA requirement that employers — whether they offer health insurance coverage or not — are required to notify their full- and part-time employees of the Health Insurance Exchange (also referred to as the Marketplace) by Oct. 1.
Kohl’s Department Stores announced it anticipates hiring more than 50,000 associates nationwide this holiday season to support seasonal business in stores and growth on Kohls.com.
Conyers dentist Dr. Doug Torbush was recently named the Northern District Dental Society 2013 Dentist of the Year at the Boots & Bling Ball held at Druid Hills Golf Club.
Conyers/Rockdale Chamber of Commerce Chairman Barlay Thua is named to state leadership program.
A key component of the Health Care Reform law is the rollout of the Health Insurance Exchange, and although the Exchange for Georgia opens on Oct. 1, there still seems to be a lot of confusion as to what an Exchange is and how it will work.
Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers is supporting the Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign by raising funds in their restaurants. The restuarant will donate $1 to the Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign for every bruschetta appetizer ordered.
Newton County News
- Covington City Council approves Clarks Grove and Covington Place plans for Halloween
- Reports of shots fired prompt search in Salem Road area
- Community Calendar for Oct. 22, 2014
- Tips for avoiding online dating scams
- Rockdale County woman falls prey to online dating scam
- Semi-annual jewelry sale, hosted by the Newton Medical Auxiliary, ends today
- Report: Man crashes car into house while chasing pit bulls
- Newton schools to distribute desktops to low-income students
- Pet of the Week: Aslin and Tootie and Muldune
- Amendments and referendum voters will see on ballot affect taxes, colleges, reckless driving victims
- HONOR ROLL: Oak Hill Elementary School
- Rockdale Magnet School graduate awarded 5K scholarship from credit union
- Choral Guild awards scholarship to those pursuing musical degrees.
- RCSO: 2 Newton Co. men charged with armed robbery, murder
- Police arrest armed man loitering around school
- Conyers considers changes to sign ordinance
- High winds bring down trees, power lines
- Rockdale BOE OKs additional teachers
- Locals compete on ‘Family Feud’
- Early voting begins Oct. 14