Tony Wilson column
Hogs, Hens and Heifers Bar-B-Que opens in Conyers
Hogs, Hens and Heifers opens in Conyers.
Military families eligible for free Christmas decor.
Three new businesses open at Wall Street in Conyers.
Tony Wilson column
O'Hannah's Hair Studio and Boutique relocates to the Covington Square
O’Hannah’s Hair Studio and Boutique relocates to the Covington Square.
Oct. 1 marked the official rollout of the much-anticipated health insurance exchange for Georgians and citizens in 30-plus other states. The exchange is also referred to as the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM), and it is the centerpiece of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
Tuesday marked the much anticipated October opening of the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) for Georgians. The FFM (also referred to as the Exchange) is a cornerstone of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA).
Georgia Farm Bureau members who grow Bermudagrass hay are encouraged to enter the GFB 2013 Quality Hay Contest. Hay entered in the contest will be tested at the University of Georgia Testing Lab using the Relative Forage Quality (RFQ) Test, which predicts fiber digestibility and likely animal intake of hay.
You’ll recall we recently dedicated this space to discussing the PPACA requirement that employers — whether they offer health insurance coverage or not — are required to notify their full- and part-time employees of the Health Insurance Exchange (also referred to as the Marketplace) by Oct. 1.
Kohl’s Department Stores announced it anticipates hiring more than 50,000 associates nationwide this holiday season to support seasonal business in stores and growth on Kohls.com.
Conyers dentist Dr. Doug Torbush was recently named the Northern District Dental Society 2013 Dentist of the Year at the Boots & Bling Ball held at Druid Hills Golf Club.
Conyers/Rockdale Chamber of Commerce Chairman Barlay Thua is named to state leadership program.
A key component of the Health Care Reform law is the rollout of the Health Insurance Exchange, and although the Exchange for Georgia opens on Oct. 1, there still seems to be a lot of confusion as to what an Exchange is and how it will work.
Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers is supporting the Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign by raising funds in their restaurants. The restuarant will donate $1 to the Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign for every bruschetta appetizer ordered.
Newton County News
- Ellenberg named principal at Newton High
- Newton Citizen Poll for April 20, 2014
- Newton Jail Blotter, April 9-15
- Newton Citizen Poll for April 13, 2014
- Two Grayson men arrested in connection with Omnicare robbery
- Newton Citizen Poll
- Newton Jail Blotter, March 26-April 1
- Newton Citizen Poll for March 30
- Monks mark 70th anniversary of monastic life in Conyers
- Newton Citizen Poll for March 23
- Locals compete on ‘Family Feud’
- Early voting begins Oct. 14
- Conyers man dies in fall at Turner Field
- Rockdale physician, wife killed in plane crash
- Longtime BOE members leave Rockdale seats
- Historic election tops stories in Rockdale 6 comments
- Lawsuit an ongoing story in Newton 21 comments
- Baxter top Newton story of 2012
- Salem Overlay tabled 3 comments
- Augusta National adds first 2 female members