Providence Hospice, located at 100 Corporate Center Drive in Stockbridge, is having a yard sale on Saturday, May 18, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to benefit the Alzheimer's Association and the Breast Cancer Association.
For almost a decade, Aaron Reed has been selling his artwork at festivals up and down the East Coast and across the South.
Special Photo Neita Jones, right, is awarded Top Individual Sales Associate for the Rockdale/Newton office by Metro Brokers Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate President and Chief Executive Officer Kevin Levent at the Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metro Brokers Awards Celebration. Other members of the Rockdale/Newton office receiving awards for their performance included: Carol Moore and John Reich with the Silver Award; and Johnny Lanford, Kerry Gibson and Vicki Vandiegriff with the Distinction Award.
Special Photo Project Open Hand/Atlanta Coordinator Felicia Martin receives a check from BJ’s Community Affairs Assistant Manager Susie Meacham and BJ’s Operations Manager Uveimar Sandovar as part of the BJ’s Charitable Foundation grant program. BJ’s Charitable Foundation recently donated $110,000 to 16 charitable organizations in Georgia. The Foundation disperses funds to organizations focused on hunger prevention, self sufficiency, health care and education. The grants in Georgia are part of the Foundation’s quarterly cycle to provide donations to charitable organizations in the 15 states where BJ’s Wholesale Clubs are located. Locally, Newton County Reads of Oxford was awarded $2,500 in support of programs that address the needs of undereducated adults/teens by providing adult literacy, GED preparation and English as a Second Language programs.
Synovus Bank, the Georgia-chartered, FDIC-insured bank, has completed the previously announced consolidation of two of its bank divisions -- Bank of North Georgia, based in Alpharetta and Bank of Coweta in Newnan. The combined division will operate as Bank of North Georgia.
A Jazzercise devotee since childhood, Lindsey Moore is ready to make the exercise program her full time job.
Do you worry about decisions that you don't have to make yet?. I call them the decisions after the decision. Worrying about them will totally derail you.. A client of mine was interviewing for a big promotion.
Rockdale Medical Center was recently awarded the LifePoint Hospitals 2012 Information Technology Leadership Award for technological improvements made to enhance patient safety and physician satisfaction.
The Chick-fil-A at 1610 Ga. Highway 138 in Conyers invites families to a Home Fire Safety Clinic on Monday, March 18 from 5 to 8 p.m. A portion of the evening's proceeds willbenefit the Rockdale County Fire and Rescue's Fire Safety Education initiatives.
The Rockdale-Newton local chapter of the American Business Women's Association (ABWA), a Kansas City, Mo. based association, is hosting the first of a three-series workshop at the Wall Street Conyers Conference and Event Center, located at 2375 Wall Street, Suite 140 in Conyers on April 13.
Conyers Main Street Manager Monica Coffin, a member of the Georgia Downtown Association (GDA) Board of Directors, recently participated in the organization's annual planning retreat Feb. 26 and 27, at the Currahee Club in Toccoa.
With neuromuscular diseases affecting more than 1 million Americans, Kroger's Atlanta Division is urging customers to support its annual fundraiser for the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) from March 17 to 30.
- School board to discuss budget plans tonight 2 comments
- Memorial Day events taking place in Covington, Conyers
- Covington woman reports strange emails
- Econ team: New hires will focus on economic, workforce development
- Newton Sheriff makes quick arrests of armed robbery suspects
- Health reports for Newton, Rockdale counties for May 21, 2013
- FFA Center hosting summer camps, mud race
- Care being given to restore Porterdale Gym as architect intended
- 'Manifold Greatness' exhibit chronicles history, impact of King James Bible
- Wicks: Developer would pay for sewer line upgrade 5 comments
- Longtime BOE members leave Rockdale seats
- Historic election tops stories in Rockdale 6 comments
- Lawsuit an ongoing story in Newton 21 comments
- Baxter top Newton story of 2012
- Salem Overlay tabled 3 comments
- Augusta National adds first 2 female members
- Chick-fil-A sandwiches become a political symbol 15 comments
- June 5 Health Reports
- Experts warn high temperatures can cause heat stroke
- Qualifying wraps for primary elections 8 comments