CONYERS — In its continuing efforts to crack down on prostitution in the city, the Conyers Police Department made six more arrests this week in another undercover sting operation.
According to CPD Officer Kim Lucas, investigators created a social media page on a site commonly known to be used by prostitutes. Once they were contacted by prospective customers, or johns, the undercover investigator would arrange a meeting at a local hotel.
“When they got close to the destination, we would disclose our exact location and room number,” Lucas said. “We would wait for them to knock and then would take them down as soon as they opened the door.”
She said the operation started about 3 p.m. and it netted four arrests in the first three hours. Two more arrests were made later in the evening.
The following individuals were arrested in Wednesday’s Solicitation for Sex sting operation:
• Tamarcus Harry Callaway, 32, 1078 Adcock Circle, Conyers, charged with pandering;
• Prentice Orlando Calligan, 36, 100 Spring Valley Way, Covington, charged with pandering;
• Christopher John Crowley, 43, 118 Dove Landing, Social Circle, charged with pandering, driving without a license and on an outstanding warrant out of Morgan County for probation violation;
• Michael S. Holloway, 54, 229 Dillard Crossing, Tucker, charged with pandering;
• Terry Denard Pace, 28, 6817 Parc Chateau W., Lithonia, charged with pandering; and
• Monty Renard Sims, 44, 2409 Winshire Drive, Decatur, charged with pandering and possession of marijuana less than 1 ounce.
On Feb. 20, the CPD and Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office joined forces and conducted an undercover sting operation at another local hotel that resulted in the arrests of six people, including two prostitutes, two johns, a pimp and a woman found with drugs who was in the car with the young son of one of the alleged prostitutes.
Lucas said the CPD plans to conduct more operations in an effort to crack down on prostitution in the city.