Monday, January 27, 2014
© Copyright 2015
COVINGTON – The Newton County Theme School at Ficquett is accepting applications for enrollment for the 2014-15 school year. Applications will be accepted from Monday, Feb. 3 through Friday, Feb. 7.
Provided that space is available, students will be accepted into NCTS if they meet the school’s requirements.
“Currently we have about 910 students in k-8th grade. Our waiting lists are usually 25 or more,” said NCTS Principal Jim Meneguzzo
In order to have their children be considered for enrollment, parents and guardians must have applications hand-delivered to the Theme School no later than 3:30 p.m. on Feb. 7. The Theme School is located at 2207 Williams St., Covington.
A student who is currently enrolled in another Newton County school must have his or her parents provide two proofs of residency (a current utility bill and a lease agreement or mortgage statement or tax bill) along with a photo ID. Parents or guardians must also supply a copy of the student’s most recent report card and a current discipline record signed by the school principal or assistant principal of a Newton County school.
Applying students who do not already attend a Newton County school must provide all the documentation listed above, along with the following:
- Proof of custody/guardianship (if applicable)
- Birth certificate
- Social Security card/signed waiver
- Immunization Record – GA Form 3231
- GA Eye, Ear & Dental Form
- Most recent report card (not from a Newton County school)
- A standardized test score result form
- Special education records (if applicable)
- Home language survey and student records request (both found in the application form)
- Discipline report signed by school principal or assistant principal (not from a Newton County school)
The potential lottery of students is set for early March. Official notifications of acceptance will distributed on April 30. A link to the NCTS application can be found at www.newtoncountyschools.org.