Newton Citizen Poll for Jan. 13, 2013

The Newton Citizen Poll is a compilation of opinions submitted by readers. They do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Citizen newspapers. If you agree or disagree with something you read here, you may respond by emailing poll@newtoncitizen.com or call 770-787-7303, ext. 1349. Please remember that the Citizen Poll is not a forum for comments either for or in opposition to candidates seeking elective office.

"Last Saturday there were two home basketball games in Newton County -- one at Eastside and one at Alcovy. The JV girls game ended at Alcovy with a bleachers emptying brawl that started at the end of the game when the teams were supposed to be shaking hands. No deputies were working the game. The gym was finally emptied and the rest of the games were cancelled. Eastside had a home game and at the end two adult females started fighting in the parking lot just as the fans were leaving. Backup had to be called and ended up with seven patrol cars an dogs patrolling the crowd! What is happening to our county? Why was there no security at Alcovy? How easily would it have been for an enraged person to stop fighting and start shooting. Wake up Newton County."

"Christmas and New Year's have come and gone and the Old Man is kind of happy about it. Christmas has become a mad house of buying and forgetting that the Christ Child was born on this day. The media still hypes blood and mayhem. The TV had a lot of Christmas stories but nothing original like the Christmas Story. Congress is still saying, "Forget about those common folk. We have to protect the rich." And so another year of a very poor Congress is headed our way. Now I don't want to be a doom and gloomer and I am an optimist so maybe they will begin to think that if they don't shape up they may not get elected. I do think it is sad that we are now having S.W.A.T. teams running around with guns drawn. I remember when I visited Ireland and saw soldiers with their rifles patrolling the streets and I said then that this would never happen in the U.S.A. Boy, was I wrong. As I watch TV I see countries where just about everyone seems to have a rapid-fire gun of some kind or a bazooka or some other type of weapon. Is that what we are coming to? Well, as our boys overseas fight and try to stay alive, and as some of our politicians think our boys are overpaid, talk to their families. I see the politicians are really not being hurt by Obamacare or rising food costs or trying to make Social Security and Medicare a welfare program. Let us hope that people and politicians begin to think of things like God, justice, civility and many of the good things we use to enjoy. Happy New Year and may it be a good one for everyone."

"The Newton School board should let Jeff Meadors pick the replacements for Dr. Mathews and Carpenter. Then he would have nothing more to complain about. Or better yet, name him Superintendent. According to his columns, he has all the answers."

Obama -- who thinks he walks on water and the liberal media who back him up -- will once again pull a backdoor executive order to get his two nominees sworn in. You people who voted him in once again, should be so proud. He will resort to whatever it takes to get what he wants. If this goes to the Supreme Court, his lap dog John Roberts, the turncoat emeritus, will vote to do whatever Obama wants. I do not know what Obama promised Roberts or threatened him with on Obamacare, but that is when Roberts showed his true colors. How this man can sleep at night is unbelievable. What a traitor, His time will come and I hope soon. He will have to answer to his Maker for his actions. This country is headed for destruction and you who voted for Obama should reap the consequences. The only problem is we who knew what the outcome would be will also have to suffer."

Comments

OnToday 1 year, 6 months ago

Meadors has more answers than any of the others at NCSS combined. Sorry if you don't like that he points our serious problems in our school system. Continue to bury your head in the sand and pay more for less and see how that works out for you.

Frustrated 1 year, 6 months ago

At least Meadors is willing to bring problems to light and not just ignore them. NCSS has serious problems that need to be corrected but it seems most of the BOE would rather stick their head in the sand and pretend the problems don't exist. Out of sight, out of mind is their creed.

RetiredGuy 1 year, 6 months ago

The person who wrote:
"Obama -- who thinks he walks on water and the liberal media who back him up -- will once again pull a backdoor executive order to get his two nominees sworn in."

Shows his/her true nature of hate. If Obama were white would this person be spouting this bile? This person even hates the Chief Justice. Why? Because a black person who is President, got a bill passed in Congress and then signed into Law.

This out pouring of hate is a sickness in itself.

will 1 year, 6 months ago

If Hussein obama was white, green, yellow, or purple he would continue to be the worst leader ever elected, it has nothing to do with his color. For all we know his white half is making all the poor choices. All Hussein wants to do is prop up the welfare leeches so he will get more votes. I hope all the idiots that voted for Hussein suffer first, I forgot they have nothing to lose because they had nothing to begin with and where has hussein gotten you, right at the bottom where you started your just too ignorant to see it. Productive people should be the only people allowed to vote. If your on welfare stay home you bring nothing to the table but an open hand that will never be given enough.

dennistay53 1 year, 6 months ago

I agree with Will on this one.

Watermelonlover 1 year, 6 months ago

Yes I think that he will continue to answer and do what is right and help. Hey has lots of knowlegde that he is not going to just sit on. See it makes it hard for us to know anything that is going on if you don't have someone like him. For the reaso that would have no unearthly idea what is going on except what they were to all pick and choose for us to know. His columns are very informative and give example of the things we shouls look at and fix it.

Hotmess 1 year, 6 months ago

The other BOE members just exist they have no input they all wait for the other person to speak and hope they don't have to. As a matter of fact if you have ever been to a board meeting the most you hear them say is I or nay. I mean wow thanks for the input. Also when people speak the only one who really looks like they care is Meadors. I mean it is very concerning that there isn't more cohesion in this unit.

Satan69 1 year, 6 months ago

They are a bunch of ostriches with their heads in the sand. I mean they are totally oblivious to what is going on and don't want to know. Meadors knows what is going on all the time and if not he finds out.

flithymcnasty 1 year, 6 months ago

We need to submit all of our concerns to Meadors, and I bet in a matter of months most of the problems would be solved.

Chambermaid 1 year, 6 months ago

I am going to send in a recommendation. No need to look for another super their is one qualified sitting in the board room who is Vice chair I think that would be the boards best chance of recovering. Just an opinion.

dennistay53 1 year, 6 months ago

My goodness every liberal idiot thinks that anybody who doesn't agree with Obama is a Racist. Of course it was ok when they bashed Bush, that wasn't racist? I call these type people two faced.

will 1 year, 6 months ago

dennistay53, liberal people that use the word racist are too stupid to use any word that requires thinking for themselves. These people are being used by this administration everyday but the ignorant people like hussein just because of his race. I am not a racist, I hate his white half just as much as his black half.