Covington Police look into two separate stabbing incidents

COVINGTON -- The Covington Police Department investigated two separate stabbing incidents Saturday night.

Around 6:45 officers were called to 3122 Sanford St. where two men got into an altercation after one of them allegedly insulted the other man's wife.

According to the owner of the Sanford Street residence, the two men were talking in his kitchen when the offender made an inappropriate comment about the victim's wife. When the victim protested, he was stabbed five times in his left flank and backside, according to a CPD incident report.

The assailant fled the scene, leaving behind the wounded man and extensive blood splatter on the walls, floor, appliances and door.

The victim was transported to Newton Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. The suspect is still at large.

A few hours later, around 10:20 p.m., a woman flagged down a CPD officer in the parking lot of Wellington Ridge apartment complex, telling the officer her former boyfriend and her current boyfriend had gotten into a fight.

According to a CPD incident report, while talking to the woman, the officer noted a male walking toward them and could see bloody abrasions to his face.

"I then asked him if he needed medical attention and he asked for my opinion and as I shined my flashlight on his person, I could see a large blood stain over his left chest area and that he was standing over an open green knife," the incident report states. "I asked him if he had been stabbed and he said he didn't know."

Further investigation revealed the man had indeed been stabbed in the upper left chest region.

While waiting for EMS to arrive, the victim told the officer his girlfriend's former boyfriend was waiting for them when they returned to her apartment and attacked him. The boyfriend had apparently arrived at the location on a bicycle which was later found where he discarded it as he fled on foot.

The victim was transported to Atlanta Medical Center, and the suspect is still at large.

"We have leads in both of these cases and expect to make arrests," said CPD Public Information Officer Capt. Ken Malcom Monday afternoon.

Comments

henrystamm 1 year, 6 months ago

Why do we have so much crime here now? Start arresting the main culprits the elected officials, greedy property owners and planners in Covington and the County. They destroyed and continue to destroy the area, which was very attractive to us peace-loving residents.

will 1 year, 6 months ago

henrystamm, We have so much crime because the welfare leeches have taken over this area. Put the blame where it belongs. This culture lives for violence and abuse. These section 8, EBT card, obama phone abusers have destroyed every town they take over. We need to stop all the handouts and make these people earn an honest living but they are not capable of an honest living.

covington300 1 year, 6 months ago

hey Will....LBJ pushed these programsthat created your "welfare leeches" and there have been seven terms of Republican presidents and several years of Republican controlled Congress since 1968 - if tthe Republicans were all that and wanted to get rid of these programs they could have....but they simply play on your stupidity.

You obviously don't know that Republican politicians can acutally vote to repel laws on the books don't you...and if your answer is "yes" then you obviously are making thinly velied comments about your dislike of Black Americans...Typical stupid Newton redneck...I wonder if you strong Christian faith and views (which are based on the teachings and examples of Jesus) can balance with your narrow-minded ignornace and hatred. Unless you feel that's what the Gospels teach us, which is different than what I've learned through many years as a practicing Christian...

OnToday 1 year, 6 months ago

But is he wrong about the perpetrators of these crimes? No he is not. That is the point. And what gives you the right to bash his ignorance but call him a "redneck?"

Covingtonian 1 year, 6 months ago

covington300, Will is an "uncle tom" another term for blacks that seek white's approval by seeking their approval by conforming to their views. This type of black person was around during slavery times to keep the other negroes in line and would run and tell on the others to gain favor with "the master".It has been noted that anytime Will post concerning other blacks he has negative things to say and has shown a great disdain for the president of this country. People of all colors are doing vile things but will seems to take delight inhighlighting the misdeeds of the criminals of color. I usually choose to just ignore him.

dennistay53 1 year, 6 months ago

Get over it people. There is not a single white person alive that owned a slave. There is not a single black person alive that has been a slave. If you break the law it shouldn't matter whether you are black or white, you should be punished. An why is it that some think that just because you don't like the policies of Obama and the liberal democrats that you are a racist. George Bush was called all kind of names but never did i hear those calling him these names being called racist. You become president people will not like you- bottom line. I don't care for liuberals of any color. I guess 52 percent of americans are brainwashed enough to follow Obama into the fires of hell if he asked. I have a surprise for you- Obama had a white mother- so he's half white half black.

covington300 1 year, 6 months ago

I don't know if they are "section 8 EBT card Obama phone abusers" due mainly to the fact I do not know who did it. I doubt you do as well but if you know their identity I would go forward to law enforcement so they can do their jobs...I chose to call him a redneck because I won't hide behind pronouns and innuendos when calling out embarrassing commentary by others. If he weren't a "fine country gentleman" he wouldn't have take the trendy Obama line. He would have exercised his frontal lobe for some original ideas...I've lived in this area for 35 years- I know a redneck when I read THEIR suggestive uses of pronouns and other poorly constructed racial stereotypes...