Shooting victim's funeral set for Saturday; Memorial Fund established

COVINGTON — Funeral services for Quintavian Johnson, the 19-year-old who was shot to death Friday night at the Covington Housing Authority, will be held Saturday at 2 p.m. at Peek’s Chapel Baptist Church on Old Salem Road in Conyers. Lester Lackey and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

According to his aunt Nancy Norrington, Johnson’s family did not have life insurance on the teen and have set up an account open for donations from the public to help defray burial costs.

Donations may be made to the Quintavian Johnson Memorial Fund (Account #7190065552) at any Wells Fargo Branch Bank. Norrington said any funds received will be used for funeral expenses.

Comments

PersonalJesus 8 months, 1 week ago

Sorry you chose not to plan ahead. Not a cent.

agaither86 8 months, 1 week ago

Im sorry you feel that way. But out of respect for my family please keep all negative comments to yourself.

Thanks, The Johnson Family

agaither86 8 months, 1 week ago

Sounds like you need to get a little bit closer to Jesus and stop being so judgemental. Please be respectful and keep any negative comments to yourself. My family is grieving and the last thing we want to see is ignorance. Please and thank you

The Johnson Family

Citizen19 8 months, 1 week ago

I think that these shootings are becoming all too common here in our society. I think its time for parents and family to take more responsibility for their children's action. It had been published that Johnson attened the Obudsman school for at risk. This is a sign that something may be wrong. Now also I ask how does a 16 year old have access to a gun? Where are his parents? I am suprised that no one in the community especially the black community has come out and spoke out against what happened. I am sorry something like this has happened but lets get real and remember that the warning signs were posted long ago!

Cooper85 8 months, 1 week ago

What does the school he attended have to do with his death?

mrsfingerprints 8 months, 1 week ago

I agree no pennies for community ills.