School crime report for Oct. 12, 2012

The Newton County Sheriff's Office provides School Resource Officers to each high school and middle school in Newton County. The following is a list of reports filed by these officers that have been received this week by the Newton Citizen:

ALCOVY HIGH SCHOOL

-- An Alcovy High School teacher reported a student having a "suspicious bag" in her classroom. When asked to turn the bag over to the teacher, the student refused and was sent to school administrators. It was then discovered that the bag contained a quantity of marijuana. The 14-year-old student was charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession/distribution of drugs within a school safety zone. The student was taken into custody and transported to the Newton County Juvenile Court.

NEWTON HIGH SCHOOL

-- Students were found to be smoking near a Dumpster at Newton High around 8:05 a.m. on Oct. 3. Juveniles were checked by the school administrators and a female was found to be in possession of drugs. The matter was referred to Juvenile Court.

-- On Oct 4, an NHS student reported an electronic device was stolen from his desk in his French class. The Boost mobile phone was valued at $250 and a serial number was provided.

-- Two students were fighting on Oct. 4 around noon at NHS. After separating and interviewing the two, one of the students was charged with battery.

-- An NHS student reported on Oct. 4 his black Apple iphone valued at $300 was stolen during first period gym class.

-- An NHS student reported on Oct 5 a Metro PCS cell phone in a rubber case valued at $85 had been stolen.

COUSINS MIDDLE SCHOOL

-- On Oct. 8 a mother reported that someone stole her son's Apple iPhone valued at $400 while he was practicing football at Cousins Middle School.

INDIAN CREEK MIDDLE SCHOOL

-- On Oct. 5, a father reported that someone had stolen his daughter's Sprint cell phone valued at $150.

LIBERTY MIDDLE SCHOOL

-- On Oct. 9 the school resource officer broke up a fight in the cafeteria. No charges were filed.

MAINSTAY ACADEMY

-- The principal of Mainstay Academy asked the school resource officer for assistance with a problem on a bus involving older boys. Ezekiel Dwayne Eugene Taylor, 17, of 35 Heaton Place Trail was arrested and charged with obstruction of a law enforcement officer.

WEST NEWTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL

-- On Oct. 9 the principal of West Newton Elementary School received a report from a staff member that students were saying that another student had a weapon in his book bag. When the student was located and the bag searched, an air-soft pistol was discovered. The male student said he was tired of his older brother shooting him with it so he brought it to school to give it away. No charges were filed.

Comments

Satan69 1 year, 9 months ago

Really again pot? Well isn't that just appropriate?

OnToday 1 year, 9 months ago

If you bring the drug sniffing dogs in once a week or even every other day to Alcovy then maybe that would send a message that drugs are not allowed in the school and it might deter this kind of behavior. Just a thought. The teachers should be allowed to teach, not having to pick out "suspicious bags." Until then, the only tests scores that will ever go up are the drug tests.

ShannonBlack 1 year, 9 months ago

Seriously gary get a substance abuse counselor. Get some help down there it is needed. Desperately.

Covingtonian 1 year, 9 months ago

Hey Satan69 or should I call you by your name ShannonBlack, Msloy, Kbeet or another of the many pseudonyms you hide behind. Enough of your hatred and divisiveness,You Hypocrite, you need to seek professional help because you obviously crave attention. I am ready to expose you for what you are if you don't go away. You live in Rockdale now, so please get off our board. If I read one more comment from you I will expose you. People of Newton county Shannon has lied to you about her identities she has more than two and quite likely has lied about other things, she has been warned and will be exposed if this warning isn't heeded.

OnToday 1 year, 9 months ago

I think you need to get a life too.

ShannonBlack 1 year, 9 months ago

Chill out!! I don't know who Satan is but I think your grasping at straws that one. No even close. Expose me please!! You feel funny when your wrong. Take care. Your either Dennis. , laQuanda or Stephanie since we are pointing fingers and all.

LOVINGLIFE 1 year, 9 months ago

Satan69.....You act as if the School provided the student with the pot. The pot was brought in from outside the school , and the student was turned over to the Juvinille court. What else would you have the administration do? The problem here is with the parents, or the lack therof. Stop being an idiot and use some common sense. Even though the principal has done some stupid things , you have been consumed with the whole Alcovy thing. Go back to sleep and spare us the dumb comments....

cherokeerock 1 year, 9 months ago

girls, girls, or boys, please stop this childish fighting like you are the ones in high school on drugs and need counseling.

Satan69 1 year, 9 months ago

@Loving life and Covingtonian I didn't say any of That all I said was pot again how appropriate. Now I don't know where all of you are coming from. But myself. And Shannon Black are not the same people I don't even know the woman. I think you all shaould just calm down. I dont know where you got i was blaming administration I didn't. So just stop trying to put words in my mouth. You don't have to like me.

Newtownqq 1 year, 9 months ago

Sounds like we got "sticky fingers" here at Alcovy! I think our BOE needs to pass a resolution banning cellphones all together and keeps them from being used during school or stolen!! In some school dristricts they offer lock box service for those who claim need to have a phone, at they end of the day they can pick up these phones! Its amazing how easy problems can be solved!

Satan69 1 year, 9 months ago

They do need ccounseling down there. This focus needs to be on the kids. Not my identity. Or who you think I am. The point is there are issues Down Their that need fixing ,

LOVINGLIFE 1 year, 9 months ago

Satan69 ....Its obvious that you dont like the principal and what she did...... WHO DOES???? Nobody that I have talked to likes that she filed a lawsuit basically against freedom of speech. Everyone understands that !!!! What you continually do is scan the comments of the entire paper looking to downgrade everything you see with the name ALCOVY in it. There are students that attend this school and make the best of it , and actually like the school. Stop with your negativity . You are not helping anything progress!!! You are a very ignorant person , and cant see the forest for the trees!!! JUST STOP LOL!!!

Covingtonian 1 year, 9 months ago

In the June 8 Newton Citizen in the comment section of an article entitled "Web commenter claims harassment after identity revealed" A poster under the name of Satan69 had this to say: "third clue: "i also go by MissLoy catch me if you can" You may recall that Shannon Black admitted during a deposition and in this paper that she was indeed "Kbeet and Missloy. If you read the May 27 citizen poll she again reveals herself as being "beautifulblueeyes", this can be found in the fourth paragraph of the comment section of the May 26 paper.

This may account for her revealing in the paper that she recieved five subpoenas, this is an excerpt from the article found In the comment section of the June 30th of the article "Lindsey sends former AHS employee cease and desist notice" Ms.Black says: "I was sitting in the entire 3 hour hearing. I had 5 supboenas in my hand where these people have harassed me with multiple subpoenas at work and at home and on and on. "

Covingtonian 1 year, 9 months ago

In the above mentioned article Ms.Black filed a report claiming she has been harassed via the phone and visits to her home since coming forward. There were skeptics, I was one who made comments expressing my doubts about her accusations. Ms Black having being deposed by a Covington attorney for her role in a defamation hearing Under one of her many screen names this one as Satan69 had this to say "This is exactly why NO IDs not ONE should be given out in any hearing or as the result of a hearing. People coming to this lady's house - this is criminal and you know who is behind it."

Remember she is talking about herself but we aren't suppose to know it. Satan69 defends MsBlack on other occassions such as in this instance: "I don't care if anyone believes that the harassment is true I do know ms black and e wouldn't lie about this." No corrections will be made to her quotes, they are cut and paste.

Again when another poster shows skepticism Satan69 takes exception: "Listen shawty I know ms. Black and she would never lie or go through the fight of getting a police report that isn't true." Commenting on the same article, Satan says to doubters : "say what you will i was sitting with MS Black when a blocked call came in more than one time "

Covingtonian 1 year, 9 months ago

Satan69 doesn't mind name calling without proof either, she had this to say about the President in the comment section of the same article: "I don't know why everyone is so upse with my name I mean you put a communist in the white house. Surely you aren't that sensitive."

Satan69 doesn't like lawyers either, notice her words: "Based on information and belief we believe Stephanie Lindsey to be a nutjob ambulance chasing weirdo in our opinion. "

In the June 13 article headlined " Alcovy principal No calls, threats to those in suit" Here's ole Satan69 again: "How convinent of course no one has done anything wrong. I guess the whole world has turned on LC and Dc that's too bad. What a shame that people can't take responsibility for what they do but hey the easier thing to do is blame the victims. I have never heard such a thing. Some have no shame. The thing I find hysterical is how the two victims are doing it together to gang up in her. God knows."

Covingtonian 1 year, 9 months ago

How about this statement again from Satan69: "this drama keeps on and on when oh WHEN will it stop regardless of who believes what we can see for our OWN EYES that the principal blames b lames blames i hope her butt is coutnersued with liens all over her property"

Maybe Ms. Black is just upset because she couldn't run the show, notice these comments in the comment section of the above article: "I'm not going to back down if that's what your looking for I will follow through with whatever I have to do if that means I get more visits so be it, if it means more calls bring it on. All this is being to personalized just go with it being in the public eye and see what needs to be done not sue everyone giving opinion to it. Has it ever occurred to anyone throughout this whole mess tht these opinions could be taken as things to help better the school and try to help you out Mrs Carpenter cause I think that was the intention of the people not to pinpoint place blame and call you incompetent. "

Covingtonian 1 year, 9 months ago

Why, you may ask yourself, would someone do such a thing? The answer may be hidden in another post by the alter ego Satan69 "So I am very upset at the fact that I'm being called a blogger now my feelings are really hurt. I'm the self proclaimed power blogger get it right. So go put your best foot forward on today"

How about this quote, In the June 19th comment section of the article "Judge orders Lindsey to notify web posters" Satan69 had this to say: "I'm so glad my name was pronounced correctly in court and that Mrs Lindsey said no offense to me. I just love media coverage."

Satan seems to feel that you can say whatever you want on the Newton Citizen blog and says as much: "@shawty yeah man you can say whatever you want to on here your right it is an open forum"

Ms Black seems delusional in her role as Satan69 when commenting on ShannonBlack's remark here, "I guess it is what it is because if i were still invisible do you honestly think I would come out after the things that have happened to me? Absolutley not, and well I wouldn't make it easy either. It is ok Im prepared for whatever happens.

Satan69 replies:"m still invisible can you see me? I can but i won't make it easy to find me. You know why? It is my right to have opinion just because some think it isn't that means nothing. So what will come of me? Ms Black I need legal counsel what do I do?"

JoanD 1 year, 9 months ago

Wow. I don't want to miss out on this i'm Shannon Black too. Im such a follower.

Covingtonian 1 year, 9 months ago

If you would like to read my research in full I'll gladly write it in a letter to the editor forum. I had to break it up in order to meet the word limit requirement. In my original I state that there are other names MsBlack uses as well. Michelle Floyd, Newton Citizen and many of you my friends were "had". This was written because some of you people have allowed yourselves to be led by a ......you fill in the blank. I hope Rockdale polygraph MsBlack and look into her report of a crime a little further. In conclusion "when the blind leads the blind, they both fall into a pit".

gsm7476 1 year, 9 months ago

WOW somebody is a sore losser. I will see at work this morning. may be I pick you up a donut to make you feel better. May be we can work on the Gary's 300 to get back in school.

Unstableone 1 year, 9 months ago

Get a life covingtonian you sound like a child trying to tattle on someone. Please give it a rest it isn't about Ms Black and your obsession with her. It is about the kids and AHS that seriously need help. So unless you have something to contribute to that then give it a rest please. No one is interested about what she has already came out and said. By the way for your FYI i did an open recods search with RCSO and they have evetrything on record and still investigating. Coporal Cannon is the investigator. I wish she would take a polygraph just to shut you up.

Thanks

CadyJackson 1 year, 9 months ago

I may not agree with Covingtonian on all of his opinions, but he is completely correct when it comes to our friend Sybil, err, Shannon. He had to be awful bored to go dig up all the proof, but it's always been there in black and white, and I figured out the sock-puppet parade log ago. Do yourself a favor--pick a personality/user name and stick with it.

Tatersalad 1 year, 9 months ago

You all just give it a rest!!! All that is over. Let it be. She isn't bothering u. OK you all don't like. Her great you have made your point now get over. It and move on

ShannonBlack 1 year, 9 months ago

OK to CadyJackson and CovingtonIan it very sad that you all have to keep going with this. I will tell you I don't know who Satan is to be perfectly honest I could careless. It really does not phase me one bit what or who you think I may or may not be. Fact of the matter is my name is Shannon Black the only 2 names I used were kbeet and Msloy. Where you two are comimg up with all this Sybil crap and puppet parades it very interesting and quite entertaining. But my friends you can blame me for every blogger name out there you cab dig up dirt and give me credit for doing anything. Expose me do what you will. Have fun doing it. I find very funny is you would think that for a living I sit at home and blog but reality check for you I'm actually a very busy person who is never hardly h oil e because of work.

But I will tell you what if it makes you all so all mighty and powerful to accused and call people names and point ffingers then go for it, it's a free country do what you like. But this right her is not and will not offer solution to the problems. You will all love this Obama now a Newton county resident once again. Happy hunting.

CadyJackson 1 year, 9 months ago

Shannon--exactly who is going on with what? Have you SEEN your Facebook page? You have devoted post after post to this, each frothy post more deranged than the last. I'm still trying to figure out why you have so much venom for Mrs. Carpenter. Did she cut you off in the grocery store?

You should really seek some professional help for your anger issues, before you really do get sued.

PS...I am and always have been a big supporter of Mr. Meadors. Contrary to your multiple posting of VENGEANCE! I do believe the right thing to do is to let all of this drop--including you.

Covingtonian 1 year, 9 months ago

ShannonBlack also known as Kbeet, Beautifulblueeyes, Satan69, MsLoy, Shannonofmanycolors, JudgeA, Yallneedprozac, Gsm7476, OnToday, and Unstableone. There are more, it just goes to show how fixated this lady is and has become. I feel from going through past posts that she also has at least one accomplice, Tomgahunter. Shannon can't you see that someone has thrown you under the bus. The citizen being the great paper that it is should be doing some investigating of you as well. I'm on vacation but will check in from time to time.

gsm7476 1 year, 9 months ago

I do not have a problem with the "lady" if it is the person you are talking about I have a Problem with the NCSS and its leadership. I have a problem with 300 student’s dropping out. I am for better schools. we are in the bottom 1/3rd of the state as a system and the state is 3rd from the bottom of the 50 states. If you and the leadership are fine with that than you are part of the problem. I do not think the current leadership can get the job done and if you are part of that leadership I sorry that’s my opinion. As for the others you lumped me with sometimes I agree with them sometimes and sometimes I do not agree with them. But even a Village idiot like me has a right to their opinion. It is also my opinion that Charter Schools are what is need for Newton County. Parents need choices not Leaving it to the NCSS that wants to take the Parents out of the Schools

gsm7476 1 year, 9 months ago

From 3 months ago can you tell BOE 4 the same thing about the Charter School Vote? “Covingtonian 3 months ago Thanks for your perspectives but @ UGAFan don't tell me how to vote or who to vote for. In the words of the late Elvis, thank you very much.”

OnToday 1 year, 9 months ago

Um...no. You are wrong. Again.

ShannonBlack 1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks gsm. I appreciate that.

Fetacheese 1 year, 9 months ago

Looks to me like someone else is getting called out. You know what they say Karma is an ugly thing.

I have been following all of this and i figured it was time to put my 2 cents in. I have not seen where Ms Black has attacked anyone of you all unless you are one of the carpenters under one of these names, I am sorry but I have to say I submitted my own records request and got everthing in regards to Ms Black and her reports and I just don't see where she is lying especially when the one individual has openly attacked her on open forum about all of these things.

I'm not judging any of you but maybe you should do some better digging in my opinion.