Letter: Our freedom of speech trumps all

This letter pertains to the Alcovy High School principal who is suing the John Doe posters. My letter is short. The only horse I have in this is the U.S. Constitution and the First Amendment. The First Amendment gives us freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion and freedom to assemble. If you take these freedoms away what would we become?

China and the former Soviet Union didn't have these freedoms; Iraq under the former dictator didn't have these freedoms. Would we be more like them?

Our forefathers also gave us separation of powers:The judicial, the legislative and the executive branches. The judicial arm has no authority to make or change the law. I hope our judges understand this as they take this case on. This should not matter whether you are a liberal or conservative, Democrat or Republican, black or white. These freedoms are important because they are freedoms for everyone.

-- Dennis Taylor

Covington

Comments

Crazyhooker99 2 years, 3 months ago

Very nicely put Dennis. And your right it doesn't matter who you are you are intitled to free speech. I love that.

ShannonBlack 2 years, 3 months ago

This is all really funny and amazing.  I have rec'd so many calls on this Carpenter woman who called me (one of her defendants teehee).  She is claiming these 3 people are Amp72.  HA.  I know who Amp72 is as they called and told me ( I WILL NEVER TELL - I PLEAD THE 5th) but this is really funny.  Go chase an ambulance lady.

amp72 2 years, 3 months ago

Well then someone is pretending to be me because I never called you! I might eventually call you or send you a message but no, I did not call you. I would be interested to hear who that person is though!

Calisweetheart 2 years, 3 months ago

Ah so a pattern emerges.  She seeks to find who says what rather than fix what they say which is verified online, in papers, in police records about the safety at her high school.  So Judget this is not who I thought it was so let's take her out of this but I think it is this person so can we add him and she says things that sound like a blog or walk like a blog or talk like a blog so can I add these 2 and take out 3 more and release this one and make a phone call to that one?  Can I sue this one too?  Can we add new names to the suit and can I add more comments since I made the public mad?  Can I just have all the power to do whatever I want and jerk around the schools and the court cause you know I'm trying really hard to cover my nepotism and my hubby's business with Dr. Sams while he supervised his and my budget as principals.  Please?

Kodaanddylansmom 2 years, 3 months ago

So which board member is not stable.  The chair?  That would be my vote - based on my opinion of course.

amp72 2 years, 3 months ago

Apparently I am the talk of Tiger Town lately. There are many theories as to my identity. Am I a parent? Am I a current employee? Am I a former employee? Am I a member of the NCSS Board of Education? Am I an employee in the central office? Am I Clark Kent? Am I Iron Man? You know what, who cares???? And some claim I am the one who is obsessed. If the energy spent on finding out our identities were spent on fixing problems in our schools then we would have multiple Blue Ribbon schools.

But it doesn't matter who I am. What matters is word gets out about what is going on in our schools and how the current situation is broken, but not beyond repair. What's important is that current and former employees are being treated poorly because they have the nerve to do what they are REQUIRED to do by state law, which is report problems in our schools. We need people with the courage to stand up for what is right, roll up their sleeves, and confront the REAL issues. Currently we have too few who are willing and able to do so. Don't kill the messenger (me). Instead, heed the message. Kudos to you Mr. Dennis Taylor. And ladies and gentlemen, do not stop contacting the central office, the superintendent, the newspapers, and anyone else who can bring attention to these matters.

ShannonBlack 2 years, 3 months ago

Amp I looked back at notes and it was Henrycounselor that I was thinking about earlier. That is not any of the people she thinks it is based on the sources in the school. Amp give me a call or anyone who has good tips give me a call and we chat and I personally make it gets into the newton citizen. Give me a call at 678 315-4971. You may have to leave a message cause I work very odd hours.

Sincerely Shannon Black

OnToday 2 years, 3 months ago

So the latest buzz from here in Tiger Town is that 92% of the sophomore class failed the Math End of Course Test. I really hope that is not true because if it is then obviously something is not working. Oh, and there was another fight today. "Suspected" gang members jumped another student. But of course, there are no gangs at Alcovy. Right?

Freshvoice2012 2 years, 3 months ago

It is true about the math and it is true about the fight. However evrybody knows that AHS is perfect and nothing is going on their. SUPPOSEDLY. So someone help me out what is happening then? Not what should be.