Monday, May 7, 2012
© Copyright 2015
COVINGTON - Newton County Sheriff's Office has announced that the 72-year-old man who was the subject of a statewide Mattie's Call over the weekend has been found and is safe.
According to NCSO spokesman 1st Lt. Mark Mitchell, the call came in around noon Monday that Jack McCarty had been located in Waycross with relatives. Mitchell said it was unknown how McCarty got there and investigators are looking into how he walked off from a personal caregiver and the identity of the individuals he was seen with via video around 1 a.m. Saturday at Kroger on Salem Road.
McCarty was reported missing around 6:30 Thursday and initial concerns were that he was without needed medication. Mitchell said McCarty is reportedly in good shape.
"We're just glad he was found and that he is OK," he said.