Alcovy principal: No calls, threats to those in suit

COVINGTON -- The Alcovy High School principal suing web commenters for defamation and libel says she hasn't called anyone named in the suit or threatened anyone.

Principal LaQuanda Carpenter defended herself Friday in an email sent to Newton County School System Superintendent Gary Mathews, each member of the Newton County Board of Education and NCSS Deputy Superintendent of Operations Dennis Carpenter, who also is her husband.

Mathews had forwarded to each on Friday a copy of a letter sent from Shannon Black, who claims she has made posts under the names of "KBeet" and "MsLoy" on the Newton Citizen website. "KBeet" and "MsLoy" are named in Carpenter's lawsuit.

Black, a Conyers resident who filed a report with the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office on Thursday, claims she has been harassed via several blocked phone calls and two visits to her home since coming forward as the web posters.

In a letter Friday, Black asked that Superior Court Judge Eugene Benton not allow any release of additional information about her to the plaintiff for fear of greater threats. Benton is scheduled to hear a motion to quash a subpoena seeking information from the Citizen about web commenters at 9:30 a.m. June 19.

Black claims that the threats mention the Alcovy lawsuit and that a caller identified herself as LaQuanda Carpenter in a call to her and another call has been traced to Alcovy High, while others have been traced to disposable cellular phones, according to her letter. In the RCSO report, she did not state those claims.

LaQuanda Carpenter told Mathews and the others in the email that she has not called Black or made any threats to anyone.

"It is very unfortunate that Ms. Black has received threatening phone calls. However, please note that I have not placed any phone call to any person including Ms. Black that has been named in the lawsuit," Carpenter wrote in the email. "Please be aware that if any calls have been placed from AHS that I am completely unaware. There have not been any reports made to me about phone calls of this nature coming from AHS."

In the email, Carpenter identified an Alcovy teacher who was in the (Alcovy High School) building on the dates that Black noted in her letter that she received the calls, June 6 and 7.

"Although I am in no way accusing him of making such phone calls, it is simply concerning that a person that has stated blatant untruths about my behavior on a school trip was in the building on the dates that Ms. Black references in her letter," Carpenter wrote in the email. "I am in no way accusing (him) of making such calls, I am simply pointing out that the coincidence is concerning to me."

RCSO Investigator Michael Camp said his department will continue to investigate the case, but it doesn't have any phone records to indicate any traced calls and no information has been provided to indicate such claims. He said Monday that Black has been instructed to call 911 immediately if she receives any more visits, so the department can possibly gather more evidence.

In her letter, Black also threatens to file suit against the school board "for allowing a situation to get out of control that has resulted in criminal threats to my person by phone and on my property." She also states that she has contacted the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the American Civil Liberties Union.

Comments

AWOL 1 year, 10 months ago

This story gets worse and worse. More and more outlandish. The school board should take action immediately on this because I do not see it getting any better any time soon. How many other principals are having problems like this? I think the root cause of this whole situation is easy to spot and it isn't the people commenting in the polls or Meador or the newspaper. Come on school board! This situation could have been prevented by you but it wasnt. When nice people read about this story, it will not influence them to move here or stay here. This whole situation is bad for our county yet you sit there doing nothing.

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

They actually tried to prevent it, but were stopped. Or at least some of them did. It takes a majority of BOE members to get things done and the majority that is in charge is the reason we have these problems. It would be nice if the attorneys would stop stalling on multiple Open Records requests so we could all see just who was trying to control the BOE and why. But I think you already know who and why....

Sundance 1 year, 10 months ago

Is an email stating innocence believable? If so, we need to all start emailing denials of things we have done wrong. But my real question is, what good things are being done by the principal at Alcovy last week and this week? How is she getting ready for great improvements next year? what is she doing right now that will insure that this situation never comes up again? I would guess but I don't want to get sued. If I had a son, he would look like Shannon Black.

OnToday 1 year, 10 months ago

I wonder if she would make these same claims under oath and on the stand? That may happen sooner rather than later. And how dare you, Laquanda, try to pin this on another teacher who may or may not have been in the building at the same time as the calls. She is "not accusing" anyone, and yet at the same time it is clear that she is. Paranoid much? A true leader would never throw someone else under the bus. This is similar to her accusations against Mr. Meadors. Absolutely ZERO proof, but let's just throw it out there and hope it sticks. Ridiculous.

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

Open Records should also cover the release numbers called from the school. It IS a public school after all. So pull the phone records, find out what outgoing calls went out on those dates and to what number(s) and from what extension in the school. Then you will be able to tell if certain people were called from the school and from what number.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

How convinent of course no one has done anything wrong. I guess the whole world has turned on LC and Dc that's too bad. What a shame that people can't take responsibility for what they do but hey the easier thing to do is blame the victims. I have never heard such a thing. Some have no shame. The thing I find hysterical is how the two victims are doing it together to gang up in her. God knows.

ShannonBlack 1 year, 10 months ago

All I will say is I'm sorry I was threatened too.

carefulshawty 1 year, 10 months ago

What are you saying sundance that would be a disgrace to any son of mine to associate him with her. what exactly are you saying?

gotoutofnewtoncounty 1 year, 10 months ago

I have heard quite enough of this. People are making threats from the high school but you are "unaware of it"? Seems that you are blissfully "unaware" of a LOT that goes on in the school that YOU'RE supposed to be RUNNING! As for the band trip in question, I heard about your behavior on that trip RIGHT AFTER THE STUDENTS RETURNED FROM IT TWO YEARS AGO!! BEFORE any of this nonsense started!! The sooner this is over, the better. Oh god PLEASE let this judge have some measure of sense and put this whole mess in its place!

Kodaanddylansmom 1 year, 10 months ago

LaQuanda Brown Carpenter sounds like one of those paranoid freaks in my opinion that it is all about me you are out to get me so i will sue you and i will follow you and i will sue you some more where does it end Newton County does not need her.

HonestAbe 1 year, 10 months ago

Mrs Carpenter files a lawsuit for slander against posters. Then she makes statements that seems to point fingers and accusations against another teacher who happens to be at the school on the day Mrs Black says she receives threats. Mrs Carpenter, are you not doing the same as you are accusing others of in your suit? Why do you continue to make this county and school system look bad? Why doesn't the Judge call this case to the front of the calender so it can be dismissed and stop this ridicule of Newton County ?

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

Not to mention the finger she is pointing at Mr. Meadors, with ZERO proof. This is a leader?

cpatterson_22 1 year, 10 months ago

I'm sure that Ms. Black knows the difference between a man or woman's voice

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

this drama keeps on and on   when oh WHEN will it stop   regardless of who believes what we can see for our OWN EYES that the principal blames b lames  blames   i hope her butt is coutnersued with liens all over her property

Wildwomanoftigertown 1 year, 10 months ago

This makes me think that calls did take place.  Why?  Why would anyone poitn  the finger at someone in the buildling?  Was the custodian in the bldg?  Was the SRO in the  bldg?  Was LaQuanda in the b ldg?  If she was not in the bldg then how does she know if he was?  If  she was in the bldg did she make a call?  Either way the main thing i have here is SHE POINTS  BLAME j ust like she does with her lawsuit.    Who wants to work for anyone like this?

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

This is a prime example of poor leadership and a classic example of someone who has no idea how to handle the position of principal of a large high school. It's also insight in to how and why teachers often are made to take the fall for screw-ups. You have someone who fails to take responsibility, deflect blame, drop hints and insinuations, and makes others take the heat. There are dozens of former teachers from AHS who can tell you the same. When you're captain of a ship, you either go down with the ship or you fix the problems that lead to its sinking. You don't jump ship and blame the problems on the crew.

Littlemissmuffett 1 year, 10 months ago

Newton taxpayers should sue this woman for Alcovy High having the pits of a grad rate at 61% and math EOCT scores that will show tanking we hear from teachers when those come out.  We want our money back so let's get down to Linda and file some  briefs.   Lady you need to go check your briefs.

Billy 1 year, 10 months ago

This principal is heading for a fall. You reap what you sow. I wouldn't trade places with her for a million dollars...

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

Based on information and belief we believe Stephanie Lindsey to be a nutjob ambulance chasing weirdo in our opinion.  We believe any appearance of missing money should be reported to the PSC and turned over to the NCSO and we will put our best foot forward as we blame a teacher for making harassing phone calls on today or maybe that was on yesterday.  It is the crack of dawn after the wee so I am signing off.

Calisweetheart 1 year, 10 months ago

this principal has a grammar problem on today - it is concerning to me that two high schools have had money complaints where money is not fully accoutned for.  AHS who is the wife of Dennis Carpenter.  NHS when led by Rocky Sams who was the Burke County childhood friend of Dennis Carpenter.  Sams is now gone and you can go see his certificate online as it is public knowledge and suspended.  Money complaints.  AHS.   NHS.   Are you connecting the dots?

Grandcanyon 1 year, 10 months ago

If I were the judge of this I would respond to it like a dog would.  You cannot eat it.  You cannot play with it.  So pee on it and walk away.

Frustrated 1 year, 10 months ago

Oh wait..the person she blames for making the calls also made "blatant untruths" about Carpenter's behavior on a trip. Am I the only one here that sees the irony in that? He made bad statments about me so he must be the person making the threatening calls to Black? Im sure Carpernter and this person were the only two people in the building those days. Sounds like a BIG conspiracy to me. Carpenter must be related to Zo.

mrbill 1 year, 10 months ago

This is insane. Do Newton County Schools have the leadership that is required to put a stop to this nonsense? Your lack of decisive leadership has allowed this wound to fester for far too long. The infection is spreading and before long no one at your central office will be respected by the citizens of your community. Good teachers will leave to find employment in counties that respect and support them. Decent families will leave to find a school system they can trust. Companies will look elsewhere for employees and location.

What does it take to make you all wake up? How in the world did the Citizen get a copy of an email that was sent to members of the BOE and superintendent? The article makes no mention of a copy being sent to the citizen. Why hasn't the superintendent told LC not to speak to the media? Why hasn't her attorney counseled her to remain silent until this is settled? Is it incompetence on their parts, or is she a loose cannon that will continue to dig herself deeper and deeper into a hole with reckless disregard to the citizens of Newton County?

HonestAbe 1 year, 10 months ago

I hope i'm wrong, but i think it is already to late to save any reputation that this school system ever had. This is loke a major league baseball team that has lost confidence in it's management. The only way to fix it is to clear out from the top. Just removing Carpenters at this point will not fix the problem. It may put a bandage on it short term but the deeper problems will still be there. I just can't believe Lindsey would keep letting her put her foot in her mouth. God, please tell me she's not going to be a judge.

nc_citizen64 1 year, 10 months ago

Teachers have already left and continue to do so. Some have no other employment to go to. This is an indication of teachers' frustration level with NCSS. The lawsuit is just the culmination of many issues involving the Carpenters (in my opinion).

mgh1966 1 year, 10 months ago

The citizen most likely got the email threw open records. I know if I was a reporter I would be making a request daily for all emails and hard drives and other documents.

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

I get the feeling this was a leak. You are right that emails are subject to open records but this came out awfully quick for it to be the subject of an open records request. The email was sent by Carpenter on Friday and the story comes out a couple of days later. It usually takes longer to get access to stuff like this. The funny thing is, if her "camp" leaked it then it certainly backfired on her!

Frustrated 1 year, 10 months ago

I would bet either Carpenter or Lindsey sent it to the Citizen

mgh1966 1 year, 10 months ago

We need a change in leadership. Mr. Perry and Mr. Corley are both good men.

mgh1966 1 year, 10 months ago

Is the School System better off today than 4 years ago? The answer is NO. Its time for them to go.

ShannonBlack 1 year, 10 months ago

@cpatterson_22 thank you I do know the difference between a man and a woman's voice the caller claimed to be LC was it I don't know wasn't on the other end of the line. Funny that the call came from AHS. I'm not saying anything other then that. Coincidence maybe? I just don't know what has gotten into people I never saw this law suit as that big of a deal some do I just thought ok let me tell everyone who I am be done with it and that's it. Instead I have gotten the third degree, threatened by god knows who or even why. I said to mrs carpenter 2 months ago that this was not or ever a direct personal attack on her just opinion!!! What part do people not understand that we are allowed opinion. Not everyone is ever going to like everything you say and do that is just the world, but when your in the public eye you expect protest, you expect resistance but you always stand up for what you believe in no matter what. If you believe that strongly about it. I'm not going to back down if that's what your looking for I will follow through with whatever I have to do if that means I get more visits so be it, if it means more calls bring it on. All this is being to personalized just go with it being in the public eye and see what needs to be done not sue everyone giving opinion to it. Has it ever occurred to anyone throughout this whole mess tht these opinions could be taken as things to help better the school and try to help you out Mrs Carpenter cause I think that was the intention of the people not to pinpoint place blame and call you incompetent. Maybe all this should be analyzed a little further and looked over again. Cause what I see is nothing more then the help you need to make Alcovy better not a fight to make everyone hate you. This law suit should have never turned out like this besides there should have never been a law suit to begin with. However your entitled just as we are to free speech to sue people so do what you will and we will see what happens the 19th of June.

Romulus 1 year, 10 months ago

Ugh! What Dr. L. "Queen" Carpenter has done to the English language should be a crime! How does someone with such poor skills in written expression get into a position of such power and authority? Instead of filing lawsuits and releasing accusatory emails she should be auditing some composition classes at her own high school.

The only thing worse than the atrocities committed upon our mother tongue by her majesty is the utter and complete ineptitude with which this has been handled...or not handled...by the board of education and our superintendent. If anyone else in the NCSS makes this sort of drama, they are suspended and reprimanded. But Her Majesty is a special case because her husband OWNS the NCSS board and the superintendent. And unfortunately, he can not be voted out of office. So they both remain a millstone upon the backs of the taxpayers of this county, making a mockery of us all.

mgh1966 1 year, 10 months ago

When need charter schools so parents will have a choice where to send there children for Education. So we are not stuck with a School systems that goes against parents values. It is time to get behind the new Charter School Bill and put NCSS in to Bankruptcy were it belongs.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

You are correct above.  She is point fingers all over the place yet she cant stand the heat if someone points the fingers at her.  what a shameful person and nasty leader IMO.  this is what happens when someone is put in a position with no experience in the high school level.

Frustrated 1 year, 10 months ago

Ms Carpenter, if you want to see how to be a positive role model just read the Citizen article about Mrs Rookard. Maybe, just MAYBE, you can learn something.

AWOL 1 year, 10 months ago

I bet if someone accused( or suggested) that Mrs Carpenter was making a threatening phone call without any evidence, she would sue them. If Shannon Black said " I saw her in the building, so it was a real coincidence" Carpenter would go straight to the lawyer and sue for defamation and libel. So why cant that man sue her?

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

I am sitting in the BOE meeting tonight looking around the room because I just got a blocked call and I'm wondering where it came from. Was it from here or from outside

Iknowddatsright 1 year, 10 months ago

Not to belabor this point, but it never ceases to amaze me how “defensive” some of us can be when information is merely presented/shared.

Funbags78 1 year, 10 months ago

It is clear that I have no support and/or leverage in asking to cease/desist communication with me on this issue.  I think this is clearly a by-product of a previous issue that I was willing to discuss with the two of you and this discussion did not occur.  I am terribly bothered about today’s communication.  This is due to the fact that I have never experienced any such communication from others in the organizations…ELT members included.  Maybe this is to the point that I need to make this entire concern known to the ELT.  Organizationally I am not sure how else to handle this situation.

JoanD 1 year, 10 months ago

I have done all I can to end this conversation professionally.  Please ask that emails to me on this topic cease/desist immediately…dlc

Covingtonian 1 year, 10 months ago

Why wouldn't Ms. Carpenter not defend herself against people claiming that she has been phoning them? Many people believe what they read in the paper or hear on the news without questioning it. Obviously I don't. What I see is a small number of individuals, twenty to twenty five, are keeping this fire burning with allegations of all types. Harrassment at home, by the phone and as of this writing one even claimimg to be getting blocked calls while sitting at the BOE meeting. Many of these individuals are upset because they feel that their freedom of speech is being assaulted. Go to a crowded theatre and shout "fire" and see if you have absolute freedom of speech. There have been promises made that more info would follow, threats that other news organizations have been contacted and I am yet to see anything except the same fodder from mostly the same people. Anyone who cares to read the local papers and these comments will likely think that we have the worst school board, superintendent and Principal in the state and that a candidate for a superior court judgeship is against freedom of spech. I submit that we have some very vindictive and down right evil adults here instead. We have individuals that I do believe will lie to further their point, some will go so far as to become the name sake of the devil. I know that comments do not have to accompany all stories and feel that the community will be better served if any future stories concerning the Alcovy issue didn't allow for comments. You basically have the same twenty to twenty five people spewing their vile views. There is a letter to the editor forum that requires individuals to sign their names, which by the way doesn't ask if you have used a pseudonym and what it is. I have to also question if there is a moderator who screens this blog because I usually see my post as soon as I hit the 'post comment" button. Oh yes I likely will write a letter to the editor soon. Their are decent people still in this community who are tired of this childish behavior. And just one question, why is Shannon Black a resident of Rockdale county interested in what's happening in a Newton county school?

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

I know more than one person who has written letters to the editor. One of them has had a letter sitting in the newspaper attorney's office because it makes some serious (and true) allegations. Another letter has resulted in investigations and Open Records Requests. The papers and other news outlets WOULD be running stories by now if the BOE attorney wasn't sitting on Open Records Requests, stalling to keep certain information out of public view. And you say 25 people is a small number? I think that's pretty significant. I don't see any other principal causing 25 or more people to raise serious allegations. We don't have the worst school board or superintendent in the state. We have one or two "problem children" and nothing can be done because of the majority on the BOE. And again, for you and anyone else who cannot seem to comprehend this very simple point, no one is willing to attach their names to anything because they will 1. get sued, 2. get suspended from their job, or 3. be visited by thugs in the middle of the night. Why is that so hard to understand. If only you know what I know about this situation......your opinion would change. Trust me.

mgh1966 1 year, 10 months ago

So we are up to 25 just last month a high level school system officail said it was 4 or 5 people.

Watermelonlover 1 year, 10 months ago

as an employee in the system i can tell you that many of us call miss black and give her information. now that she left with her kid they can't touch her.  but she can help to  be our voice.

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

I've tried to be your voice but the papers won't run my letter. But I'll keep trying.

ShannonBlack 1 year, 10 months ago

@covingtonian once again I am here to clarify something's for you. My child was in the NCSS up until April of this year and had been since she was in kindergarten I choose to move to rockdale county because my child was being bullied so badly at her school that it started to affect her performance. I told my BOE member about the situation and do you know what I was told tht I was being dramatic. Terroistic threats are a big deal and when it is not happening to your own you wouldn't understand but when your child won't go to school and is afraid there is something definatly wrong I finally had to get the Ncso involved they were a big help. The school if they had it there way my child would of have had to of died first before they were ever going to help her. Sir or ma'am j haven't said to anyone that there is decent people living in newton county there are many however the school system sucks and they have some crappy principals at the hands of our students I'm not just talking about AHS . I'm talking about WNE and VMMS. You know since you want to make the statement that there ae still decent people who live in newton county well how about this statement there are still decent parents that want what's best for there children. I have don't have to point fingers at people I don't want this attention but I do want is for future students of AHS or whatever other school they attend not to have to deal with this. I will defend free speech I think that it is a shame people can't voice opinion. The one thing I find really interesting is people want to hide from what's going on and want to defend everything and everybody but the victims. I don't have a problem with that your entitled I stand by everything I have said I will continue to stand by what I said as that's that. Now if you have anything else you would like to add feel free. After all it is an open forum and well you seem to have a lot to add.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

Hey Covingtonian if you are so wonderful and self righteous and know it all then post under your REAL NAME jerk.

Ms black has posted under hers and your calling her out?

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

WHY is this woman talking?   They file a suit.  They talk to the cov news and make it messy.  They go to the school board offices and call a board member who has long wanted HR removed from old  husband they call him unstable ha?  Look who is talking.   They blame his secretary.  They blame him.  They blame this teacher and the calls.  They blame blame blame.   FRIVOLOUS lawsuit and this is why we need TORT REFORM.   SUE CARPENTER BACK FOR ALL SHE IS WORTH>

Grandcanyon 1 year, 10 months ago

covingonian you are out of touch but bless your heart.  you obviously have not walked in alcovy high.  this principal we know reads our emails so it has become a free for all.  no one cares now that she is all over the news cause we will act just like her sue her everytime she does anything next year.   don't you think it is odd that mr. matthews first letter was going around the sceince rooms at alcovy high school in may?  Who do you think leaked that to alcovy high ?  anyone who reads emails and points fingers at teachers for possible harassment calls is the same type to take leaks from her husband share them as she does A LOT with one particular asst principal and it gets all over   so if you want your leak?  look in your central office who is married to a certain principal.  it gets trom the board room to d carpenter by we know who.  it gets to alcovy by we know who.  once it goes to the freshman wing it is like CNN all over the building from that lazy one.   yes we know mr matthew planned to take HR away from d carpenter it is in the letter and isn't technology a beautiful thing.

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

And the newspapers know this too. And they have tried to get that letter through Open Records Requests. But guess who is sitting on it (ie stalling?) You guessed it.

Freshvoice2012 1 year, 10 months ago

you are right AMP dennis carpenter has so many leaks they kicked his butt out of closed session  everything they said in closed was repeated back at alcovy high school - now how do you think that happened?

Beautifulblueeyes 1 year, 10 months ago

Yeah my favorite PEEP who calls me all the time with inside jobs told me old Blowfish looked puffed up and angry last night he must be really regretting getting old AT to help him start this whole mess.   If yo closet aint clean you better not be judging others.  If you live in a glass house dont throw stones.   OH MY THE VERY IDEA.

ShannonBlack 1 year, 10 months ago

Well peeps I did hear back from SACS.  They are "monitoring the situation in Newton."

Shannonofmanycolors 1 year, 10 months ago

Hi, if you want a judge who clogs your courts with crap who refuses to take a stand on first amendment rights who will support corruption and run our schools image into the ground and who wrote the book on being Queen of Implosion and WTF? My Campaign Failed then vote for her.

Truckermother 1 year, 10 months ago

what will Stephanie Lindsey, Almond Turner, Eddie Johnson, Barack Obama and Joe Biden have in common on November 7th?

Truckermother 1 year, 10 months ago

this is NOT an elecion ad this is a PLEA to clean up this mess   put Franklin Perry and Ricky Corly on the board and you will have order peace and calm and they are NOT afraid to fight for the right thing and you will find the famous DLC put correctly in his place   it takes THREE votes to get anything done no ONE board member can do it alone not even TWO

Wildwomanoftigertown 1 year, 10 months ago

Nepotism policies are enacted in almost every organization that does not want to end up like this.  It is never a good idea to have married people in high level positions when one oversees the budget HR maintenance of the other.   It is RIPE for corruption so it is no wonder FBLA and CTI and Band and Guitar and on and on and on even my club never get monthly requisitions since she came never know how much money is there.   Do you not think it is strange that after a while she stopped denying requests?  If you deny requests for payment then you have to explain and account for why you denied it.  so if you approve all check requests no one ever questions you and i guess you move money around or maybe who knows what.   we know that club sponosrs have been told that if you raise more money to replace it i won't get you in trouble but i will send emails pointing fingers at you

mgh1966 1 year, 10 months ago

I know what happen the phone fell off the desk and Accidently dail the #. no it was Col. Mustard in the dinning room. No George Bush must have did it. No The school tiger did it. No it was 2 men in black helicoppter. No It was the NSA or may be itwas the CIA. No may be it was congress no we know they never do anything.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

I will never advertise in, purchase or send tips to the TIP LINE again to the Covington News.  Today's editorial at their paper is a slap in the face of freedom of speech freedom of press and whistleblower acts.  There are serious serious problems at Alcovy High School and the Cov News is NOT to be trusted.  Two weeks ago they had a reverse opionion.  What are they smoking?

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

That editorial is a joke. They bash "anonymous comments," and yet many of their stories are based on information from unnamed sources. They defend free speech one week and then the next they rip on people who express an opinion. Who are the true cowards here? The people in power who manipulate the system and sit on Open Records Requests, or the parents, teachers, and others who are commenting anonymously because no one ever listens to them? What about the ambulance chasing attorney who throws out allegations against a BOE member, or the principal who hints at a conspiracy against her in the building. "This person was in the building when the calls went out. I'm not saying it's him.... but I'm saying it's him." Ridiculous.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

All we know is Turner better hope there ain't no sacs investigation.

HonestAbe 1 year, 10 months ago

There is one thing that all the posters need to remember. The Carpenters and Lindsey can't win this case if evertone holds their ground. Even if by some chance they were to win the hearing there is no way they can win a jury trial.There was a poll in the other paper asking if the readers thought the Carpenter case had any merit. By a 8 or 9 to 1 vote the answer was NO. This is part of your jury pool. There is no way a jury will rule for them. That is why no one else needs to give out their real names. Every time a name is given out they win. I will go ahead and say that the Carpenters have probably been posters on this site before. Why else would they be concerned as to what is posted. I would want to know what names they posted under. I'm sure one of the questions at trial for them is if THEY have posted here. What bugs me is some of these anti free speech posters posting here attacking the posters and free speech

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

Why are Open Records Requests being denied by NCSS? What are they hiding? From the Attorney General's office website:

"An agency must produce records responsive to a request within three business days absent exceptional circumstances. If the records cannot be produced within three business days, the agency must inform the requestor, in writing, when the records will be produced, the cost to produce the records (if any), and, if applicable, the specific legal authority exempting the records from disclosure, by Code section, subsection, and paragraph. The agency can only add to or amend this legal authority cited as the basis for exemption only once if such amendment is within five days of discovery of an error."

It can't be good when the newspapers have to report violations to the Attorney General's office because requests for access to PUBLIC records are being denied. It seems some people know the truth but don't want everyone to know it.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

I m very disappointed people in what I read people in comments in the rockdale citizen and even here. You know it is a shame when everyone is so willing to protect other people that are or not being directly affected by what is going on and so willing to throw others under the bus I have never in my life. You know Ms Black has proof of what has been done to her and even though she moved out of the county because her child was being bullied which I know because our children attended school together gives no reason or right for us to be turning our backs on the victim or victims and calling them names even if some don't have the proof I have no reason to believe in my heart beyond a shadow of a doubt that all of this is true. She told me yesterday how upset she was because of certain events and I just was appalled about what I heard and read. Let's give some courtesy to victims shall we. I think they could use our support.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

It is time to end the NEPOTISM.

Watermelonlover 1 year, 10 months ago

We hear nothing from the board could Citizen poll each bd member since they represent us I want to know they thoughts on nepotism to.

Grandcanyon 1 year, 10 months ago

I have heard enough of thiss nepotism with carpenter 1 and 2. Call your boe member and DEMAND that one of them leaves it has gone on too long and is tearing up the system no one will discipline her with his tantrums around

Wildwomanoftigertown 1 year, 10 months ago

ALcovy High lost many awesome employees this year.  Two APs left.  Top counselor left.  One of the best Latin teachers in the state left.  Last year an AP left after one year.  One AP is leaving this year after one year.  The secretaries for the AP in the freshman wing stay a few months and leave.  Her counselor just left.  SO covingtonian and covington news - who probably are all wrapped up together in some other amendment - take that and smoke it.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

OK so Fox News had a lady on who talked about how bad public schools are nationwide.  Like the comments here prior to the suit she did not mention LaQuanda but my guess is she will be added to the lawsuit

Iknowddatsright 1 year, 10 months ago

Neal Boortz is talking about the bad quality of government schools on today.  I bet he gets sued today.  If I don't like what you say I will SUE you.  Doesn't matter if there is merit to you I will still SUE you.  We need to change her name to Sue.

Unstableone 1 year, 10 months ago

my covington news subscription expires soon and it will never be renewed - i will only renew the Newton Citizen on today but it could be on tomorrow but definitely not on yesterday.

mrbill 1 year, 10 months ago

First of all, I want to preface what I am about to say by telling you that I believe in the Constitutional right to free speech. I believe that it should be protected and respected. Please consider carefully what I am about to say. First, those of you who are involved in this suit would be wise to retain the services of an attorney. Next, you should work together to pool your resources and gather your evidence. Finally, you need to do all of this quietly. Every time you write a comment in the paper, you are giving the plaintiff's attorney information that she will likely work diligently to use against you, find an explanation for, or cover up. In addition, you are hurting your credibility when you make (understandably) emotional responses to their offensive tactics.

I hope that you will find what you are looking for. Our children need teachers and parents who are willing to risk what you are risking to ensure they have a safe and effective learning environment.

John 1 year, 10 months ago

Me thinks you are spot on Mr. Bill. As the old adage goes "loose lips (or keyboards) sink ships".

WayBack 1 year, 10 months ago

So glad to read such sound advice on this page. This situation seems so overwhelming-- this advice makes it seem like there can be a solution.

HonestAbe 1 year, 10 months ago

This is the type school board you would expect to see on Green Acres (Hooterville). Please let's recall and end the shame on the voters of Newton County.

bartsimpson 1 year, 10 months ago

Green Acres had far more class than this bunch!

ontomorrow 1 year, 10 months ago

I find it most fitting and ironic that the Covington News would quote Shakespeare the Bard who apart from the history plays of his 32 plays used almost all fictitious names to illustrate real life inner workings.  He would probably rise up on April 23 his birthday and smack you around.  Eh Falstaff?  Who did Falstaff portray?    Other things we lost in the Covington News - faith, first amendment rights, the right to opinion and four editors in 2 years.  Meanwhile the Citizen has the same one.   I find it most interesting that an editorial that contradicts the previous one was not signed.  In short, it was anonymous and since we really don't know who wrote it I will accuse them, because they were probably in the building at the time, of anonymous editorializing.   Bless their hearts.  They are all wrapped up in denial.

ontomorrow 1 year, 10 months ago

These are the new 2012 graduation rates for Newton County.  I report.  You decide.  And btw you cannot depend anymore on open records.  Some fishy stuff goes on before they go out.  The sunshine laws died in Newton County.   The state reported that Alcovy High School's graduation rate is 64.71, Eastside's is 70.60, Newton's is 66.33.  The only one above the state avg is Eastside.

carefulshawty 1 year, 10 months ago

You got one coming my friend. So let's see what's going to happen word around the Von fire is the fireworks are going to be spectacular. This one is for you Ms Black!!!! Enjoy

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

See. That's exactly what this is all about. Not fixing the broken system, not helping the students, not doing your jobs..... vindication. That's all this is about. Sad.

Unstableone 1 year, 10 months ago

It's a shame that all if this is even taking place there needs to be a solution things are way to far out of hand.

dennistay53 1 year, 10 months ago

You are finding out what i have known about the Covington News for over 20 years. They have just run a poll wheras by over 9 to 1 the voters agree that this lawsuit has no merit. So this editorial goes directly against what their readers are stating. Now they are calling the posters cowards for what they say is hiding behind their screen names. I have not HID behind a screen name as i recently wrote a Letter to the editor of this paper with my full legal name. To me the COWARDS are the ones who would attempt to stop or hinder freedom of speech by filing a lawsuit with no merit. To me the COWARDS are the one's who would sue their own (school board member Meadors) The ones who are keeping this going at the expense of the students, citizens, teachers, taxpayers and future businesss and development are the ones who brought this suit on. These posters not only have the right not to give out their real names but it is in their best legal interest not to. As i stated in my letter, my only goal here is to help protect the first amendment. I knew something like this editorial would be forthcoming as the hearing got closer. This is a last ditch effort by the plaintiffs to SMOKE out the names of the posters. To me the CO)WARDS are the paper that would post a onesided opinion days before a hearing that would contradict what THEIR posters in THEIR polls were saying. To me the POSTERS have just as much merit to sue the Covington News for calling them cowards as the plaintiffs have in their fivorous lawsuit.

I am Dennis Taylor

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

Tequila Sunrise told me truth is an absolute defense to libel claims because one of the elements that must be proven in a defamation suit is falsity of the statement. If a statement is true, it cannot be false, and therefore there is no prima facie case of defamation. There are numerous jurisdictions (including Florida) that have adopted the substantial-truth doctrine, which offers protection to a defendant of a defamation claim as long as the “gist” of the story is true. He said.  She said.  Gist.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

this lawuit makes no sense.  There is no comment - and I have read them - about sexual orientation, private medical history or other personal information on her life.  It is all related to public school performance, public school problems (MANY) and the public perception of a conflict of interest which is highly substantiated with husband's Lead Learner LLC stuff all over the SOS website.  Add to that any public records obtained through open rec on the biz partner he had at the time and boy this is backfiring bad and dirty stuff is coming out all over - who in heck thought this was a good idea?  if it is of general interest to the public - and baby it is cause we pay for your salary and school - then you should be sued back.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

Peeps look what is trending . . . I hope this provides some clarity and please do not feel the need to respond to me about any of the points above; as my mind is still reeling from trying to understand how the conversation ever took this turn.   But, I will end with this “food for thought”… I am not quite sure how some of us, as district leaders, can go out and talk with our colleagues at the building level about  how they should not “operate in a vacuum” or employ what Schmoker and others call “the buffer” when in fact we behave the same way with and towards each other as district leaders who profess to be all about continuous improvement.   Again, just food for thought…

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

The only reason Lindsey added names is to try to get around the Shield.  The one lady has been threatened and that is unlikely to happen if there is a police report.  She has a child leave her alone.  The paper is not party to the suit - not suer or sued - so the Shield applies.  Plain and simple she should get nothing from them or appeals all over will begin and this will drag on and on.  ACLU is already watching this and we don't need this mess going into a fourth month with school starting.  What is the plaintiff doing?  Spending time on vendettas that really belong in her husband's lap.  You don't have to look to hard at all of this to find him.  "Plaintiff's spouse" is mentioned a hundred times in the amended filing and we know the one defendant has pissed him off by trying to make things better.  Makes me never want to run for public office.  Think Scott Walker.  Think anyone who has the nerve to stand up and say this is wrong.  You get sued.  Lord be.

Freshvoice2012 1 year, 10 months ago

The Shield Law absolutely applies to the Newton Citizen.  This lawyer is a radical and obstructs law and should never be judge.  You can sue me for that.  The Citizen has not been sued and is not suing and is not party to this mess so they are FULLY protected.  Quash this and let's move on to making more Baxters want to come here.

MissLoy 1 year, 10 months ago

This right here is why NO ONE good will run for office.  Anyone who tries to clean house of corruptiong and people who blame teachers - seriously - he was in the building?  Do you know if Dan or Mary or Tyrone or Jose were there too?  Can you see everyone in the building at one time?  Hell not yet you point fingers at a teacher that told the truth on you from a year ago?  Shame on you and your renegade attorney for the shame.  The teacher has a suit against YOU and the BOE for this one lady.   I hope the teacher and the bd member and the Miss Black lady and anyone else who has cause sues you into kindgom come.  Who else is on your blame list?  At the least YOU should be transferred to another school because you have now created a climate of fear for the teacher.   The whole world knows you pointed the calls to him with NO PROOF.  My stars.

CBSfinder 1 year, 10 months ago

I think the email from LaQuanda Brown Carpenter tells us all we need to know.  This is high school drama dragged into court.  Blame the teacher.  Blame the employee aka Satan of one defendant.  Blame the victims of her.  Husband blamed two central office people at a ballgame last year we all heard it.  He blamed a parent till he was told never to bother her again.  Blame blame blame.   The email told us all we need to know.

Unstableone 1 year, 10 months ago

well this email from the "plaintiff" haha is of interest i am sure.  depending on where we go here all of her electronic communications, home, school, cell, all records should be subpoened as well as those to and from the clements middle and one of her APs at AHS to be named later from home cell and work accounts.  i'm just sayin.   can you imagine what next year is like for the teacher she is blaming here.  Oh I am not saying he did it but here is his name.  Get rid of her so he can do what he wants as he has done no wrong but tell the truth about you and it is long overdue.  And since you and hubby like to blame people for "leaks" why do we all know what the supt told you in your principal evaluation?  How is it that we all know that and a lot more?

Unstableone 1 year, 10 months ago

You know shawty you always have a lot to say I really hope that your choosing words wisely. Some of what you say could be interpreted as a threat my friend be careful.

mgh1966 1 year, 10 months ago

I wonder how much the latest trip on the tax payer’s dime will cost us. Savannah is nice this time of year. Don't worry I am sure if we cut a couple of more days from teachers and the Class room squeeze 2 or 3 more kids per class the test score will go up and the teacher well there’s always Food stamps. They are ok so live it up in Savannah.

Good PR BOE

Tatersalad 1 year, 10 months ago

MGH you may be on to something.  The board chair position rotates annually.  Word is that plaintiffs spouse who is all over the lawsuit language is petrified of him becoming Chair next year and would do anything to prevent it.  They already overrode the Super in to no contract extension so he is outta here when hes done and can you blame the man?  The plot for a long time by a handful in office is to get husbands plaintiff as the NCSS Supt.  Do you see this at work?  No extended contract for the Supt and get the vice chair out of the loop for Chair and what are you left with?  voters can fix this jule 31 and nov 6.  It is well known that when they searched for Mr Matthews a former boe member told husband you are NOT being considered.

Covingtonian 1 year, 10 months ago

Mr. Bill you have exhibit "A" in the case of "I am so consumed by this that I have become unreasonable", how so one might ask? After some good advice, I think from Mr. Bill, it was summarily dismissed by some because "they have a forum" to be heard. I haven't read the Covington News editorial of a few days ago that has infuriated some but plan to do so, I've already used my one free article for the day. I turn my attention to the Newton Citizen, who has the same editorial staff as the Rockdale citizen, who had this to say just a few months ago about what it termed "Unsubstantiated Claims".The heading reads "Look deeper than unsubstantiated claims about newspapers" dated October 18, 2011. For those who may not comprehend the analogy, The citizen advises the readers to look deeper than allegations about there distribution numbers verses that of a rival paper but don't seem to mind publishing what has so far been unsubstantiated allegations against Ms. Carpenter. The irony. The 9 to 1 margin referenced to in a poll as to whether or not the principal should be taking the paper to court for the names of the bloggers, I bet between them those twenty to twenty five bloggers voted hundreds of times between them and many more were from uninformed people who have accepted their as of yet unproven allegations.

ShannonBlack 1 year, 10 months ago

@covingtonian. Some people haven't blamed or placed any allegations on mrs carpenter she did that on her own when she filed the law suit against bloggers for opinion. I mean everybody jumps assuming that we are all against her when the truth of the matter is simply opinion that can be took as constructive criticism or maybe just look at what's going on and how can I fix it . Instead some look at it as pointing the finger which some have I'm not debating that however when someone openly comes forward and says directly to the person that is supposedly being attacked that this was never a personal attack on you just matter of opinion and I'm sorry if you took it that way then what? Three people who came forward and originally were named in such law suit all of a sudden dropped no explaination just gone free to do whatever. The one person who comes forward name and all gets put in the middle even after explaining themselves then in the meantime with proven documentation by the police dept this person has been harassed and called a liar and everything else in the book and that's not good enough? You see sir or ma'am its the people that do the right thing that end up the bad guy or hurt. Then to make matters worse they point the finger at a board member. Why? I'm just saying if your going to tell it, tell it right not half way true and make everyone else look innocent cause I will tell you opinion not everybody agrees with everything that is said especially in the public eye. If that were true then Obama could sue every day that's just the way humans are and we agree to disagree. You expect conflict in the public eye you expect resistance but that doesn't give anyone grounds to sue over opinion. You disagree if you like tht is your god given right. If you can't handle the public spotlight and fade fact that not everyone is going like you then stay out of the public eye.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

Dear Covingtonian, we went through all of the articles on Alcovy High from tasers to arrests to food fights to this suit.  There are 79 unique posters.  That is more than 4 or 5.  It is more than 3 times 23.  Bless your heart.

John 1 year, 10 months ago

Guess everyone will find out what the Judge has to say about all this on Juneteenth.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

I'm sure the judge will have plenty to say on Tuesday. He is the deciding factor in everything so we will definatly see how this plays out.

ShannonBlack 1 year, 10 months ago

Here is what I say "we all die famous in a small" everything will be fine Tuesday people no worries. Hopefully a happier newton county with happier people. Good luck!!!!

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

Good day this be Satan.  I am an employee just not who you think I am.  I am a Ms Black informant.  There are many of us.  We are a crew.  Bless you all on today and catch me in the wee a bit later as I put my best foot forward.

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

I'll stop commenting anonymously when NCSS starts granting the multiple Open Records Requests filed by the newspapers instead of stalling. I'll stop commenting when the bullying of current and former employees stops. I'll stop commenting anonymously when a politically-driven attorney stops pointing fingers in a paranoid fueled attempt to smoke out people or blame others like Jeff Meadors who just want positive change in the county. I'll stop commenting anonymously when people in positions of power in the county stop abusing that power at the expense of hard-working people, taxpayers, and students. In other words, I don't know if I will stop commenting anonymously any time soon.

dennistay53 1 year, 10 months ago

Great comment AMP. That is the reason the state of Ga has the SLAPP laws to be able to make plaintiffs pay the legal expense for people who are sued wrongly in freedom of speech cases ( code 9-11-11-1 and 5-7). It was put in place so citizens would stay involved in government affairs that effects many without fear of being sued to simply stop free speech. Without people like yall trying to make things better - things would be even worse. It is not illegal to state opinions and constructed criticism is important. Problem is that some people are thin skinned and can't accept it. Courts will accept cases like this, but bottom line no one has the right to stop furthered free speech. If so we would have to stop all presidential campaigns and debates, and even commission and council meetings. I'm not a big union person but in some work enviroments maybe unions are needed if a single person is scared of expressing their views without fear of being fired or sued. At least with a union you have concerted activity rights. I don't know if Newton County teachers and workers are in a union or not- if so maybe they could get help there.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

I'm right with you amp absolutely that's exactly how I feel about it too. Give it up peeps cause we are here to stay. Amp lets protest I feel a protest coming on. Should we join forces and go at'em. Tuesday is going to be just fine and I'm rooting for all of you. Tee hee.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

So as I sit here putting my best horn forward I wonder how this will all play out on Tuesday and I also wonder what cards may be holding. Sitting in the devils chair it is pretty hard to determine what may transpire. I hope that it in favor of all the infamous bloggers. I have been up since the wee. Satan is my name blogging is my game. Since I'm so horrible to hear some tell it since my name is Satan I guess I should just sit back with my glass of gasoline and blow fire. Ha that's funny. Well my peeps for now Satan is just watching it all unfold. I'm Satan and i approve this message.

WayBack 1 year, 10 months ago

Um... your comments are starting to be kind of weird. It's kind of like you're trying to undermine your own efforts here. I know you're angry and you feel frustrated-- I get it as much as I can, with my own limited understanding of everything that's happening around you guys, but this Satan schtick is creepy and completely distracts from your mission. But maybe you're crazy like a fox... maybe you are one of the bad guys? Maybe the people who have supported you on this anonymous forum and have seen your points have been deceived by you? Maybe we don't know the whole truth and the rest of the truth is that none of your arguments are trustworthy?

Covingtonian 1 year, 10 months ago

Ha Ha it's almost funny but, quite frankly I got more of a laugh after reading Amber Pittmans Covington News article in Sunday's paper. Basically it confirmed what I suspected, that instead of stating and providing substantiated facts to the proper authorities, you choose to waste your time and energy slanging mud on this blog. And as usual some well meaning persons, picks out what could be a worthy argument if not entwined with the insinuations and, jumps on the bandwagon. If by chance you haven't had it read to you yet let me enlighten you: "An open records request to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission revealed there have been no complaints filed against Deputy Superintendent for Operations Dennis Carpenter, Alcovy High School Principal LaQuanda Carpenter or Newton County School System Superintendent Gary Mathews." Well Satan, just goes to show "when the blind leads the blind...well you know the rest. NOT ONE COMPLAINT FILED but you raised hell in the papers, just saying

amp72 1 year, 10 months ago

Shows how absolutely ignorant you are. But we already knew that. Pay attention and take notes, because I'm sure you will need it:

1. The Covington News is HARDLY a reliable source, unless you want news on Asian massage parlors. Think about it, they are a competitor with The Citizen. Obviously they have their own angle and they like nothing better than to see the Citizen fighting a lawsuit. Grain of salt.

2. Open Records requests ONLY covered PSC complaints. Why were there none? Because once a teacher files a PSC he/she is marked and their career is over. It happened in spades in the APS cheating scandal. Several whistleblowers filed PSC complaints and they were not given contracts. No teacher in their right mind would file a PSC complaint against a principal who is married to the person who handles HR. I mean really, aren't you and Amber Pittman smart enough to figure that out? I guess not.

3. And why do you think we "raised hell in the newspapers" anonymously? DUH! Because you can't file complaints! I know people who approached Dr. Mathews about problems at AHS. They were politely shown the door and said thanks but no thanks. Status quo, my friend.

4. Sometimes slinging mud is the only way to get things done. Think about that the next time you take medication or eat a hamburger. If not for mudslingers/muckrakers throughout history who could not get anyone to listen, you might be risking your life when you do what we all consider every day activities. But hey, if you like the status quo then have fun with it.

5. As I said, these Open Records only applied to PSC complaints, which no one is foolish enough to file. But what about personnel files and emails? Yeah, well good luck with those because the BOE attorney is sitting on them and stalling. I happen to know for a fact there is dirt there but we may never get to lift that rug.

6. What about Open Records pertaining to the GBI threats and other forms of harassment? Same. We may never see those. Shame, because that would certainly bring you to our side. Unless of course your name is Dennis, Laquanda, Almond, Stephanie, etc...

WayBack 1 year, 10 months ago

This is turning into a future Cohen Brothers film. A few of you guys have created multiple screen names (who knows who anyone is-- there are probably just five people with ten screen names each on this whole conversation) and are getting the biggest kick out of getting "famous"-- um, y'all, this is small time stuff. It's Newton County. Litttttle tiny place. Dropping hints about who you work for or what meeting you're sitting in on and what you know and how it will all be "out" sooner or later... you're playing to the same crowd over and over. Aside from a [probably] frivolous lawsuit, who cares who y'all are? In fact, a few of you might seriously want to try to maintain anonymity, especially if you work in education. You're not very good writers. You refuse to use punctuation. Your sentences are often a jumbled mess (especially the ones written by most of the Shannons) of thoughts that sound like they're being frantically pounded out on a desperately abused keyboard in a dark, lonely room. Satan69 (and all of your other screen names), I get it that you want us to believe that you have a job at the county level (you've made "building level" references more than once). I get it that you seem to have the inside scoop on some stuff. I get it that you and Shannon(s) are either the same person, siblings, married, or best friends-- you use the same expressions ("tee-hee" (really?), "wee hours," etc.)-- but you seem to be getting more and more manic in your commentary, and that's a shame. You had my attention at first, and some respect, but your work here has devolved into something else, something...small. You are hurting your cause with so much of what you're writing lately. You sound bizarre and freaked out.

Personalsavior 1 year, 10 months ago

Well way back I guess you have it all figured out it seems. Funny how people get so upset about others calling people out and placing blame but then turn right around and do the same thing. The only one true thing you said was "who cares who anybody is" wanted to make sure I used proper punctuation because if I don't you may point that out. First it should not matter how they use punctuation or if they use it on an open forum who cares. Furthermore who died and made you the grammar corrector on the newton citizen? I think if you want to critique my friend be an editor or an English professor, well who's to say your not. All I want to know is this who is going to come on here and judge someone just because of how they wrote a sentence or paragraph? To me that's very childish and maybe some on here have gone over the top I will give that to you, but some need a little more facts before they point the finger. It isn't that serious.

WayBack 1 year, 9 months ago

It matters if they are suggesting that they are educators or in positions of influence in the field of education, which some of these guys have done. And the other thing is this: this seems to be really important. It sounds like bad stuff is going down and a school is in trouble. If these posters are telling the truth-- that there is corruption going on in the halls and offices of this school-- then I hope the situation is managed, and that it happens before the students are back in the building. But the more ridiculous these posts get, the worse their arguments look. I was excited to watch this thing play out at first-- this is precedent setting stuff, potentially-- but then these commenters just started getting so hyper-emotional and it stopped sounding cool and started sounding like a thread on Myspace from waaay back in the day. What do you want to bet the couple in question are not saying one word on here-- I'd bet that they're staying totally silent, waiting for y'all to talk yourselves into something that they can actually take to court. Be mad at me if you want-- you don't know me and it doesn't matter-- but at least consider it. This is bigger than an anonymous forum spat. Don't you get that? These guys were talking about calling WSB and CNN at first-- do you really think this thing your comments have devolved into would be taken seriously by them? You say "it's not that serious"-- there are people whose lives and careers are at stake, and one judge in one little town might make a future ruling that will decide whether or not you can post as Personalsavior and say whatever the heck you want. That sounds kind of serious to me.

ShannonBlack 1 year, 10 months ago

That's ok wayback your entitled to your opinion. This whole lawsuit is wierd and bizarre. To be perfectly honest I'm ready for it to be over. I'm done with this whole thing. Take care everyone.

Tatersalad 1 year, 10 months ago

I don't care who said what or blogged what or blah blah there is nothing illegal in it I hope it is tossed fast and the county can recover before school starts next month.  It's boring and childish on all ends and not deserving of court time.  I know for a fact that more than one person has said things out of closed session and in my presence and it is true that it seems to flow out of one high school but I really don't care.  I care more about the students.

HonestAbe 1 year, 10 months ago

My, My, My. Covingtonian and Wayback it is so good to see you exercising your freedom of speech in these postings ( Of which you don't seem to want others to do) I am making but one entry because i believe you are one and the same. I just wonder if you work for the other paper or are you really Lindsey or one or both of the Carpenters. No way to be sure because YOU operate under screen names ( Of which you seem to not want others to do) Please continue to post so we can all learn from your most excellent writing skills. I am so proud of you for using your free article rights at the other paper. I for one really expected the husband to fill up the file of the wife with negative stuff. Ha, Ha, Ha.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

Honest Abe that's is so the true. They are the two biggest hipocrites I have ever seen how are going to tell people not to use alias's then they do it. Then don't use free speech then they want to say things. Wow really those two.

WayBack 1 year, 10 months ago

Ha! You didn't understand anything I said. And it's kind of funny... it's totally cool for you guys to voice your opinion in this forum, but as soon as someone dares to criticize you (really, I'm just saying that the more you comment, the more off-balance you sound-- not saying you didn't start off with a good argument), they're a hypocrite. That's rich. And I didn't tell you not to use aliases-- I don't even know you! I don't care about your aliases, and it doesn't matter what I care about!! What I said was that the circus you're creating is taking away from your argument! Make up twenty aliases-- it doesn't matter-- but YOU are the one dropping big hints about who you are and what meetings you're sitting in on and your connection to "big leaks" like it matters a lot to you-- and it sounds like you might be in a position of influence. Exercise your rights to free speech, but don't make a mockery of those rights by being silly just because you're angry.

AWOL 1 year, 10 months ago

I truly think this principal is messed up. She seems terrible and I would not want my kids at her school. But all of you regulars(esp. Satan69) are really sounding petty. I am starting to wonder how much truth there is to what you keep claiming. There was a very wise post on here where a lawyer said to save it all for court. He was right and you guys are showing a serious lack of wisdom.

AWOL 1 year, 10 months ago

That was Mr. Bill's post I was referring to.

JoanD 1 year, 10 months ago

You know your right AWOL however what I think What people are actually doing now is just showing how petty this law suit is to them. I mean done have just gone completely off the wall. Your right save it for the courtroom. There has been some very legit comments and some very bizarre I will give you that. But some have gotten so completely tired of the name calling and finger pointing and accusations that now they have started just showing its not important and it's petty and childish.

Satan69 1 year, 10 months ago

Well I have had some valid information whether it's petty or not. Opinion is opinion. However we will all know the real truth tomorrow it is for the courts to decide not us do lets leave it to them.

georgianbuckeye 1 year, 9 months ago

Whats a matter Mrs Carpenter skin to thin? How much is this stupid lawsuit going to cost us because of this thin skined so-called principal? A blogger disagrees with her and the way she does her job and what does she do, she tries to sue the blogger! What a joke. I may only be 34 years old, but i was raised to be able to take criticism. That is what is wrong with kids these days, they are told that now matter what they are winners just for showing up and get a participation trophy. Thats how you get people like Mrs Carpenter. When we stop with the participation trophys and let the kids learn that you cant always win, then we stop with the stupid lawsuits.