Web commenter claims harassment after identity revealed

CONYERS -- Shannon Black, who claims she has made posts under the names of "KBeet" and "MsLoy" on the Newton Citizen website, has filed a report of harassment with the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office.

Black, a Conyers resident, filed a report Thursday afternoon claiming she has been harassed via the phone and visits to her home since coming forward.

Black wrote two letters to the editor to the Newton Citizen in May claiming the identities, which have been named in a lawsuit filed by Alcovy High School Principal LaQuanda Carpenter. The lawsuit claims defamation and libel for negative comments made about Carpenter on the Citizen website.

According to the incident report, Black said that a black man, who she has never seen before, approached her while she was standing in her yard late one evening. She claims that he told her that if she kept writing untrue stories that his next visit would not be nice.

She told the RCSO officer that he was driving a dark older model Honda Accord, and that two other black men also were in the vehicle.

Black also reported that she has been getting phone calls from blocked numbers.

In an amendment to the lawsuit filed earlier this month, Carpenter alleges that Newton County Board of Education Vice Chair Jeff Meadors created the blog IDs "MsLoy" and "KBeet." He denies the claims.

Comments

OnToday 2 years, 2 months ago

Wow. I invite this guy to set foot any where near my yard and say that stuff. Trust me, there won't be a police report filed there will be a coroner on the scene filling out a deceased persons report.

Iknowddatsright 2 years, 2 months ago

Ms Black should sue the Newton BOE for allowing the nepotism to exist that destroyed this school leading to horrible discipline and commenters forced into anonymous blogging and criminal harassment against her - is it true one of the unblocked calls was traced to AHS?  Show us the incident report.

amp72 2 years, 2 months ago

And of course the Carpenters and their friends will deny any involvement in this, claiming they don't know these thugs. Riiiiiight. I was born at night but not last night. As if I'm sure these fine upstanding citizens were sitting around discussing world politics and current events, caught wind of these "attacks" on a local principal and decided "We need to do something about these attacks on this innocent educator, for the sake of the children and the community as a whole! Come, get into my Honda Accord and we shall ride to Shannon's house and convince her the error of her ways!" Please. Bullying takes many forms, my friends. You can bully someone from your office, through lawsuits, and by good old fashioned threats from goons. Any way you slice it, it's bullying. And if a judge orders the release of other names then we can expect the same treatment. People who dare to speak up about the problems in our schools will be visited by the Three Musketeers and their Honda Accord of Justice.

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

This is exactly why NO IDs not ONE should be given out in any hearing or as the result of a hearing.  People coming to this lady's house - this is criminal and you know who is behind it.

Covingtonian 2 years, 2 months ago

This isn't to cast doubt on Miss Black's allegation But, I would think that anyone with the smarts to use different computers and pseudonyms would also have the presence of mind to have gotten a tag number. Since I am not privy to her report I'll give her the benefit of a doubt and say she did. What I find interesting is that, once the allegation is made by the opposing side that a member of the school board has been using some of those pseudonyms, she is now being harassed not only by phone but by personal visits from three black men. This is now given as a good reason why no Names or ip addresses should be given. I think both sides in this mess have proponents that they would just as soon they didn't. By the way I don't believe for a moment that Miss Black hasn't been "carrying" since she identified herself publicly, I just hope she doesn't get some innocent black man or three hurt because of her public accusation. As I like to say, just saying......

livingart 2 years, 2 months ago

And- all of this could have been prevented and stopped by the Super and board from the beginning. Are you people in charge, so afraid of losing your "cushy" jobs, that you will not step out of your box......???? This complete matter is disgusting and sad. But , thank-you very much board, my school taxes keep on climbing.....

ShannonBlack 2 years, 2 months ago

yes a call was traced to alcovy but i will not share the date time or contents at this time   i have share this with both papers

ShannonBlack 2 years, 2 months ago

you need to reply to covingtonian and tell him/her it was almost midnight both times you could see no tag

UGAFan 2 years, 2 months ago

Remvoe the head and the body will follow. Remove the conflict and the issue will be resolved. Pretty novel idea.

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

I want to know where mr turners plane receipts are from the D.C trip.

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

I don't care if anyone believes that the harassment is true I do know ms black and e wouldn't lie about this.

carefulshawty 2 years, 2 months ago

Why can't people follow simple direction I find this very annoying that ms black is able to just run around and spout of lies that aren't true and that's ok but let one of us try to correct it and they call the 5 0 and people that means police just in case there was question to that. I'm just saying this is getting out of hand I'm going to draw up a fake incident report and see what happens. 1,2,3 strikes your out my friend.

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

Listen shawty I know ms. Black and she would never lie or go through the fight of getting a police report that isn't true. Also what are you referring to 3 strikes your out what in the world are you talking about? What are u so upset about? I think that you have a fixation with ms black cause your awfully worked up.

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

i would like for the the truth to come out on the gbi thing ask the supt secretary and the pr director about this you won't get the truth from the super or the board

KBeet 2 years, 2 months ago

I'm coming out I want the world to know that I'm who Shannon black.

I'm self proclaimed blogger Shannon black

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

Peeps i found this beautiful comment over at today's poll and i think the thug judge candidate will like it:  OK, I have a dilemma. If a person writes into this poll and exercises 'political free speech,' meaning they say something about the way a person does their job, doesn't do their job, etc. -- just like the politicians do (and I believe it is legal) -- and the said person brings a lawsuit to get the names of those who wrote in, to do I'm not sure what with, and (run on sentence!) hires an attorney who is running for judge -- what are we to think of this attorney possibly being a judge who seems to support this person who does not believe in free speech? I guess I'm wondering if this judicial candidate does, in fact, believe in free speech. Just saying."

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

say what you will   i was sitting with MS Black when a blocked call came in more than one time   I have seen with my eyes the trace evidence and the double block efforts from the detective   don't matter who called it came from a ncss building and she should find out the liability limits of the Newton BOE and NCSS liability policy and sue

Covingtonian 2 years, 2 months ago

I don't expect the truth from anyone calling themself Satan. What is on your mind? Huckabee doesn't seem to see any fodder for humor in your name, I'm not surprised. There is an election around the corner he's likely preparing for voter fraud again (see an earlier article where he admitted to doing so) by voting in Rockdale and Porterdale.Hey Darrel you still do the spinning the basketball trick on your finger for attention? I'm sorry I'm getting annoyed with all this and it's making me act mean, I can only say 'the devil made me do it". Pray for me and our children. I'm going to try not to read this blog anymore until after the 19th when the case goes to court.

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

well you may not like me by name but my truth will set you free if you track down the club sponsors for CTI and FBLA and give them immunity from retalitaion along with band, chorus, and deca.  you will see by name you may not like me but by truth you will come to love me.  i am beautiful.  a beautiful thing.  and i know plenty and it just keeps on coming like gravy at christmas time.

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

@covingtonian It shouldn't matter what the commenters names are in fact I didn't make the name to be funny. It's ok if you don't believe anything I say because of the name. However you should not judge a book by its cover. I am very nice person actually and the funny thing is you all think you have me pinpointed as this mean and hateful person which I'm not. " the devil made you do it". First and foremost I make no one do anything they don't choose to do and I wouldn't want you to do anything you didn't want to. I don't care if anyone finds humor in my name that wasn't the purpose for it so relax. My reasoning on here was for the sole purpose of giving the truth not to slander or maliciously attack anyone and I have not done so. Hopefully the hearing goes well on the 19th nobody ever knows what may happen the judge may shock us all who knows. So if by any stretch of the imagination you think I'm a monster or actually the devil suit yourself. I will put this in plain English for you fact is fact and lies are lies nothing that has been said has been a lie so take care. Im am trying to help free speech not go against it, trying to protect everybodies indentities so you may want to think twice before not believing someone because of an alias. Sincerely The devil so you call me.

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

what you are seeing in newton county is the result of your voting when you have boards that more resemeble dekalb, APS, clayton, dougherty and so on you get east dekalb thugh attorneys and butthurt whiners who threaten and do harm  - you have a choice on July 31 and again in November - you figure it out

Freshvoice2012 2 years, 2 months ago

Just finished talking with Satan some heavy duty leaks are coming out in the next couple of days.

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

So I am very upset at the fact that I'm being called a blogger now my feelings are really hurt. I'm the self proclaimed power blogger get it right. So go put your best foot forward on today.

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

I don't know why everyone is so upse with my name I mean you put a communist in the white house. Surely you aren't that sensitive.

Grandcanyon 2 years, 2 months ago

ok so many of us know who the one in the suit named  newtoncountyparent  is so do we say who they are and you go digging?  leave these people alone you creep.  a pox on your house.

Freshvoice2012 2 years, 2 months ago

ok so if miss black wavied her rights which is total bs then she can get police escorts and you can go and look at her computer which she has already said there were two one rented and one at work dirt dobber dirt dobber go in your hole but she needs police escorts if you go get her IP because you are not an attorney to be trusted one iota not charmed at all by you

Henrycounselor 2 years, 2 months ago

first of all don't blame the victim here there are all types of reasons a woman waits to do something especially when a child is in the household - lay off this lady you old wannabe judge.  I went back and I looked at her comments in the suit you filed.  Nothing but silly homeroom comments you have no case and you are a shameful person looking for dirt to keep in our papers.  She could have tracers from a nother county especially since we have a person on the school board who works for a police dept and weve all heard the GBI stuff from that one.  Leave her alone.  She said who she is and does not deserve to be harassed further.  What a awful example of someone asking to get voted in as a judge a cold day in you know where on that one. and you dont deserve one more detail of her life the way the  bullies round you work.

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

ummm you need to really think twice old covingtonian i was with miss black when one of the blocked calls came in

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

second clue:  i know newtoncountyparent

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

third clue:  i also go by MissLoy   catch me if you can

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

At this time I will grade the Alcovy lawsuit.    LaQuanda - a grade of "F" for telling the teacher you had the students arrested for what went on in the woods when you didn't   Dennis - a grade of "F" for batting 8-0 on getting no new job   LaQuanda - a grade of "I - Incomplete" as we wait to hear on your APS job   Lindsey - a grade of "LF - lower than F" for how to run a political campaign   Lindsey - for telling the public in the Alcovy Judicial Circuit your views on the First Amendment - "HAM" - heap a mess

CBSfinder 2 years, 2 months ago

You know the last time I was in her office it smelled like playdoh

CBSfinder 2 years, 2 months ago

Mr bill that is coin language!!

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

So I'm sitting here at the BOE meeting and got a blocked call and wondering if the person making them here do I'm looking around trying to figure it out I wonder. How convinent