Letter: Strauss understands challenges of his constituents

The 2050 plan, the tax digest, Baxter coming, and the quality of life are all very important to District 1 and Newton County, but I want to lay all that aside for a minute because I know John Strauss has District 1 and Newton County's best interests at heart. I want to talk about John Strauss the man.

John was no more than a boy when I first went to work for his father. I watched him grow through his high school years and college years. I followed his life as he went from a boy, to a young man, to an adult. I saw triumphs, adversities, sadness and joys in his life. I've seen him struggle with the same issues we all do on a daily basis. I've observed him grow into a fine man, with honesty, compassion, humility and integrity. I know he wants only the best for his family, his friends, District 1 and Newton County.

I keep hearing that we need political experience to get the job done. I don't want any more political experience. I'm tired of business as usual. I want an ordinary person, living an ordinary life, with everyday problems as my commissioner. One who faces the same challenges each day that I do. One that lives in the community just like I do. One that understands what it's like to live in the trenches and isn't insulated by the world of politics. I'm tired of politics as usual.

John Strauss has my vote for Commissioner of District 1; I hope he has yours.

-- Brenda Davis

Covington

Comments

henrystamm 1 year, 8 months ago

Brenda are you kidding or drunk or high?

Conservative 1 year, 8 months ago

henrystamm........have some class. Attacking someone like that is really low rent. Showing your true colors.

dustinketchem 1 year, 8 months ago

Ive read several of Henry's comments. He is apparently a angry at the world. I havent read a single comment on here where he has anything nice to say. Its best just to ignore him. Im sure he will have something to say about this comment.

farmboy 1 year, 8 months ago

I agree about the comments about Henry. Have class Mr. Henry. Do not criticize Brenda she is not the enemy. I have known her for over 14 years. She has outstanding character. High integrity. I trust her judgement on people. She always says how it really is in a very classy way. She would never slam someone she did not know on a blob. By the way she does not drink. I hope people see through people like Henry and vote Strauss.

lsingley 1 year, 8 months ago

I wholeheartedly agree with Brenda's comments. I have known John since high school and have always known him as a man to be counted on. I know he will make informed, intelligent decisions on the issues relative to Newton County and District 1. I've seen him live his life with honesty, integrity and compassion. I know he loves this community as much as I, and I can't wait for him to be my Commissioner in District 1.

henrystamm 1 year, 8 months ago

LOVINGLIFE 1 year, 8 months ago

What are you so angry about Mr Henry ? Are you not getting enough attention at home ? , on your job ? I bet the reason your not getting any attention is because negativity is like cancer and people hide when they see you coming.

inthemiddle 1 year, 8 months ago

Henry's first statement - "Brenda are you kidding or drunk or high?"

Henry's second statement - "So do I Fellows. It is apparent that John is using the Obama Tactics and get's his soldiers out to defame honest comments. Shame on you all!"

I am not sure how implying that Brenda must be "drunk or high" is an honest comment so how are these guys using Obama Tactics to "defame" honest comments. If anyone was defamed, then it was you defaming Brenda.

So Shame On You!