As of Saturday, January 21, 2012
© Copyright 2014
CONYERS — Grease left on the stove in a kitchen was determined to be the cause of a house fire Friday on Cook Road.
Rockdale County Fire and Rescue responded to the fire at 3 p.m. at 5034 Cook Road. Four engines, a rescue unit and an unit from Henry County arrived at the two-story, split-level house.
No injuries were reported, however, the fire displaced a family of two adults and three children, according to Fire and Rescue spokeswoman Sharon Webb.
Upon entering the structure fire fighters discovered the cause of the fire to be grease left on the stove by the homeowner after cooking. The fire was extinguished within minutes of arrival by responding units, Webb said in the statement.
The residence received heavy fire damage to the kitchen and smoke damage through-out the upper level, Webb said.
“The family was able to make arrangements with nearby relatives,” Webb said in the statement. “Red Cross was not contacted for assistance. All units were in service leaving the scene by 4:15 p.m.”