Man charged after forcing girlfriend out of house

CONYERS -- A Covington man was arrested after he allegedly forced his girlfriend to leave a residence on Chestnut Oak Court in Conyers and took her to a Waffle House.

Nicholas Sinclair Bolton, 27, of 120 Logans Run, Covington, was arrested Dec. 26 by officers from the Conyers Police Department following a brief chase. He is charged with criminal trespass, obstruction or hindering a person making an emergency telelphone call, and simple battery.

According to a CPD incident report, officers were called to the Chestnut Oak Court residence at about 5 a.m. where a woman and her two daughters who lived there said a man had broken in the front door and forced the 25-year-old victim to leave with him. The victim was a friend who had reportedly been staying at the residence for about a week.

Officers set up a perimeter in the area and began a search for the suspect and victim. In the meantime, a cab drove up to the street and the driver told police he had been called by a man who sounded out of breath and was possibly drunk. One of the daughters at the house then told police that she had received a cell phone call from the victim and, based on background noise on the phone, she thought the victim and suspect were at a Waffle House.

Officers identified the Waffle House at Interstate 20 and Ga. Highway 138 as the source of the call. The victim and suspect reportedly fled from the Waffle House just as officers arrived. Bolton was apprehended near the Long John Silver's on Ga. Highway 138.

During the search for the victim, an officer made contact with another cab driver in the nearby Shell station parking lot. The driver reportedly told police that she picked up the couple on Pine Street and dropped them off at the Waffle House. She told police the victim did not appear to be afraid of the suspect, but that it did seem that they had been arguing. The driver said she had picked up Bolton six times between Christmas Eve and Wednesday at the Horizon Extended Stay Hotel.

The report did not indicate whether or not officers found the victim.