Covington News reporter reports threat

The Covington Police Department has confirmed that a reporter for the Covington News filed a complaint with them Saturday after receiving an anonymous letter at her residence possibly tied to the LaQuanda Carpenter civil action against those making comments on the Newton Citizen website.

Detective D.J. Seals said the reporter was not threatened physically and the investigation into the matter is in progress. "We might have more later," he said.

The letter came the day after Conyers resident Shannon Black was deposed concerning her comments on the Citizen site under several identities. Black came forward several months ago and acknowledged that she posted comments. She has also filed a report with the Rockdale County Sheriff's Office claiming she, too, has been harassed via the phone and at least one visit from a stranger to her home since coming forward.

Comments

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

Maybe it was the neighbors from her blog?  Or maybe the dentist?  This reporter - whew.

Calisweetheart 2 years, 2 months ago

The next depositions should really be great when we hear the scoop from the Freshman Wing

Calisweetheart 2 years, 2 months ago

People in Burke County say look out for this plaintiff.  Be very wary of her.

Kodaanddylansmom 2 years, 2 months ago

Old Steph throws all the mud she can at people and against the wall and it ain't sticking.  GA BAR - BAR her!!

Beautifulblueeyes 2 years, 2 months ago

Well Sarah has spilled your beans Amber.

Beautifulblueeyes 2 years, 2 months ago

Lindsey could at least try to be a little subtle here - haha what a joke she has made NCSS and the county.  Baxter International is excluding Newton County from its vision.  How many times do I have to read about the suer principal.

Watermelonlover 2 years, 2 months ago

Stephanie Lindsey has broken just about every rule in this case total frivolous suit she needs to go.  Get her out of Newton County.

MamaTurd 2 years, 2 months ago

Lindsey is so desperate she has gone to subletting peons for cash and creates her own defamation can't wait till GA BAR axes her.

SharonBlock 2 years, 2 months ago

I find this very strange how is it that shannon black talks about her letter in her deposition then all of a sudden and non party person to the suit is invited to the deposition. Then low and behold she gets a letter too? I smell bs people it's a game with the Lindsey firm that they have nothing so they are desperate to get something. So who is the culprit?

Covingtonian 2 years, 2 months ago

Here we go again, same ole song, different refrain but the same old cast. I 've been waiting to hear from you guys since Almond Turner was re elected. Man you'll did a great job of getting him out of office. I have a novel idea,why don't we all meet for lunch at Alcovy high sometime? Or maybe we could all meet for an Alcovy PTO meeting? If you all promise to be civil (that means behave yourselves) I will be willing to meet over a meal and chew the fat for a while and quietly listen as you guys try to decide who you would like to roast in the paper next.. Well our old friend ShannonBlack can now turn her attention to affairs of the Rockdale school system since that's her county of residence. Although one of the papers reported that she promised not to blog anymore about the Carpenters she has already stated that that's not what she promised to do. It was probably one of her other personalities that made that agreement. Reminds me of the three faces of eve.

dennistay53 2 years, 2 months ago

If someone really did this and left this at a reporter's house then it is wrong. I'm for the first amendment for EVERYONE even the one's i may not agree with. You can't pick and choose who you want to have these rights. The reporters from the covington news are probably doing what they are paid to do. They are trying to make a living. Disagree with them but don't lower your class by doing something that may not be legal. Two wrongs don't make a right. If this didn't happen and IS a setup then whomever took the police report should go to jail for a false report.

Watermelonlover 2 years, 2 months ago

@covingtonian

I have a question for you why are you always attacking shannon black? Look to put this all in perspective for you we are all at fault every single one of us for doing and saying things on the blogs whether it is opinion or not. You go after her like she is the only one on her saying anything. Let me tell you something the only thing she did wrong was come out openly but the thing is I understand her reasoning for it.

I think your wrong about pointing fingers you know I find it really odd about that reporter getting a letter after Ms Black talked about it in her deposition. You immediately go on a war path saying she is a liar but amber Pittman isn't ? There is something wierd going on.

I think the expression think before you speak would do you a lot of good.

Your a hypocrite how can you credit one cause she's a reporter and discredit the other cause you don't like what she says?

Kodaanddylansmom 2 years, 2 months ago

So you play both sides huh covingtonian or your just a hypocrite all the way around.

I have never in all my life you side with the reporter cause why she is a reporter and they don't lie right? Yeah sure. But anything with the mere mention of Shannon Blacks name sends you out the roof, why is that? Is it because you are one of the carpenters or because your a rat for Lindsey too? Honest question.

gsm7476 2 years, 2 months ago

alcovy does not have a PTO by the way. I think is time for all sides and I do mean all sides to Go to work to solve the problems and yes we have problems It is not all rainbows skittles and unicorns. We have real work to do our system is in the Bottom third of all systems in the state and our state is in the lower 25% of all states Folks that not good. We need leaders. Not Lawsuit not blogging spitball fights but we need people who put the kids 1st not last. This soap opera has gone on long enough its time all sides kiss and make up or be prepared to race to the bottom not the top.

HonestAbe 2 years, 2 months ago

Facts- Suit filed against 8 bloggers- suit dropped against 8 bloggers- (False suit filed?) Plaintiff unable to stop negative postings against the school system. Covington News has made no secret of their support (at least in writing) of the Plaintiff. Fact- BOE member works for Covington Police Department. Fact- he has also took heat from posters for spending on washington DC trip. Fact- immediately after suit dropped against bloggers police report filed with Covington Police by Covington News reporter. Fact- Covington News advertised half price subscriptions over the weekend. I don't know, just stating facts.

Covingtonian 2 years, 2 months ago

I get mean spirited sometimes and just want to do to some of you what you intend to do to others (Lindsey/Carpenters) that is get you upset. I want name names it would take to long but you all know who you are .As I have stated numerous times in the past, that there are a few of you who use these blogs as if they were emails to friends. It has become a way for many, and I include myself, to let everyone who cares to read about it know our likes or dislikes with people or situations that have been written about. I personally get tired of reading from the same people the same gripes and in some instances multiple gripes under different names. Watermelonlover ask why am I always attacking ShannonBlack? First off I don't feel that I am always attacking her but I don't like for anyone to tell me what amounts to lies, make unsubstantiated accusations aginst others, do something that could cause others physical harm and turn against those that were supposedly her friend. If you think that the only thing she did wrong was to come out openly then you too need to see a clinical pyschiatrist. She HAS proven herself a liar and all but admitted it, can't you read?

Covingtonian 2 years, 2 months ago

Seems to me Lindsey must be a pretty good lawyer in that she effectively exposed three people with one disposition, you guess what three since I've been accused of picking on her.I see the 8 bloggers who the suit have been dropped as likely have strengthen her case. Some time ago when it was reported that a report was taken by the Rockdale S.O. from one of the now deposed and dismissed bloggers, I stated on a blog then that I didn't believe it happened and that this could get some innocent persons hurt. Although this hasn't been disproven I seriously doubt it happened. I now say that I do believe the reporter recieved a stupid note because some of you have shown yourselves fanatical about this Alcovy issue. I will agree with gsm7476 that it's time for all sides to kiss and makeup, let's all meet and discuss ways to form a PTO at Alcovy seems they made need one. IT SHOULD BE ABOUT THE CHILDREN so lets be a part of the solution and not part of the problem.

OnToday 2 years, 2 months ago

Lindsey is a "pretty good lawyer." HA! Well if your credibility wasn't questioned before it sure is now. And how did she "expose" three people? Three people who are frustrated that NO ONE in the school system will listen and have the guts to make changes? How many people are the Carpenters going to have a "falling out" with before someone wakes up and smells the coffee? I actually want this thing to go to trial because I think many people in this county will finally be see what these people have been up to for way too long.

Frustrated 2 years, 2 months ago

Covingtonian...just FYI shannon black did indeed file a police report. I have seen it.

Satan69 2 years, 2 months ago

Hey Covingtonian since you love exposure what is your real name?  Are your initials DLC?  We think they are based on your other blogs

ShannonBlack 2 years, 2 months ago

Thank you frustrated and yes I did file police reports and guess what covingtonian? Mrs Lindsey has them too. You can say what you want it doesn't bother me and what you think doesn't matter either cause guess what everybody knows who I am I don't have to hide whether you think I'm lying or not. I know what has happened and I know what hasn't happened.

So keep it up if it makes you feel powerful badmouthing people and your on here bashing people and talking about hiding behind names well I guess I'm not hiding am I ?

I don't know you,

don't care to know you!

So take care and have a good one hypocrite!!!!

FishyFishy 2 years, 2 months ago

Just because you saw the police report doesn't mean it is true. Ever heard of filing a false police report? I'm with Covingtonian on this one it was the alleged threats and the alleged visit from thugs in the middle of the night that had me side eye'ing Ms. Black.

That's just it OnToday, Shannon had the opportunity to bring her truth and proof into the light at the depo and she failed to do so. It doesn't exist, IMO and she admitted she lied. That to me makes her absolutely not credible. Ever.

Frustrated 2 years, 2 months ago

FIshy I suggest you submit an open records request to Rockdale SO and see the complete report including the investigators reports.

FishyFishy 2 years, 2 months ago

I don't doubt the police report exists, but is it a false report (did the threats happen, was the letter written by someone other than the alleged victim?).

No one is attacking anyone or accusing. Eyebrows are raised and I for one am skeptical. On both sides. I don't think anyone knows what any of this is about anymore. It sounds like a Lifetime Movie script.

When anyone questions the validity there are never answers to direct questions. Change of subject is made and the answer is "ask about the fights that happened today". Well this whole thing isn't about the fights last week, it's about the things written on this site that were later admitted to be untrue.

This whole thing has gotten more and more ridiculous.

ShannonBlack 2 years, 2 months ago

I love all these accusations people I could careless what you all think of me once again I will say this I did not and would not file a fake police report especially when I work closely with law enforcement. Secondly I really have better things to do than blame and make false allegations on or about people. So what I find hysterical is that just because the reporter is a reporter then she's creditable however the blogger whom to it happens to first and comes out says who she is is not creditable why because you all don't like how I did things.

Aww so sorry for you all get over it and find a new hobby ok you all took sides since this has begun so who cares. You all have a good time dogging people out and being hypocritical.

No one really cares anyway it would take someone actually getting seriously hurt and then you still wouldn't believe it in the end I would still be the liar and the non creditable blogger .

Tatersalad 2 years, 2 months ago

So I wonder how much more people are going to talk? This is so childish and we have two people on this forum that must think like Mrs Lindsey because they bully people to but yet the minute you attack their credibility they go on the offensive and on the attack.

Wow!!!!!!

ShannonBlack 2 years, 2 months ago

@frustrated Thank you again for coming to my defense but your right the only thing those two jokers need to do is submit an open records request. However they won't. They are entitled to their opinion of me as are you and anyone else on this forum I'm not going to make a big deal about it.

Like I have said before I know what has and hasn't been done and that's all that matters.

@tatersalad

I completely agree those two love to allack and make allegations but the minute you attack them they jump to the defensive. Agreed.