Alcovy principal sues over website comments

COVINGTON -- An attorney representing LaQuanda Brown Carpenter, principal at Alcovy High School, has filed a lawsuit against 11 "John Does" who commented about Carpenter on the Newton Citizen website.

The lawsuit claims that Carpenter has "experienced enormous suffering and damage to her reputation in the community and to her trade or profession" as a result of the website postings.

Carpenter is seeking court costs and monetary damages to be determined by a jury.

Attorney Stephanie Lindsey filed the suit claiming defamation and libel late Wednesday in the Newton County Superior Court Clerk's office.

Commenters on the website may use pseudonyms, but Lindsey said it is not necessary to know the actual names of the commenters in order to file suit against them.

"We have identified them enough so they will know who we are talking about," she said. "We will go ahead and get their actual names at a later time."

Lindsey said the newspaper will be subpoenaed for the actual names of those whose comments are cited in the lawsuit.

The pseudonyms named as "John Does" in the lawsuit are MsLoy, bluedeyeddevil, avidreader, spdracer90, GwinnettTransplant, amp72, newtoncountyparent, watermelonlover, beautifulblueeyes, Satan69, and KBeet.

The lawsuit cites 11 comments posted on the website between Feb. 10 and April 19, claiming that the comments are false, intended to expose Carpenter to "hatred, contempt and/or ridicule," and made with reckless disregard for the truth.

The comments were generally critical of Carpenter's performance as principal and of the fact that her husband, Dennis Carpenter, is deputy superintendent for operations, overseeing human resources and other school system departments.

In the case of most lawsuits, Lindsey said defendants are notified when they are served papers by the sheriff. "But in a 'John Doe' situation like we have here, they are served by the sheriff at the time their identity is determined," she said.

Comments

Teedoffparent 1 year, 11 months ago

I have seen with my own eye different students getting different treatment. So I my spouse is being mistreated here and my child is exposed if my name is out there does the newspaper expose me and open up my spouse and my child to damage? I hope this is put in the trash where it belongs and someone focuses on improving this place. Don't I have rights to freedom of speech about the performance of a school I help to pay for?

Yallneedprozac 1 year, 11 months ago

the only crime here is that this school is in the shape that it is and that someone opposing a wonderful Judge Ott would ask us to put her in his place - dismiss and squash - now sue me for saying what i think

Henrycounselor 1 year, 11 months ago

Principals should be able to stand up to a lot to protect schools and lead them. I report. You decide. We do not need this in Jackson Public Schools. If you cannot take the heat you don't file lawsuits you simply go away

CBSfinder 1 year, 11 months ago

So can all of us principals, superintendents, officials file suit every time we are mad about the truth being told about how we lead a building? I am getting my papework ready

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

This is absolutely too much! I have never once defamed anyone with my comments, which I am entitled to offer. We merely commented on news stories and offered opinions, never once damaging her character or reputation. I am shocked and appalled that this is happening. First we have illegal board meetings to pressure a fellow board member from writing his opinions and now this. Dr. Mathews, where is the leadership? Bullying and threatening fellow citizens and taxpayers does more to damage one's reputation than anything we could write on this website. Shameful. I would sincerely hope The Citizen would stand firm and not allow this attorney to bully them into anything. As taxpayers we are more than welcome to criticize anyone's performance and not one of us said anything that was untrue or illegal.

UGAFan 1 year, 11 months ago

Hopefully I will be on the jury...NOT GUILTY. As a matter of fact LaQuanda, you need to pay for the defendants legal fees.

ctownslimm 1 year, 11 months ago

ANd she should have to buy everyone an ice cream cone to say she is sorry. I want sprinkles.

KimberlyD 1 year, 11 months ago

The tax paying citizens have a right to an opinion. We are paying her salary and she works for us!! If she don't like it go back to where ever it was that she came from... If she was doing her job in the first place, she wouldn't be having this problem. I am not a protester/picketer but would in support of the people that have spoken against her. That is your right to freedom of speech!! She allows those wild students their freedom of speech but it's different when we do it as adults. I guess only juvenile delinquents are allowed to do so. Not all the chillen are at AHS but a lot of them are.. from what I've read/heard...

KimberlyD 1 year, 11 months ago

Whah, whah, whah.... Do a better job and people won't talk about you. What a crybaby...Are you going to sue me for saying that?????

AmazedByStupidity 1 year, 11 months ago

Two comments.

1) How can it be defamation, when it's true?

2) Stephanie Lindsay, you are showing poor judgment. Your sign in my yard is coming down, and I will actively encourage others to do the same.

ClaytonBigsby 1 year, 11 months ago

Why in the heck would you have her sign in your yard in the first place???

ClaytonBigsby 1 year, 11 months ago

This whole suit sounds frivolous, but since the comments are subject to moderator approval, isn't the onus on the "moderator" who ultimately posted them to the website?

sweetpotato 1 year, 11 months ago

Clayton Bigsby I love your video on YouTube tell Dave I said Hi.

Satan69 1 year, 11 months ago

This upsets me as well Amp because I haven't either, don't let the name fool you just cause it's satan doesn't mean Im the devil. However no one on the comments since this has started has spoken anything but the truth. No worries Amp I think that she is upset because the truth is being put out there and she can't handle it, plain and simple. I surely hope that the Citizen stands its ground on this. It is so childish. If she spent as much time on making threats on suing us parents for being mad as she did everything else then AHS would be in better shape. I see this as scare tactic and furthermore it seems silly to want to bring people to court for voicing an opinion. Sad fact of reality is this, this is why there is a comment section with a Moderator so if slander or anything else happens it stops thre and then it should go into action.

UGAFan 1 year, 11 months ago

I have your Satan,,,, I will wiggle my way onto the jury and find you NOT GUILTY.

MissLoy 1 year, 11 months ago

This is MissLoy. I created my account on my boyfriends computer and he has no idea. I type no on my laptop. I also use my handset and use my friends use this name and password to post also. So who you gonna call? How about this . Nothing we say is libel lady. It is true. There are no damages here other than the emptying of AHS or highly effective staff since you came here and the LOWEST scores and grad rate in the county BELOW the state. Thanks for the damages.

KimberlyD 1 year, 11 months ago

I can blame her for the lack of discipline in the schools for the most part. She is there to make sure the children are safe and to enforce structure but she can't control the teens that get knocked up and drop out nor can she make the children study for their tests either. A teacher's job is to teach not to hold the kids' hands while they take their test so Little Johnny and Suzie get good grades because God forbid their mommies and daddies pay for a tutor so their kids can get good grades... My parents paid for me one and I brought my grades up by 2 letter grades, minimum, in each subject that I was doing poorly in... At some point it isn't her responsibility. OVERALL, I do think she is doing a terrible job and if I had children I would be thankful they would go to EHS where the staff is a bit better.

kiwanisauditor 1 year, 11 months ago

Amp you are right on they would do anything to get rid of Mr Meadors. He is the teller of the truth and that is painful for some. He is also the one that will shoot straight with you and help flush out some of this mess.

UGAFan 1 year, 11 months ago

I wonder if the ACLU will offer free legal services to those who will have to defend themselves against this obivous frivolous lawsuit. Clayton, I think you may be onto something with your thoughts.

Maybe if LaQuanda would spend as much time working on improving her school instead of reading what people's opinions of her and her performance are, things would be better for her.

Mamajugs 1 year, 11 months ago

Silly stuff here. I work in an office and there are several on the hallway and we use computers and have access to computers and have profiles in common and post comments all the time on many issues from BOC to BOE to schools to city council. Why is she tying to limit free speech?

Megirl 1 year, 11 months ago

Who is most damaged? This woman or the kids at this important high school she is failing week after week?

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

Where is Dr. Mathews' comments on all of this? I wonder if he knew she was planning to sue because if not I suspect he is not happy. This is not good publicity for the NCSS. First Jeff Meadors and now us. Sad. Hopefully the Citizen stands its ground and hopefully a judge will review the case and throw it out since no defamation took place, and no apparent damages to her career stemming from the comments are evident. I suspect this is just an attempt to "weed out" the naysayers and expose them. Waste of time and money.

billyp66 1 year, 11 months ago

Absolutely ridiculous. I hope I am on the jury. Not Guilty. This is limiting free speech. This is a forum where people can post comments on a story. I have in the past have situations with administration and never been sued. Just wow.

UGAFan 1 year, 11 months ago

If I say I think she is ugly...will I be sued?

UGAFan 1 year, 11 months ago

HAHAHA.... I just read the other Covington News source all of your criminals post in the original article.... all I can say is this lady does not stand a CHANCE IN HADES of winning. I did not read one single statement that could be considered defamation or liable and shame on any attorney for taking this case.

newtoncountyparent 1 year, 11 months ago

First, fellow "defendants," congratulations! We must have really struck a nerve with our comments if, from among the hundreds posted, ours were selected as "defamatory." Had I known I was going to be quoted in a lawsuit, I would have paid closer attention to grammar and spelling. Also, I'd like to apologize for what feels like a very lame pseudonym compared to yours. Again, had I known I was going to be named in court and the press, I would have gone for something with more panache like amp72 and satan69. Well played, fellow defendants. Well played.

Second, Newton Citizen, I wonder if you will continue to protect the identities of "LaQuanda's Eleven" who felt secure in making comments in this forum because of the level of anonymity we are granted. What role does your moderator play in this last ditch effort to help land one person a judgeship and another a high paying job out of state? This will be very interesting to watch unfold.

Third, every fiber of my being wants to come forward, Dr. Carpenter, because I don't have it in me to remain anonymous. However, you should have to work for it, for something at least. If you won't or are unable to work in the capacity as a high school principal for which my tax dollars pay and which opens you to the criticism of your peers and public, then at least you can work to uncover the identity of the 11 people you have accused of defaming your name. And I have to ask- is this why you've been off campus so much this week? You've been filing a laughable lawsuit? That's certainly one way to prove your worth as a principal. Can you seriously wonder why the public takes to a forum to express displeasure with your job performance when you are rarely seen on campus and have now further impugned your name with what amounts to tattling?

Fourth, the burden of proof is on you here and, goodness knows, I'm no lawyer, BUT I'm confident I can prove that my statements are true. I called you unqualified and I stated that you mismanaged AHS. In my opinion (I still get to have those, yes?), you are unqualified. You have no experience in running a high school and it shows. The person who hired you may have deemed you qualified, but I do not. And I get to think that. And I get to share that with others here and elsewhere without fear of persecution because free speech. I also stated that you mismanaged the school. Under your "leadership," AHS has dropped to the lowest graduation rate in the county. That's just a fact.

ctownslimm 1 year, 11 months ago

How about instead of suing commenters, She find the lowest scoring kid in the school and begin mentoring them for the same amount of time she is spending on this lawsuit. I wonder how much working time she spends thinking and acting on this lawsuit. Lets just say 10 minutes a day. If she spent 10 minutes a day working with a high-risk kid, she could make a difference in our community.

HonestAbe 1 year, 11 months ago

Well said and played. This is the best comment i have ever read on any site. To the point. Sometimes the truth just hurts poor performing individuals

newtoncountyparent 1 year, 11 months ago

And finally, fifth, people of Newton County, see this lawsuit for what it is- a waste of our money, time, and resources; a pathetic attempt to deflect blame instead of doing one's job; and a last ditch effort to get Stephanie Lindsey elected and the Carpenters a job in Mississippi. We deserve high performing schools. Dr. Carpenter is failing us in her capacity as a principal at AHS. Despite the repercussions that will engulf my family once my identity is revealed, I'll make these statements again with my name in print for all to read. Why? Because this is the truth and we all know it.

MysticalRev 1 year, 11 months ago

“It’s not what people call you, it’s what you answer to.” Someone must have hit close to home.

Watermelonlover 1 year, 11 months ago

Hey you know what I like first of all let me say hello to all my future call mates. LOL I have to agree MysticalRev and Newtoncountyparent, we sure did strike a nerve. Wow can you imagine you all imagine they are going to need AHS gym to hold all of us criminals for speaking our mind. Just plain childish. There is nothing that was said that was ever slander, or defamation just the plain truth of the matter. However some can't handle the truth in written or verbal. I figure this I wasn't put here for everyone to like me and I think it is our jobs as parents to be concerned and when adimin isnt doing their job it's our job to tell it. Sorry that is how it is.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

I still don't see how any of this is defamation and as defined as something damaging to someone's career or reputation. If she is alleging that it prevented the hiring in Jackson then that is false too because several newspaper and electronic media accounts specifically say some people in Jackson aren't happy that they didn't include a Mississippi candidate or that neither candidate has experience in turning around a struggling district. The attorney would also have to prove that these comments on a website TRULY prevented someone from doing their job or getting a promotion. I don't know about you guys but I WISH I had that kind of power. Trust me, I don't. It seems the attorney is only interested in scare tactics and "outing" people. A sad state of affairs. I would like to hear some comments from someone versed in the law to see what kind of traction this thing might have. I just don't see it.

John 1 year, 11 months ago

amp72, Think you are getting a bit off track here. This suit is only by the AHS principal that is NOT seeking the position in MS but her spouse is.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

yeah I realize that but the reason I say that is because she specifically mentions how she was upset how her relationship was singled out. And if you read the other paper and the comments they highlighted several of them deal with his trying to get a promotion. I could see her trying to argue that he didn't get promoted because of comments on this site, which is foolish. But then again, all of this is foolish!

newtoncountyparent 1 year, 11 months ago

Amp72, if memory serves, Dr. D. Carpenter was turned down for three other positions. Those happened well before any of the comments listed in the lawsuit were made. They were written about in both our local newspapers. I also watched a news clip about the unhappiness of th Jackson BOE with no native Mississippians being represented in the final cut on candidates. Here's the thing- if someone has been turned down for three other jobs, how likely are our comments to be the cause of his being turned down for a fourth?

It's just absurd to accuse anyone of libel. It's like trying to make a spectacle over here, so we won't continue to look over there where the mess really is. Dr. L. Carpenter can name me in lawsuits all the live long day, but my eyes are still trained on AHS. As troublesome as that will prove for my family, I'm prepared to see this thing through a court date. I can't imagine a judge saying this lawsuit merits time in court, but I don't know how all of that works. If Dr. L. Carpenter wants to waste our time, money, and energy doing this, there is nothing we can do but indulge her. Obviously, the complaints of parents and employees as well as data about the school's performance mean less than this infantile lawsuit.

critThinker 1 year, 11 months ago

yes things may not be in the spot where most of u think it should and it is fair to have opinions but are u actually at the school(if it doesnt apply to you dont worry abt it). the food fight when i was sitting at the table eating lunch, the first one of the year it was made by a tiny group of people who instigated a food fight and most of the peopl in the cafeteria ran out and didnt participate.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

This is about more than a silly food fight.

critThinker 1 year, 11 months ago

One thing to understand is the media picks everything bad tht happens tht a small number of kids do and it amplifies it to more thn it is. I disagree with fighting but most people feel its neccesary to solve problems. No matter what is done abt it people will do wat they want to do and most kids have no respect or choose not to use it but if you are only presented with the negative part of the news of course you will feel this way. wat abt the kids in class who try to be quiet, understanding, smart respectful how often do the news get this. the truth is people go against the law( i dont agree with breaking the law) . it is not an opinion tht when u guys went to shcool that they were fights. these things are everywhere and jus because the news picks up young girls fighting over boys or disrespect from some students or a food fight th involved like at most like 15 ppl while everyone ran out to prevent ruining their clothes and the media overrepresents it on their articles doesnt mean she isnt doing her job why dont they ask kids like me how we think our school is. I would say it is an awesome school with nice teachers but of course it is corrupted by others who do not wish to follow just like in the rest of the world. before you get all wound up go to a neutral vantage point and think of both sides because i kno from being a kid and listening to elderly people or my parents talk about their childhood tht things have gotten very bad as a society. kids aernt what they used to be some of us are and the rest.........

Dalton 1 year, 11 months ago

I would say thanks for allowing me to post, but I'm afraid I'll be sued.

nc_citizen64 1 year, 11 months ago

I think this woman has lost it. The burden is on her to prove the comments were false. She also has to prove they have harmed her career. As far as we can see she has not been fired or demoted. As far as harming her future ..well she isn't up for another job or promotion as far as we know. Really her husband should sue her for harming his future career. Once the people in Jackson get wind of this they will want no part of this kind of crazy.

dennistay53 1 year, 11 months ago

My God, How stupid can a person get. I think the world can now see the problem with the Newton County school system. As a manager i was always told that if it got to hot in the kitchen to get out. The good property owers who pay taxes to run this school system deserve better, If anyone should be suing it ought to be the property owners who deserve better from the school administrators than i see here. I was going to vote for Mrs Lindsey but not now. Anyone who would take a stupid case such as this doesn't deserve a vote. Not only will my family not vote for her but i will actively encourage others not to.I'm sure the lawyers for the Newton Citizen will not turn over nothing they don't have to. How in the world can they teach our children at Alcovy about freedom of speech than go file a stupid lawsuit like this? I hope there is a judge in the Alcovy Judicial system who will uphold the laws on filing a fivorous lawsuit against this person.This will look so bad on Newton County when it hits the Atlanta TV market, but it will look even worse on the one filing this suit. Kudos to the people who exercise their freedom of speech by making comments. Kudos to this paper for allowing the normal citizens a venue for doing so. If your names do come out i will chip in, as i know others will to help you defend these stupid false charges. People, Newton County is going down the toilet unless we join together to get decent, caring people into elective office who will only hire good, decent, intelligent people to run our school system and county offices. I am tired of seeing newton county in the Atlanta news, most every night in a negative way. Freedom of speech is a constitutional right that we can not give up short oif the US supreme court.

dennistay53 1 year, 11 months ago

The more i read this story the madder i get. What she is really trying to do is stop our freedom of speech. She is hoping that by filing this stupid lawsuit that it will stop us from commenting on problems with our school systems. I just wonder who else in the sachool system might have put her up to this. I believe, just for filing this stupid lawsuit that she should be asked to resign.If you don't want the school system talked about in a negative way than you ought to fix the problems and not try to scare off comentators. We would much rather talk about what a great school system we have if you would just fix the problems or at least show that you are really trying.There are great kids in our school system and they deserve better than they are getting. If this hurts you than sue me because i am ready for the fight anytime anyone tries to hinder our right to free speech. I will debate anyone in this county about that right in any venue of their choosing.

Truckermother 1 year, 11 months ago

so what does this hope to gain? First nothing is libel. Second even if something was libel you have to prove the person knew it was false. How do you do that? Then you have to get a judge who wants to be re-elected to some day to put his/her name to a frivolous waste of our dollars - why doesn't this team get the ACLU to sue HER for attacking free speech and get the board member who was attacked for free speech to join in? There is no validity to this and I have read the entire suit this woman files frivolous litigation in our buildilng all the time and our courts are backed up. Here you have a school leader who has demonstrated a lack of preparation for this job and moves to deflect from her failures. I move to ask the Citizen to move to quash and I encourage judges not to waste our dimes and I will NOT vote for Lindsey for anything. These two have ruined their own careers.

JoanD 1 year, 11 months ago

Defendant Satan69: "Yep sounds like conflict of interest is the real problem from Alcovy to central - all systems down while students are not even able to meet with counselors at this school everyone is looking for jobs or gone on trips - I hope Boardwatch is looking at this school when graduation time comes around."

Many are getting jobs fast and getting out of this school. Water balloons go wild today as teachers leave. Many are taking sick days just to bear it until graduation day. Counselors will not meet with students nor call them back. Fact.

Where is her name in this at all? She claims libel and stress? Her name is not mentioned in the majority of these comments and when it is it is only mentioned as an identifier as the school principal.

Satan69 1 year, 11 months ago

her husband nor she have any grounds to complain about anyone hurting their job prospects - they did this to themselves having hired her who Bibb officials say were already dating and hiring nephews and her sister to teach in one of our elementary schools - conflicts like this ultimately hurt you - NCSS is not your personal employment agency

Kodaanddylansmom 1 year, 11 months ago

If I were the CEO of NCSS this woman would be in my opinion on the way out and fast for getting us this bad attention. What is wrong here? Defendant Blueeyeddevil: "Why has the school board allowed this conflict of interest to exist. I asked one and they told me the principals report to the superintendent. But principals make hiring decisions all the time and that hiring falls under the deputy superintendent so if that is the case then the whore hiring process is contaminated. Case in point would be that Alcovy High will have preferential hiring or prejudiced hiring in terms of possible nepotism with friends, relations and former counties (check the records even in maintenance) and family. I looked up with the GA School Assn and know of no other county where this conflict is allowed even if the law allows it."

Nothing here. . Opinion mainly with the fact of the GSBA. What is wrong with me, a teacher, calling the GSBA? Nothing. I do not live in a Communist state.

Beautifulblueeyes 1 year, 11 months ago

What is the problem here?
Defendant amp72: "...And she is crazy if she thinks they suddenly vanished. Another example of her brushing stuff under the rug to portray a positive image. That's all she is concerned about..."

Defendant amp72: "...AHS has been going down hill not just because of parenting but because the administration has no guts..."

Defendant amp72: "Bad news from Jackson. Word is they are not happy with either candidate, but especially Carpenter. Apparently people were upset before, and now even more after they read articles and comments in this newspaper. Apparently they were not impressed with this public forum or the fact that people here are ready to move him on

Let's look at comment one. We know that 3,000.00 of money just disappeared in 2009. We know that 350.00 of school money was spent on tequila in Florida and there are witnesses real close to AHS who will testify in court against the person who bought it. Can't wait to get this out there finally. We know these things were swept under the rug.

Comment two: True. The hallways are chaos. Students are treated differently based on whether their parents are in the sorority. The school has declined with lowest grad rate. Administration cannot handle it as it has gone too far with no central office intervention.

Comment three: A summary of an article from the Jackson MS Clarion Ledger? Libel? NOT.

Calisweetheart 1 year, 11 months ago

Can someone check with the Georgia Professional Standards Commission to see if a principal has a duty to protect the standards of the school by not involving herself in something like this that puts bad light on the school - this sounds like something SACS will be watching and it has brought a new piece of sunshine on the things going on at Alcovy High School.

Wildwomanoftigertown 1 year, 11 months ago

The Citizen is not a bunch of wimps. They won't cowtow to this stupidity. They have a degree of toughness go read the Gwinnett Daily Post the comments their make these look like Ozzie and Harriet.

Satan69 1 year, 11 months ago

Well I have got to say I think I want to sue because John Doe is someone who is dead and they can't identify. I'm very much alive. You know all I have to say is the I'm with you Dennis I get more upset the more I read this too. I just think if there is justifiable cause to sue people for things like slander then by all means feel free but this has to be the most ridiculous thing I have seen in quite a while. However if you think this is going to help the image that is already embedded in the brains of all million and a half Newton County people that have seen the actual mess taken place then maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.
We are acting for the kids, however others don't see that and they are being selfish and tossing lawsuits around like an everyday occurance. It is a shame really. Someone has to be their voice.

Littlemissmuffett 1 year, 11 months ago

The Newton Citizen are not a bunch of wimps. They won't turn over anything if the judge tosses it and what judge would support wasting courts' time with this. I will not vote for this lady running to be judge as this indicates how she would run Alcovy Judicial Circuit - here is your laughing stock times 2. And if it even went that far ISP addresses mean zip. Many family members use one computer. I post on a work computer that 10 other people use. I know people who post at the library so who cares and the problem with that is that you could implicate innocent people then Ms. Carpenter can be sued that is good. If you implicate innocent people whose computers are used by many users then she will owe BIG dollars

Jugsapoppin 1 year, 11 months ago

This heap a mess will bring much bad news to Newton and our schools. Top officials, stand up and reprimand this principal and now. THis makes us all look bad as a narrow minded county attacking freedom of speech. The ACLU has already been contacted as has the Metro Atlanta media so thanks Dr. Laquanda Brown Carpenter and your sister who teaches here and your husband and his nephew he hired - thanks a lot for this.

doubleaww 1 year, 11 months ago

I am contacting Dr. John Trotter of MACE to look at this attack on free speech

doubleaww 1 year, 11 months ago

How does she get away with having so many family members recently hired in Newton? Her sister teaches at an elementary school here. Her husband oversees Human Resources so Alcovy teachers are gridlocked with high blood pressure and more damages than she could ever have. His nephew works in maintenance and came to the job knowing nothing.

MissLoy 1 year, 11 months ago

The paper should move to quash there is no actionable commentary here at all only an attempt to create a smog to hide the failure of a leader.

MissLoy 1 year, 11 months ago

Well Satan you have a valid point, noone is going to forget the bad taste she has left in everyones mouth, and now she is deepening that hole she is so nicely digging herself into. When is she going to realize this is soley about one thing, the kids. Not her, not her husband just the job they should be doing and are not. It is complete distraction to our children for all of this chaos like they don't have enough going on. No they see this crap and along with the lack of ADMIN help at AHS this is not helping at all.

So lets take the pity party out of the equation and focus on the school, kids, and Teachers. So sue me for that to add i to the list.

Yallneedprozac 1 year, 11 months ago

I will NOT vote for Stephanie Lindsey. Take your signs and billboard down. I will NOT VOTE FOR YOU. I thought this was America and entitled to free speech? What happened to that.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

I urge you ALL to contact Dr. Mathews immediately and urge him to put a stop to this nonsense. This is making more of a mockery of the school system then any comments on a website EVER could.

mathews.gary@newton.k12.ga.us

Do it today. If she gets terminated or is forced to resign then it is from her own doing, not from the concerned citizenry of Newton County.

KBeet 1 year, 11 months ago

I wonder if the missing 350.00 spent on tequila at the Florida conference will come out in this.

Watermelonlover 1 year, 11 months ago

Per the GIS there are about 20,000 residents in District One. Of that number 8,000 have kids in school or are kids in school. Can we get 51% or more to sign a petition to have Governor Deal and the Attorney General look into the Open Records of Alcovy High School's finances from 2009 forward? I have 3 things I want them to look at.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

You don't need to go to all that trouble. Citizens can file an open request, for any sort of records including emails. All you have to do is request and they are required to submit. They may charge you copying fees but they are required to report all public records.

MsLoy 1 year, 11 months ago

I just contact the Atlanta media.

MsLoy 1 year, 11 months ago

PUMP UP THE AMP. AMP we are contacting metro media. Peeps we need to contact FOX, CNN, FOX 5 was at Newton High last week so let's get them here and MSNBC. Let's put her on the national media map for attacking FREE SPEECH. Neal Boortz too at WSB

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

And the next thing you know we'll have Al Sharpton and the NAACP here! LOL!

Covingtonian 1 year, 11 months ago

Ms.Lindsey we haven't met but my wife knows you and have spoken highly of you in the past. I had planned to vote for you to break up the good ole boy network, not now. You have shown me that you are not the answer. You have committed a (CLM) Career Limitting Move in my opinion. Now sue me.

KBeet 1 year, 11 months ago

Dear Public, Welcome to America. In America we have free speech. Check it out. It has made us a super power worldwide because through commentary and generation of ideas on public issues or those who thrust themselves into public work and are paid by taxpayer funded bankrolls. If you are a principal, board member, mayor, rock star, media host, football player - any of you. We have the right to comment on your work, your success at work, your failure at work, your using work hours to look for jobs as we pay those dollars. THIS IS AMERICA. Welcome. We are strong and don't give in to soap opera lawsuits backing up our courts.

MsLoy 1 year, 11 months ago

Hey KBeet that was not a conference where she bought tequila that was a STUDENT TRIP.

Satan69 1 year, 11 months ago

on the Rockdale site someone asked about privacy policy. There is one. I would not worry. I do not see the paper exposing anyone unless there is a threat to physical safety or clear damage like "you are a &*((&$."

There is none of that and if you look at sites around the country this is mild and childish. My opinion is that this is a very bad role model for children. Anyone can create anything on anyone's ISP address and anyone can add/post/edit/delete/tinker with and or change profiles, etc. She could bring people in to court who own a pc but have no knowledge of any commenting and if so i hope they SUE her and take her for everything she is worth.

Covingtonian 1 year, 11 months ago

amp72 why did you have to go there? It was totally uncalled for, you trying to make this a color issue not right or wrong. You are small minded.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

What are you talking about? The fact that I brought up Sharpton and the NAACP? How is that small minded? You know damn well that she and her attorney will make it a race thing, not me. If they haven't done so already.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

And I guess you'll sue me now too. Geez, so much hyper sensitivity these days.

sunshine 1 year, 11 months ago

Amp is very open-minded and i his comments make alot os sense! It's just the kind of world we live in!

KBeet 1 year, 11 months ago

A definition for the public good. Be good public this is the old man's buddy.
Question: Can an ISP or the host of the message board or chat room be held liable for defamatory of libelous statements made by others on the message board?

Answer: Not in the United States. Under 47 U.S.C. sec. 230(c)(1) (CDA Sec. 230): "No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider." This provision has been uniformly interpreted by the Courts to provide complete protection against defamation or libel claims made against an ISP, message board or chat room where the statements are made by third parties.

KBeet 1 year, 11 months ago

The old man would like to share some definitions of terms. Please read if you are learning law. Someone seems not to know law. Question: Is there a difference between reporting on public and private figures?

Answer: Yes. A private figure claiming defamation ? your neighbor, your roommate, the guy who walks his dog by your favorite coffee shop ? only has to prove you acted negligently, which is to say that a "reasonable person" would not have published the defamatory statement.

A public figure must show "actual malice" ? that you published with either knowledge of falsity or in reckless disregard for the truth. This is a difficult standard for a plaintiff to meet

Insdiejob2012 1 year, 11 months ago

The first scene on this video is from a recent incident at Alcovy. Notice how there is no one in a position of authority in the video as the girl is slammed into a drinking fountain. Leadership has lost control of this school. And this is from a popular website seen by millions of people.

ctownslimm 1 year, 11 months ago

Was that girl expelled? SHe should have been. OUt of the county schools for life.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

Nope, not expelled. And neither were the students who were found having "relations" in the woods behind the school. Back at school after a short vacation. Very few kids have been expelled or even sent to a formal hearing. The BOE has specific policies about dealing with major issues and many times the school did not follow those policies and instead went with their own. I know a teacher who reported students smoking IN THE HALL and nothing was ever done to them. Teachers have reported phones, purses, personal items stolen, cars damaged in the parking lots. Clear evidence is seen on surveillance. Nothing is done. I have heard from friends that a teacher was found to be having an inappropriate relationship with a student. You never heard about that in the papers, did you? Because he wasn't fired. The teacher later resigned after being told more than once to stop. Terminations make the papers, not resignations.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

And in addition to Dr. Mathews, please contact Mr. Jeff Meadors as well. It is time to put a stop to this madness and take back our schools!

Littlemissmuffett 1 year, 11 months ago

What does this hope to prove? My profile was created on a cell phone I don't own. I comment on the library computer. Other family members use the same profile to comment so are we all defendants now? Seriously how many more absences will it take to get this dealt with while we are testing like crazy this coming month and our testing is in bad shape, our ACADEX is null and void and our IF is ruled by wild behavior. Does Brown Carpenter realize what the public is going to learn about the history of club monies at this school it is shocking and education business partners can attest

Wildwomanoftigertown 1 year, 11 months ago

I have never heard of a school leader ruin her career by this kind of move. I am taking this judge candidate's sign OUT of my yard. This is not leadership. Courtrooms are for civil and criminal law. Most of these comments don't even refer to her or name her and the ones that name then or her say nothing bad. But Alcovy test scores are low, graduation rate is the lowest countywide and below the state of Georgia so the damages are hers on the kids. This school is a jungle chaos rules just spend some time there and you will see. Counselors won't return calls and won't meet with my children have not for months I had to go to the central office and that helped only a little. The hiring has hurt this school and if someone is not liked they have no recourse in Human Resources because husband runs that. WHAT SCHOOL BOARD allowed this to happen and why have you put our faculty in harm's way. Have you even paid attention to the teachers who have left this school resigned even this past week and retired early and left for Rockdale and left for private practice. I know for a fact this woman is out of the buildilng a lot and that is nothing but fact pull the attendance records but they like behavior records and teacher evaluation time stamps may not be accurate

JoanD 1 year, 11 months ago

Now i just don't understand this. My profile was set up on a different computer different ISP but I comment all the time and will continue to do so. Miss Carpenter this is America and if you want to govern society with the same element of harassment that teachers tell us goes on at the high school then you may need to rethinking being a principal. What about the idea of working WITH the public who pays your salary to arrive at solutions to make AHS a school to be proud of rather than ATTACK the public.

I will be happy to come to court and share a LOT about missing funds that are known about, differential treatment of staff by the Inner Circle, and the damages done to a wonderful lady who had to go on blood pressure meds because of you

Funbags78 1 year, 11 months ago

Vote Judge Ott for Alcovy Judicial Circuit this is the best PR any judge could get. Do you see what waste what trivia you will get if you vote otherwise? If this is the wisdom of someone wanting to be judge then we are in trouble Vote OTT

Funbags78 1 year, 11 months ago

OMG ya'll are commenting stop it stop it now. They are commenting in Rockdale, in New York, in Europe. STOP IT or I will sue you.

CBSfinder 1 year, 11 months ago

ON TODAY I will be suing the county.

Henrycounselor 1 year, 11 months ago

I just made my wife take down this womans I'm running for Judge of Alcovy Circuit sign down. DOWN it went.

Calisweetheart 1 year, 11 months ago

I have serious concerns about having a child in a high school where the entire focus is on drama filled litigation and not high test scores and high graduation rates my child is afraid to go down some hallways and in some bathrooms and begs me to get him out of here. Can we get a permissive transfer out of Alcovy High School will someone please post how we look in to that?

dennistay53 1 year, 11 months ago

If this suit was to scare us from making comments - You have failed mrs Carpenter and Mrs Lindsey. If i was one getting sued i would immediately counter sue to the 11th District Federal Court in Atlanta because what they are doing by filing this suit is to limit our rights to freedom of speech. As an attorney Mrs Lindsey should know that is wrong and that it is a federal issue. Any state judge getting this suit should immediately dismiss it for lack of jurisdiction.

Beautifulblueeyes 1 year, 11 months ago

For the good of the people. The public interest in being fully informed about controversies that often rage around sensitive issues demands that the press be afforded the freedom to report such charges without assuming responsibility for them."

Megirl 1 year, 11 months ago

My boss told me at work that my office was a laughing stock and I was being sorry. I would like to sue my boss. I would like to sue all of Newton County for bad roads in my neighborhood. I would like to sue the BOE for allowing Alcovy High to have the lowest graduation rate in the county and below the state and for having many incidences of behavior covered up inside the building records. I want to know more about the Kiwanis issues with the husband and I want to know more about the missing dollars

MissLoy 1 year, 11 months ago

I hate to say it and I'll probably be SUED but this pair have made a mockery of our courts, our schools, our kids and American free speech. A mockery. They represent in my OPINION suer people all that is WRONG with America by trying to shut people up and shut people down when they have exercised fear and harassment themselves. The very worse thing this principal wants is us coming in and talking about books, activity funds, alcohol, purchases, teacher evaluations and more. You could not have dreamed of a better way though to get all of this out in the news so SUE ME.

Yallneedprozac 1 year, 11 months ago

am asking the Citizen to look into all firings and forced resignations and transfers from 2009 to the present day (this week included) and find out what the performance evaluations look like for this high school - Alcovy. Is there exit interview data of meaningful value?

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

I doubt you will find any exit interview data because I don't think they were given exit interviews. There are several good teachers forced to resign or were fired because they had the nerve to express their First Amendment rights.

Satan69 1 year, 11 months ago

I agree. If the Citizen even gives this the time of day by the time limit they should single out each one and if there is nothing to it quash them commenter by commenter. I looked at all 11 and find ZERO of any merit for defamation. MsLoy - not one libel word. amp72 - total opinion mixed with summary of Jackson Public story. spracer - a plea for intervention - no libel. newtoncountyparent - mentions "unqualified" (you tell me does someone with no prior high school exp in high schools hired to lead a school this size sound qualified to you? this is pure fact. Watermelonlover - pure opinion his/her take on laziness. Who could not agree with lowest performing grad rates. KBeet - true and we all know the number of days missed. Was absent last Thursday and all true. Blueeyes and blueeyedeveil - purely asking questions and summarizing feelings from another county. Satan only states her child cant get a counseling vi

3girls4 1 year, 11 months ago

I do not have a student that attend this HS, however they do attend a newton county school and if everyone is saying it. There is some truth to it. Its about time that we as parents start speaking up. We need to show up at these broad meetings and let them know we are not standing for this behavior anymore. Newton County school system is one of the worst school system. I love were I live but the school system here in this county sucks and needs much improvements.

Satan69 1 year, 11 months ago

Is it true that this woman is threatening to sue and fire teachers who use free speech? Did she try to sue and fire people Friday? We need to know. Citizen before you reply to this silly mess please investigate. Where is the leadership on this? Where are the voices of officials? Why out of 25 schools is the the constant problem?

Crazyhooker99 1 year, 11 months ago

I looked at my property tax bills. 70 percent - SEVENTY - go to schools in this county. SO this woman is going to sue me or us and we pay for every paper clip in her office and for her salary? I. do. not. think. so. Sue her for killing property values with leadership that has plummeted this school to the lowest in the county, highest crime, lowest test scores, lowest grad rate, highest transfer rate of employees and most problems. SUE YOU BABY. And guess what I am not even on a computer that I own so find me if youc an

CBSfinder 1 year, 11 months ago

Wow Steph I hope it is worth it your signs are falling like rain.

Henrycounselor 1 year, 11 months ago

I am calling for the GBI to investigate the missing 3000.00 from 2009 and the other missing monies we all know bout

KBeet 1 year, 11 months ago

This is Satan's girlfriend.  He is gonna SUE U BACK when you haul him in to court becuase I use his ISP.  How fun is that.  he will sue you lady.

MsLoy 1 year, 11 months ago

can someone do an Open Records on this lady's attendance since August of 2011?  Good morning fellow defendants there are nearly 120 of us now on many ISPs.  We will pack the court room Linda are you ready for us?

JeffMeadors 1 year, 11 months ago

Dear Citizens, since this article appeared the volume of emails I have received is currently overwhelming, especially since many of your emails have legal documents attached to them from past and present employees. I answer to the voters and as the district board representative for Alcovy High let me first tell you that I will read all of your emails, the attachments to them, the documentation provided, and I will respond to you. I thank you for your interest in helping me to make schools work. In short, I hear you and I will communicate with you. I also ask you to join me at my May 10th public forum on Finance & Accountability based on my 4/25/12 GSBA training in Macon, Georgia. This event will take place at 7 p.m. in the Eastside High School auditorium, a venue closer to town at the request of parents who work outside of Newton. Please feel free to contact me with questions about the forum or about schools at jeffrey.meadors@gmail.com

I am proud to serve you.

Jeff Meadors District One Board Representative Newton County BOE jeffrey.meadors@gmail.com

newtoncountyparent 1 year, 11 months ago

Mr. Meadors, I thank you for your public service and I thank you for responding here on this thread where so many employees are forced to go to voice their concerns. They feel they can't go to the board office because the principal is married to the deputy superintendent. Parents are also forced to post on this website because they feel their concerns fall on deaf ears at the school. I think we are very lucky to have you as our board representative. You have been a lone voice in this whole mess, speaking out against corruption and bad practices within our school system. You are not afraid to stand up for our children and our schools. Thank goodness! Please, take those emails and documents to Dr. Mathews. Be a voice for those teachers, parents, and students who have no way of talking for themselves in this situation.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

Agreed! And I urge all of you to take your concerns to Dr. Mathews and the BOE as well. I know Mr. Meadors is doing what he can but nothing speaks volumes like dozens of concerned parents. The BOE answers to the voters and Dr. Mathews' job is to take action to turn around underperforming schools. Even if it weren't for this frivolous lawsuit or problems with management, the performance of the school academically and the number of arrests recently should be enough to make change.

Kodaanddylansmom 1 year, 11 months ago

I am devoted every day until the election to stopping this woman from becoming Judge in Alcovy Judicial Circuit.  I will be making sure no one votes for her and her signs are removed from every yard.  I will take copies of this lawsuit garbage with me to prove why she is not fit to represent any public.  She will support suing the public so she cannot represent the public.   I ask EVERY former employee of Alcovy High to sign up under an alisa if you want and post comments explaining the detailed wrongdoings to you at Alcovy High since 2009.  Laughing stock too harsh for you lady I see in your complaint?  Baby you got it.  Nearby counties are laughing over beer about this article with it in they hands.

Yallneedprozac 1 year, 11 months ago

I want an investigation launched by the Newton County Sherriff into the alleged missing 3,000.00 and start by interviewing past and former bookkeepers and current assistant principals.  This principal knows about this and knows it was not accounted for.

Teedoffparent 1 year, 11 months ago

why would there be a need to prove anyone knew something was false  before they said or wrote it - there is nothing here that is nothing but opinion - i can tell you this i will not vote for Lindsey for any Judge job this woman stop up our court system with hooey like this she might as well take down her website

HonestAbe 1 year, 11 months ago

I have taken the time to read all of the comments that Mrs Carpenter and Mrs Lindsey are basing their lawsuit on as being deflamation and Libel. Their claims are baseless and false. I believe this is to be an attempt by someone trying to curtail these commenters right to freedom of speech and this papers freedom of the press. This paper has moderators who review comments before posting. It is a very experienced neutral paper with experienced reporters who know what they are doing. I have had comments that they did not post,and after re reading them i could see why. even though Mrs Carpenter is not an elected official , elected school board does have final say so on her employment and she is a PUBLIC figure by the design of her position. If this case was to be sucessful it would be the same as Mitt Romney saying President Obama is a poor president is libel, or President Obama saying Mitt Romney would make a poor President because he is rich or Morman is slanderous. I am a firm believer in the Constitution as was simply written by our forefathers. The problem in America now is when certain individuals and Attorney, and judges try to change the constitution with cases such as this. You should not accept a public job if you do not want to hear bad things about your job performance. Taxpayers and citizens of this county or any county should and do have the right to comment in open forum , individual or concerted as a group as to their beliefs of how their public school system or government is operating . Mrs Carpenter or any public figure also has that right. Many,many, editorals have been printed in this paper from politicans and public figures. I do believe that mrs carpenter has had the the chance to express her opinions in this forum the same as the ones she is suing. I would advise Mrs Carpenter to drop this case immediately because there is no upside for her to continue. Just the numbers of comments here should show that when you attempt to curtail Freedom of speech Americans are waken up no matter what your political views are. If this goes forward i believe the defendants will have the best case if it moves to the Federal Judicial system which would be certain with the right constitutional attorney firm.I encourage all my commenter friends to continue to exercise their freedom of speech rights by commenting on their views as they see fit with understanding for each others seperate and maybe different views.

ctownslimm 1 year, 11 months ago

She claims that she has "experienced enormous suffering and damage to her reputation in the community and to her trade or profession as a result of the website postings." I would like to know what "suffering" she has experienced. Is she in trouble at work? Are people mean to her? I just don't understand how angry parents stating that the school is out of control has caused her "suffering". Is she in trouble with the county? I just think of all the public figures that have to deal with people magazine and the photographers daily and they cant sue. This needs to be thrown out by the judge.

Billy 1 year, 11 months ago

LOL, yet another person who mistakenly believes that they are entitled to a free job without regard to performance. As already stated several times above, if this person was properly performing her job there would be NO PLACE for criticism. A countersuit should be filed against her if a judge is worthless enough to allow this case to proceed. Also, fund raising for the defendants would be in order if it does go to court, which I doubt will ever happen. My kid would never go to public school; bullies, drugs, unchallenging curriculum, immoral sex ed, plus stereotypical gov't employees thrown on the heap. No thanks. Good luck ever getting this into court, hypocrite--you're going to need it...

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time to get even more aggressive. Dr. Mathews, by his unwillingness to comment and act, is apparently OK with the school having a negative image and with under performing year after year. If you or your children feel unsafe and feel like Alcovy is not improving then please contact reporters at the local newspapers and the AJC. It is time to shine even more light on this situation. Teachers at AHS have been called in this week and some have resigned, some have been fired. If the leadership in this county won't voluntarily do their jobs and take action then it's time to force the issue in the papers and the media. It would be one thing if the school excelled in AYP, test scores, and graduation rates but that is not the case. That alone should be enough to catch someone's attention and make some changes. Add to that the fact that teachers and parents are being bullied and threatened for speaking out and you have a real problem. You can't force people to respect you. By filing lawsuits, you only alienate people even more and can never regain any respect you may have once had. Dr Mathews, step in and do your job! BOE, step in and do your job! We have the power of recall and we can make it happen.

bartsimpson 1 year, 11 months ago

Just from experience with another principal in the county, exit interviews mean nothing to the NCSS. Unfair and false teacher evaluations have been a tool each principal had at their disposal to rid themselves of teachers they did not like. Understand, these were excellent, well qualified and succesful teachers. Assets to our system. On numerous occasions unjustified reviews have been brought to the HR department at NCSS and not once has any reasoning or recourse been offered for those teachers involved. Principals just don't offer renewed contracts to teachers and they don't have to offer any reason for doing so. Alcovy High School is not alone in personnel issues. I agree that dismissed teachers should be interviewed and given justification of their dismissal, but they are not. Sorry to say this, but again from experience, principals seem to be untouchable in this school system. South Salem alone has had nearly 20 teachers request transfers to another school solely based on bad leadership this year. A pattern that has continued each year and carried over from another elementary school led by this principal. Having confronted NCSS HR and the BOE about this, nothing was done then and don't be surprised if nothing is done now. Principals seem to be accountable to no one in this county.

Satan69 1 year, 11 months ago

Meadors begged them to pull HR away from Carpenter but had little help.  It would have helped.

UGAFan 1 year, 11 months ago

Hey on a positive note, I did see someone who appeared to be Mrs Lindsey driving down the road yesterday and she appeared to be Texting and Driving!!!! I did get a little chuckle.

newtoncountyparent 1 year, 11 months ago

She is SO going to sue you for that statement, UGAFan!

Grandcanyon 1 year, 11 months ago

At this point folks this is really up tot he Newton Citizen. They can wait until the judge determines the value of this. Then they can go one by one and offer any ID that has a basis for harm or malice. I don't see it. The paper already has a built in way for complaints to " suggest removal". Like having a landing page this protects complaintant and if she did not use this option then she must not have cared. Sounds to me like someone had a breakdown on the week before JPS was coming to town.

If an ID is given it means nothing. Please use ISP's from all over, work, libaries, handsets, Ipads they don't own, and the list goes on.

This will bog courts and bog courts and bog courts when we have murders, thefts, vandalism (check out the Alcovy high bathrooms) and real crimes.

I have been talked about in the paper before and the first thing I say is "How can I do better?" I don't sue the very people who pay my income.

Henrycounselor 1 year, 11 months ago

Can both local papers contact teachers who complain that discipline referrals DISAPPEAR at this school and are handled differently based on who the student is or what they look like????

AmazedByStupidity 1 year, 11 months ago

Actually, this happens at other schools as well. I know of a middle school where one girl, in multiple fights, was allowed to continue on the cheer squad. Interestingly enough, her aunt was also a teacher at that school. Another girl, on that same squad, mouthed off at her bus driver, and was immediately dismissed from the squad. Interestingly enough, she had no BOE relatives. Incidents of violence are routinely shoved under the rug, all in the name of getting that precious passing AYP status.

Elmo 1 year, 11 months ago

The simple fact that these posts appear is a direct results of some sort of "damaged reputation" in itself. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, chances are, it's a duck! If you spent half the effort on self-improvement as you do trying to silence your detractors, you'd be a better person, and maybe a better principal. Grow up, we don't need "children" teaching "children".

MsLoy 1 year, 11 months ago

If I tell you that she told a teacher on Friday to resign or be sued and fired will I be sued?  I am contacting the Professional Standards Commission on this woman.  THis is not how teacher evaluations are done in Georgia.  Public contact the state superintendent since no one is doing anything:  (404) 651-7358,

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

You won't get sued because that is a fact. And I know of two teachers from a couple of years ago who were run out of there much the same way because they exposed a testing scandal. Also the truth. All of this will come out, especially if she foolishly proceeds with this lawsuit.

AmazedByStupidity 1 year, 11 months ago

How many kids of the essentially fired teachers are borderline on passing the EOCTs? Seems like pretty poor timing on someone's part to let these kids down. Not naming any names on who "someone" is. I'll let you guess.

HonestAbe 1 year, 11 months ago

Matthews has stated that he knew nothing of this court filing until after it happened. I wonder if this is true? I wander if Mrs carpenter is working alone in this filing? I wonder if any of the board members who have been taking the heat from this forum is in someway involved with this court filing? Did any know ahead of time and try to talk her out of it? This is election year- Is this a move to stop negative feedback against the current school system by any board members or school management? Has any of the Commentors who are named in this John Doe suit expressed an interest in running for the school board? If so i know from experience that the good ole boys will do every thing poosible to stay in control. This would be a good way to stop someone from defeating them- getting them tied up in court. I am simply asking the tough questions that need to be responded to. Is this judge candidate taking this case to get her name out in the open? Will the school board allow special outside sources investigate what is going on here? Will the ones mentioned in my questions respond back to these questions in this forum.? Or e-mail their answers to me at Honest1Abe1855@yahoo.com. You can tell by the number of comments here that this is a serious sitution affecting more and more of our community and answering these questions in this forum would come closer to resolving this. Funny- nwhen you believe freedom of speech is being violated it doesn't matter if you are a democrat, republican or the color of your skin, age or religion, no one wants this right to be stepped on. Thank you Mr Meadors for responding and tring to get some answers. I am calling on my 3rd district board member to do the same.

Whattttttt 1 year, 11 months ago

MsLoy, are you serious?? THAT HAPPENED TO A TEACHER FRIDAY???

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

Yep. It has happened more than once the past three years.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

I wonder what the mood is like at Tiger Town ON today, now that everyone knows teachers are resigning or getting fired and people realize how ridiculous all of this is. I would be putting on my aluminum foil hat so they can't read my mind!

FairMinded 1 year, 11 months ago

I consider myself fair minded, and am new to blogging, but I have had all I can stand. A teacher, in an effort to do the correct thing, came forward Friday and admitted to having posted 1(one) anonymous comment on the Newton Citizen web site. This person was placed on immediate leave, told to clean out the class room, and use the time to look for a job. Indicating that after the leave this person would not be coming back. I believe it was an error in judgment for a teacher to blog, even truthfully, about the school and the job, but isn’t honesty, and taking responsibility for your actions, what we are trying to teach our children. I know this person has the children’s best interest at heart and cares deeply for them. I pray Dr. L Carpenter’s effort in a witch hunt does not cost this person’s livelihood.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

I agree. And everyone is allowed errors in judgment and deserve a chance to correct it. Besides, NCSS made an error in judgment when hiring someone with no high school experience to lead a school that requires strict discipline and attention. Others should not suffer because of this error in bad judgment on the part of NCSS.

AmazedByStupidity 1 year, 11 months ago

I would think in this case, the teacher should sue for wrongful termination. This is very clearly a case of retaliation. Sue for her job, or sue for someone to be out of theirs. Very simple.

bartsimpson 1 year, 11 months ago

Again, Alcovy High School is not alone in biased leadership! Evaluate every principal in the NCSS and hold them accountable for every decision they make, particularly in regards to teacher dismissals and evaluations. If an administrator is incapable of making fair and consistent judgements, abuses authority and shows any favoritism at all, remove them from their position. I tell you all from an insider's vantage point, Alcovy's leadership problem is only the tip of the iceburg. Dr. Matthew's, talk to and listen to your teachers!

Whattttttt 1 year, 11 months ago

I've read all these post. After this event, where the principal is choosing litigation, I went back to previous articles that I could find concerning negative press and AHS. I read for myself each piece and the comments. Not one comment / blog deemed a firing offense. Reallllllyyyy??? Is that a school or Russia????? In my profession, if there was enough complaints coming from clients, the CEO would come unannounced and go through our company starting at the management level and find out what is going on. Sounds to me like that Matthews guy needs to do some checking on a lottttttttt of stuff.

JeffMeadors 1 year, 11 months ago

Thank you for your response and comments.

It is unfortunate when things like this distract us from the one goal that matters: student success. As public leaders we are all open to public scrutiny and commentary. Personally, I expect it and I grow from it. With new business and industry looking at Newton at the present, and with many unsung successes in more than 20 school buildings, it is my hope that we can redirect our eyes to the prize of student achievement. Situations like this do not promote educational and community prosperity or leadership that is helpful to Newton’s workforce development.

Jeff Meadors Newton BOE jeffrey.meadors@gmail.com

sunshine 1 year, 11 months ago

Well well i had to make a decision to put my son in a private school because he refused to go to Alcovy! As a single parent it is hard to pay for school but i did it anyway. I was in doubt about it at first but since the start of the school year i get contacted about once a week from friends of mine wanting information about the private school! Just look at the attendance drop rate since the beginning of the school year, it will confirm everything. Each day i hear more and more negativity about Alcovy and it is sad. As a tax paying citizen it does make me mad that i cannot send my kid to a public school because of lack of leadership! I am proud to say that my son is still an honor roll student and learns more and he loves the school because of the discipline is strict and he actually learns! Dr. Matthews you need to step up and recongnize! So blessed that my son does not attend Alcovy!!!!

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

Contact the newspapers and Dr. Mathews directly. And get your friends to do the same. The papers want to hear from parents like you, who do not want to send their kids to this school. The papers will protect your anonymity. (Sad I have to say that, isn't it?)

Newton1 1 year, 11 months ago

I just posted the link to this article on Facebook....so, who gets sued now- the Newton Citizen, Facebook, me, Mark Zuckerberg, Newton County, Bill Gates, etc.? Just wondering, you can't be too careful with free speech nowadays.

ShannonBlack 1 year, 11 months ago

I find it a shame that we cannot as humans voice an opinion with out being threatened to be sued. I do however remember where I live which I thought was America. I figure this if you in the Public eye know that everyone will not like you and that is plain and simple facts. It is a part of life and as horrible as it is we have the right as people to not like someone and voice freely about the school that our children attend and when it isn't being done right we also have the right to voice that as well. We need some serious help over there and unfortuately Mrs Carpenter your the figure in authority so we are looking at you for answers that we as parents aren't getting. Now this isn't a personal attack it i'm just saying that this is why the parents are going nuts they want to know WHY.

Instead we get threatened for voicing an opinion!!! I'm sorry to say not everyone is always going to like you, me either for that matter we just have to deal with it and do what we need to but the way to do it is not sue every Newton County parent for concerns about the way their school is being run. That is a complete shame. Discouraged Parent of the county someone please help the school.

Satan69 1 year, 11 months ago

I hear that loud and clear Shannon and it is too bad that one of the elected individuals that is on the crap list they call it is me. I'm sorry that I am a concerned parent and that I have reason to voice that AHS is going bad quickly, the fights, the police, arrest being made and the complete distraction that there is. These kids along with their parents have a reason to be upset and I don't blame not one of us for standing up for that right. What exactly is happening over there? Kids don't even want to go to school now. What about them and their future and the way they feel about this. How about asking them how they feel instead of trying to sue their parents for speaking out. I think that you had a great point Shannon. Common people speak up for your right to free speech.

nc_citizen64 1 year, 11 months ago

The central office is aware of the performance of this administrator. hey considered moving this administrator to EHS to give the administrator a chance to be successful.

AmazedByStupidity 1 year, 11 months ago

NO NO NO. EHS is a good school. Don't let it fall into ruin from the actions of an inept administrator!

sunshine 1 year, 11 months ago

Why in the heck would you want to ruin another school?

ShannonBlack 1 year, 11 months ago

Hey I am MsLoy and KBeet so find me and sue me.  Oh by the way my profiles were both created on an elected officials compooter.

Da_big_1 1 year, 11 months ago

You know with this being the talk of the town at Alcovy, I noticed something.

On one side you have those who want nothing more than for both Dr. Carpenters to be out of Covington, out of the schools, heck out of a job altogether and out on the street. Most of the people on this side follow one of a few criteria

1) They are students or parent of a student who attends AHS and they are NOT in AP classes, ARE in ISS every other week, barely getting by with Ds-Cs or failing altogether.

2) They are students or parents of students who have DROPPED OUT of AHS (because being a dropout is just SO MUCH BETTER than attending big bad Alcovy)

3) They are students, parents of students, or 'concerned citizens' who DON'T GO TO AHS EVERYDAY

On the other side are those who are more or less on Dr. Carpenter's side. They too meet a few criteria:

1) Students or parents who are AP/ Honor Roll students who maintain straight As or an A/B average

2) They are teachers and administrators at AHS who go to work, do their jobs well and have an amazing reception from other students and colleagues whom they work with.

3) Students or parents of students who attend Alcovy every day and know the difference between what really goes on within the walls of Alcovy and students wanting attention and needless pity.

I align myself with the latter side

NO I don't think Dr. Carpenter will win this case to be honesty but THIS NEEDS TO STOP

It's one thing to constructively criticize someone in an adult manner to have them improve on their job.

It's something else entirely to make blatant and slanderous statements about one's family and character based upon nothing more than mere rumors and heresay within the community.

You want to know WHY Dr. Matthews isn't commenting on this issue? Because the allegations most of you are making are just as I have said: Blatant. Slanderous. Not based on any factual information (and if it is, surely you can get reliable proof?). What teacher does outside of school is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. It does not even BECOME your business unless YOUR CHILD (who actually attends AHS and NOT Eastside or Newton) is missing the primary objective of school altogether: TO GET AN EDUCATION.

Yes, I know I'm going to get replies saying how "I don't know my facts" and I honestly don't care, but the REAL fact is that most of the teachers, staff, faculty, students, etc. who actually have any sense would tell you that, for the most part, Alcovy is really NOT THAT BAD!

On a similar note, why is it whenever an issue in ANY of Newton County's high schools arises Alcovy is to blamed? Are Eastside and Newton just absolutely PERFECT schools to attend and Alcovy is just condemned to be horrible for all eternity??? I find that hard to believe...

sunshine 1 year, 11 months ago

i am a parent of ALcovy and had to pull my son out because he hated it that bad! He is an honor student and a very popular kid, plays sports and everything! You question if Eastside and Newton are perfect? They are in a better position because they have leadership. I dont care about her reputaiton i want my son to have an education! Look at the transfers from ALcovy this year and it will prove the facts! Signed by a very proud parent that has to put her son in private school!!!!!!! Sad!!! i am gald to see that she has one fan in her club!!

Da_big_1 1 year, 11 months ago

May I ask, which Private School? Because while there are some reputable private institutions in the area, there 's one in particular (alpha omega) that most of the transfers have gone to because you only have to go to school two days a week and the work is not at all rigorous. Plus "transfer: could also mean that said "transfer" dropped out (I'm one senior in a graduating class of about 250 that started with a class of over 400 in 2008).

And yet you call yourself "A parent of Alcovy" yet your child DOESN'T EVEN GO THERE! How long has it been hmm? A month? A year? More? My point is what I said in my post: If your child doesn't go, they don't know what goes on outside of what they read on facebook (which then begs the question of why they believed a rumor about a school they don't even go to on FACEBOOK).

And how do you know your son isn't just blowing things out of proportion? THE STUDENTS are EXPERTS at doing just that, and they're the ones who start these ignorant comments about the school, the principal, other students, etc.

Lastly, "fan club"? Go personally talk to the teachers, staff and students that attend Alcovy. They'd agree that Alcovy is not all that bad of a school to be in, and if it is, it's only because of a select population of students that get publicity an that goes into aspects the media uses to keep us watching (IE: Why WSB covers a shooting in Atlanta and not a Charity Event,etc.) and that's a-whole-nother conversation altogether.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

You couldn't be more wrong. How do I know? Well let's just say I have first hand, direct experience with it. And feel free to contact me because for every one teacher or parent who is satisfied, I can give you 50 teachers, students or parents who are not. Read the newspapers. Duh. It IS "that bad." And I know this for a FACT. I do have reliable proof. And you left out several people from your first list, know-it-all. What about the people who work there and go there every day and do their jobs well, or at least try, but can't because the place is out of control and teachers are scrutinized for petty little things? What about that? You are fere to share your opinion, but it's plain wrong.

Da_big_1 1 year, 11 months ago

Firstly- Show me documented and reliable evidence that Alcovy is just SOO BAD.

Secondly- "...for every one teacher or parent who is satisfied, I can give you 50 teachers, students or parents who are not".

To the teachers, I can tell you most of them who have nothing but bad things to say about Alcovy probably don't enjoy their jobs PERIOD; regardless of where they teach. I've had these types of teachers in the past, and they don't teach to better educate me or my fellow students. Either these teachers are apathetic to their jobs altogether, or they're apathetic to the classes they have "lost control of" and to that I ask these teachers: just what DID you do to take control of the class? I know most experienced teachers at AHS will tell you that if you can't control a classroom, that's on you (referring to the teacher)

To the students, well first off the students have no right to complain because they're given a FREE education and second off these students are not in the upper-echelon of scholastics. I see it every day on facebook and hear about it every day in the halls, and I can tell you from MY personal experience AS OF A FEW HOURS AGO that those who complain about Alcovy (and there are not that many) are NOT at Alcovy to get an education. They are there to do other things and that DOES NOT fall under Dr. Carpenter, much less the ENTIRE ADMINISTRATION'S dicretion: it's THE PARENTS

Which finally, brings me to my last point

To the parents, how much do you believe you're child hmm? If I told some parents their child was failing a class or doing drugs outside of school or sleeping around with every person they see, 99% of parents would outright deny it EVEN IF THEY KNOW IT'S TRUE. The parents of ANY STUDENT at ANY Newton County School need to to understand that perhaps maybe, JUST MAYBE it's their child's fault they did something wrong. Not the teacher's. Not the administration's. Not another student's. THEIRS. These parents make me SICK because their 'first hand, direct experience' is just that one little incident ("Oh Mommy and Daddy I'm failing!" or "Oh Mommy and Daddy so and so made fun of me!" or "Oh Mommy and Daddy I got suspended!") leads to a not very effective solution ("Okay Johnny we'll take you out of Alcovy!") which leads to an assumption not made based on any facts whatsoever (It's all that Dr. Carpenter's fault! Her ON TODAY and ON TOMORROW is affecting the students and making them EVIL!")

You don't go to Alcovy. You don't know what happens. I'm a senior at AHS, and I AM, and WILL ALWAYS be PROUD to be called an ALCOVY TIGER!

You wanna improve the schools:

IMPROVE THE PARENTS

Because really, if you get the Carpenters thrown out of Covington, out of the schools and even out on the street, what good is that REALLY going to do?

Because if she really is as bad as you say she is (and she isn't, but hypothetically) who was it who hired her in the first place?

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

You're assuming a lot of things even though you don't know who I am. I'll just leave it at that. I'm glad you're happy with AHS and your principal but you're outnumbered and I DO have first hand knowledge. Again, I'll just leave it at that.

What is it really going to do? It will give the BOE a chance to put a strong, proven leader in charge of a school without a lot of potential. A leader who won't waste county time and reputation by filing stupid lawsuits. A person who focus on academics and discipline instead of image and reputation.

Who hired her in the first place? Well, you tell me. How long has she known her husband? Hmmmmmm...... I don't know.....

Da_big_1 1 year, 11 months ago

1- Since we're on the subject of assuming things you assume quite a bit about Alcovy even though you don't go there and (assuming you have kids) they don't go there. Or perhaps you are the parent who's had a bad experience at Alcovy because of your child? How was it Dr. Carpenter's fault exactly? You know come to think of it there are teachers on here and if any teacher shares your feeling why don't they get a transfer to another school?

I have not a clue when Dr. Carpenter began dating her husband I personally think it was after she got the job because I did not here any word from anyone in the community about her dating the deputy superintendent until the beginning of my junior year almost a year and a half ago (August 2010) and she didn't even begin her tenure as principal until the 2009-2010 school year ONE YEAR BEFOREHAND

On that note, why do you care? It's none of our business what she does unless she hinders the education of the student body which she has not done.If you know when they started dating why are you snooping around in business that isn't yours?? Even if nepotism was involved, Dr. D. Carpenter is only one man on the NCBOE. Already you have Mr. Meadors and Dr. Matthews and other board members I don't know the names of who would nip the bias in the bud and even if they didn't outbalance the bias, why aren't they?

Never once did I say she would win this lawsuit; in all honesty it's pretty much a waste of her precious time but all 11 are you are BULLYING her. As I said in my first comment, It's one thing to constructively criticize someone in an adult manner to have them improve on their job and It's something else entirely to make blatant, ignorant and slanderous statements about one's family and character based upon nothing more than mere rumors and heresay within the community.

That's EXACTLY what all of you are doing! No documented evidence of any professional (let alone personal) allegation against the Carpenters.

And you know what, I may be outnumbered, but those on my side actually go to the school as a student or a teacher and most of those teachers have been teaching there for years (and will continue to teach there for years to come)

What's so sad is you wanna talk about "setting the example for our kids" think of the example YOU are all setting. You're ADULTS and all you can think of to do is BULLY this woman and her family?!?!!!

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

Like I said, your opinion. That's fine. As far as the nepotism stuff, are you really that clueless as to how it works? If your spouse is in charge of hiring and firing people and you have dozens of employees below you then wouldn't you theoretically be able to do whatever you want? I'm just saying, isn't it possible? That's why it's a big deal and most definitely peoples' business. I don't care what people do in their personal lives but when it potentially affects hundreds of people then we have a problem. It's why most companies and government agencies forbid nepotism. Because it does potentially lead to problems and conflicts of interest.

I will say this, I can respect your opinion as a student because you are a student and are in the building but how do you know I'm not? And I will also say that as a student you are not aware of many things and the many layers here. That's just the reality. That's not your fault, it's just the way it is. Sort of like citizens might think they know what is going on in their government because they are involved in it, but they are really clueless about what is REALLY going on. And that's not their fault.

I don't think people expressing an opinion in what is the only available and reasonable outlet is "bullying." I could share with you plenty of examples of actual bullying but I don't want to get sued again and be forced to prove its accuracy. Because then it will really get ugly.

AmazedByStupidity 1 year, 11 months ago

It's so cute how you think your school experience is so great. If you weren't at AHS you would know the difference between a school where parents are afraid to send their teens, and a great school, where parents do whatever is necessary to send their teen.

bartsimpson 1 year, 11 months ago

Are we forgetting one notable problem here........ Deputy superintendent Carpenter hired, supervises and evaluates his own wife! How is this allowed?

HonestAbe 1 year, 11 months ago

A teacher who made a blog, came forward to be honest about it was put on paid leave by the plaintiff in this case. Yet Mr Matthews say's it's a pity but the law has to run it's course. Mr Matthews what you need to do is grab this bull by the horns. You have an employee who files legal action against citizens who care about your school system (their school system) and do the only thing they can to get their voices heard. From what you say she filed this action without your knowledge, even though it seriously involves Newton County School System. If this has to run it's course you or the board need to put Mrs Carpenter on paid leave, until this has run it's course through the legal system. I'm sure you have someone who you can put in this position temporary from another school with no additional expense for the taxpayers. I'm sure the school lawyers, if they were to be honest would tell you this is a baseless case. It,s time to move forwards and give these children the support they need. If this is allowed to continue to fester it will blowup to the point it can't be corrected. You owe this to yourselves, the children, the teachers, as well as the property taxpayers such as myself who are paying the bills for this school system. It's time to do the right thing for the community, even if personal sacificies have to be made.

KBeet 1 year, 11 months ago

ok so something is very illegal here this lady who was put on leave was forced to do so by revealing she wrote a silly comment and she is told to go work someplace else next year but i won't sue you now - this principal - human resources relationship is creating bad things

Crazyhooker99 1 year, 11 months ago

This Carpenter mess has made me really really appreciate Dr. King.  He gets raked over the coals in the web comments many times during the year and he NEVER lets it get to him.  I believe he is a true leader  but I can tell you one thing, if one of his principals did this without consulting him they would be fired and shown the door whether they sue sue sue or not.  BAD bad bad example for children.  Have you ever thought of moving away from the county since they are mad about the conflict of interest and trying to let someone fix that school.  It is a laughingstock in our county too

heresyafacts 1 year, 11 months ago

King? A true leader? Please don't use this sad state of affairs in Newton to try and defend another sad state of affairs in Rockdale. The two counties may be different in the specifics of their problems, but they are facing the same basic issues -- among them, politicians and public employees who feel a sense of entitlement and 'untouchable' status and who abuse the powers inherent in their positions for their own (or their family members, or friends) personal gain, to the detriment of the county at large.

Personalsavior 1 year, 11 months ago

She is whining in the other paper about being able to get a job.  when you SUE THE PUBLIC for being upset at multiple food fights and tasers and arrests all the time and the lowest grad rate in the county then that is your work - clean up the work and no one will say a word lady.  If you want to fight it keep on because clearly people are using a ton of IP addresses all times of day and night - wee - an dyes we are parents and yes if we work factory we are up at nite mad about our kids being scared to  eat in a cafeteria we pay for - why be baffled with a horribnle counseling dept and grad rate.

Grandcanyon 1 year, 11 months ago

Who cares who has an IP or an ISP or a profile or a name.  I created my profile on a different computer and several family members use it from work/home/library.  So how long will that bog our courts.  THe body of law is going to have to get real 21st centruy before you end up hauling someone in to court.  If someone made an acccount on my IP , which who cares anyway, and you h aul m e in to court i will SUE this principal down to her last tube of lipstick.  You better be REAL clear and REAL sure that the owner of an IP or the account holder is the actual one who wrote anything so get your forensice finger print DNA analysis and cross reference it with your reference to the "wee" hours of the morning.  Are you now discriminating against people who type in the wee hours?  Are you adding people to your suit as the other paper talks - can the supt and these public people and bd members not take the heat.  THen go away.  I don't care who uses my IP or profile.  This is all silly high school bog your court down gossip and the judge who supports it will not end up staying in office as this first in the state mess will be 4ever associated with him or her.   Be REAL clear DR. Principal because you won't have a paper clip left if you haul me in to court based on an IP address.  Now have a good one.

MissLoy 1 year, 11 months ago

Miss Carpenter.  Stop trolling the comments.  Stop bullying teachers and they won't see a secure outlet for their concerns.  Bring the community together with an open discussion of how to get this fixed or go away.  Attacking the public comments on whoevers IP they are using is stupid and makes you look foolish.

Shannonofmanycolors 1 year, 11 months ago

If you want an example of how the hiring here under her watch has damaged students tell me how this is the only school that violates House Bill 186 and has NO rising senior parent meeting this year and is telling parents "We won't have one this year?"

WHAT? THIS VIOLATES HOUSE BILL 186.

kiwanisauditor 1 year, 11 months ago

awesome the more she pushes the more teachers go to the press

kiwanisauditor 1 year, 11 months ago

Stephanie LIndsey has done serious damage to her career and judge options. It will never happen now. Hackers are attacking emails and FB and have so prove to anyone that the IP or ISPor profile means squat.

People in excess of 200 to 300 are writing about you people and have since the December 2009 farce at Clements Middle School.

Blame blame sue sue anything else that actually doing your job

Truckermother 1 year, 11 months ago

Wow this woman stays in the news and continues to get horrible advice. While your lawsuit is hurting the very kids you pretend to want to protect your attorney has shown all of us what an awful judege she would make. What lawyer goes to the newspaper and says here is what the suit is about I just couldn't wait for it to go to court. Can you imagine the corruption in the Alcovy circuit if she were in there. It would be an ANTI FREE SPEECH POLICE STATE.

Littlemissmuffett 1 year, 11 months ago

This old woman has 3 things to day:

1. I am tired of this principal and her husband being in our news. This lawsuit was a way to smack Covington, GA as they hopefully left town to Jackson MS but like Butts, Peach and other counties they did not want him. Those counties said no in the last several years so don't blame anyone but your work performance and your wife's lawsuit for drawing negative attention to you and our wonderful county. Our shcool system had NO bad press except one middle school until you chose to marry each other and contaminate human resources. Now you don't like what people have to say and you run around pointing fingres on the company dime. You were not even in your offices yesterday. Yesterday afternoon she was talking lawsuit.

2. This wannabe judge ambulance chaser attorney wants publicity. This is not about making the high school better. What good attorney goes out to the press with her client and talks about a lawsuit unless she knows it is baseless which it is. Get this out of our news. We want a high quality people and life in our town. And so what if people attack you and the board and the superintendent - you deserve it a lot of the time. They do it in Rockdale and all over the state and you are the first off the chain principal to get your crazy up.

3. What is this lawsuit about? You say you want to sit down and talk with complainers yet your hatred of the public and vengeance to settle scores is taking you to the bitter end and away from school performance. You have the lowest performing h igh school. It graduates students lower than the state average. You need to go. And you got a silly lawyer who had a real chance of being judge and even those most committed to her have abandoned her for attaching her name to this.

Do YOU want a judge who attacks or supports the attack on free speech and has the nerve to put Newton Co. on the map as the first incidence of this in the state. I DO NOT.

NO one said you stole lady. People obviously have concerns about missing funds and it better be investigated. Your response should not be I AM SHOCKED it should be I will open my books and monthly requisitions for audits.

ShannonBlack 1 year, 11 months ago

Who cares lady if it is 1 or 2 people or the 160 people commenting even if duplicated - there are MANY MANy and stop adding names to your stuff.

Calisweetheart 1 year, 11 months ago

Charlie Sheen is suing a strip club and LaQuanda Carpenter is suing 200 bloggers and the public.

Kodaanddylansmom 1 year, 11 months ago

What a smart genius couple.  Timing a lawsuit with a JPS visit.  Clever.  Great attorney and awesome advice.

amp72 1 year, 11 months ago

People who are backed into a corner and feel like everyone is out to get them don't often think rationally. It tends to be their downfall.

Grandcanyon 1 year, 11 months ago

Hey Public, look what's public.  Why did this happen?  How much more is happening?  Is this a piece of the puzzle?  Think so.   GA Sec of State site (look who was in biz together while one supervised one's HR and budget):  http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/corp.asp?1531560   BOE policy:  http://newtoncountyschools.org/board/ncss-policy-gag-staff_conflict_interest.asp

Willdav713 10 months ago

Moral of the story, when commenting use public wifi and set up accounts under alias. Mexican surnames are preferred, fake the address at signup, and use dummy phone numbers!! Take that Ambulance chasers! I outsmarted the FBI back in 2004!!! They were from ObamaLand. Stupid frivolous lawsuit. The Plaintiff's lawyer should be disbarred. But it is in NaziCut formally Connecticut home to Rep. Rosa DeLauro who looks like a white Aunt Esther, now sue me DeLauro!

Shart15 10 months ago

Very interesting points Willdav713!

Blog entries