Conyers teen beaten, robbed

CONYERS -- A Conyers man told police he was beaten and robbed of a cellphone charger Monday as he was walking to work along Hunting Creek Lane.

The 18-year-old victim called the Conyers Police Department the next day to report the incident, saying that he delayed calling because all that was stolen from him was a cellphone charger.

According to the CPD incident report, the victim left his home at about 4:40 p.m. Monday and was approached by a male known to him as Fernando. The victim said that Fernando asked him to walk over to a secluded area behind some bushes near the intersection of Ridge Court and Hunting Creek Lane.

The victim told police he refused to comply and a white Ford Explorer with two other males inside pulled up beside him. The victim said he became afraid and ran until he came to an open area behind a residence on Ridge Court. Fernando and another suspect caught up with him, pushed him into a corner behind the residence and hit him with their fists and knees, according to the report. One of the suspects took his phone charger from his pants pocket.

The third suspect ran up to them, but by that time the victim said residents in the area had heard him call for help and had begun coming out of their homes. The three suspects fled in the direction from which they had come.

The victim declined assistance from a woman who lives in the area and walked on to work at a fast-food restaurant on Ga. Highway 138.

Three suspects have been charged with robbery by force in connection with the incident: Fernando Mills Jr., 19, 1125 Northlake Drive, No. 107; Richard Allen Poulson, 18, 1125 Northlake Drive, No. 107; and Sergio James Batchelor, 21, 1826 Poplar St.

In other police news, a Third Avenue woman was charged with aggravated assault after she allegedly stabbed her boyfriend with a fork.

Police went to Rockdale Medical Center Wednesday morning at about 8 a.m. in response to a report of a stabbing.

Arrested was Janel Ballard, 42, 715 Third Avenue, Apt. B.

The 47-year-old victim told police that he had gotten up that morning, gotten Ballard's daughter on the school bus and was preparing to go to work when Ballard told him she didn't want him to go to work. The two were talking in the kitchen when Ballard allegedly became angry because the victim said he needed to go to work and stabbed him in the left forearm with a fork.

A witness who was at the scene of the stabbing told police that the victim was bleeding badly, but Ballard was concerned that he would get blood on the carpet.

Ballard began to clean the blood off the carpet and the witness drove the victim to the hospital, according to the report.

When questioned later by police, Ballard reportedly said she had not seen the victim in several days. Police observed some wet, "pinkish" stains on the carpet and on a dish towel and blood splatters down the front of the kitchen garbage can.