The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed. Readers who would like to know more about a restaurant's score may go online at www.eastmetrohealth.com to read any violations recorded in the report.
· Long John Silvers, 3274 Highway 278 - 89/B, Sept. 15; (previous score 98/A, Jan. 13.)
· Checkers, 3182 Highway 278 - 96/A, Sept. 22; (previous score 75/C, Sept. 10).
· Covington Manor, 4148 Carroll St., - 90/A. Sept. 23; (previous score 93/A, Jan. 21.)
· Mongolian Grill, 3265 Salem Road - 77/C Sept. 23; (previous score 100/A, June 11.)
· Rockdale Senior Services, 1240 Dogwood Drive, 100/A, Sept. 10; (previous score, March 19).
· Edwards Middle School, 2400 Stanton Road, 100/A, Sept. 11; (previous score, 99/A, March 13).
· Flat Shoals Elementary School, 1455 Flat Shoals Road, 100/A, Sept. 11; (previous score, 100/A, March 5).
· General Ray Davis Middle School, 3375 East Fairview Road, 100/A, Sept. 14; (previous score, 96/A, March 3).
· Lorraine Elementary School, 3343 East Fairview Road, 100/A, Sept. 14; (previous score, 99/A March 3).
· Memorial Middle School, 3205 Underwood Road, 100/A, Sept. 15; (previous score, 96/A, March 16).