The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed. Readers who would like to know more about a restaurant's score may go online at www.eastmetrohealth.com to read any violations recorded in the report.
· Appetizing Diner, 3633-D Salem Road - 72/C, Sept. 8; (previous score 100/A, April 9.)
· The Diner, 11230 Highway 36, Suite E. - 86/B, Sept. 8; (previous score 100/A, June 15.)
· Checkers, 3182 Highway 278 - 75/C, Sept. 10; (previous score 98/A, January 9.)
· Waffle House, 8239 Highway 278 - 96/A, Sept. 10; (previous score 75/C, Aug. 31.)
· McDonalds, 4147 Salem Road - 98/A, Sept. 11; (previous score 85/B, Feb. 13.)
· Applebees, 5176 Highway 278 - 88/B, Sept. 11; (previous score 91/A, Dec. 29, 2008.)
· Amici Italian Cafe, 1133 Church St. - 81/B, Sept. 14; (previous score 69/U, Sept. 3.)
· Sweet Bea's Cafe, 1820 Highway 11-Ste. B - 100/A, Sept. 14; (previous score 86/B, Feb. 18.)
· Hawthorn Suites Hotel, 1659 Centennial Olympic Parkway, 96/A, Aug. 12; (previous score, June 30).
· Rockdale Hospital, 1412 Milstead Ave., 95/A Aug. 12; (previous score, 95/A, Feb. 5).
· City Slickers, 1468 Old Salem Road, 74/C, Aug. 13; (previous score, 90/A, Feb. 30).
· Moe's Southeast Grill, 863 Flat Shoals Road, 95/A, Aug. 13; (previous score, not available).
· American Deli, 1181 West Ave., 87/B, Aug. 13; (previous score, 87/B, Feb. 19).