The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed. Readers who would like to know more about a restaurant's score may go online at www.eastmetrohealth.com to read any violations recorded in the report.
· Subway, 1573 Georgia Highway 20, Suite 105, 99/A, Aug. 3; (previous score, 96/A, Aug. 6, 2008).
· Waffle House #1253, 1820 Georgia Highway 138, 93/A, Aug. 4; (previous score, 96/A, July 7).
· Pizza Hut #711838, 425 Sigman Road, 78/C, Aug. 4; (previous score, 83/B, Feb. 13).
· Mad Dog's BBQ, 4489 Ga. Highway 20 South, 96/A, Aug. 5; (previous score, 100/A, Feb. 11).
· 2 Guys and A Grill Catering, 1035 Green St., 90/A, Aug. 6; (previous score, 100/A, Dec. 31, 2008).
· Chuck E Cheese, 1530 Dogwood Drive, 86/B, Aug. 6; (previous score, 88/B, Feb. 6).
· Tava's Pizza, 4489 Ga. Highway 20, 100/A, Aug. 6; (previous score, 94/A, Feb. 11).
· Dynasty Chinese, 1823 Ga. Highway 138, Suite 300, 97/A, Aug. 7; (previous score, not available.)
There were no new Newton County restaurant ratings posted as of press time.