The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed. Readers who would like to know more about a restaurant's score may go online at www.eastmetrohealth.com to read any violations recorded in the report.
· Pizza Plus, 2465 Georgia Highway 81 - 80/B, August 19; (previous score 93/A, Jan. 1.)
· McDonalds, 2080 Crowell Road, - 94/A, Aug. 21; (previous score 94/A, August 21.)
· Oxford College (Emory University), 100 Hamill St., Oxford - Aug. 21; (previous score 89/B, Jan. 14.)
· Porterdale Bar & Grill, 52 South Broad St., Porterdale - 89/B, Aug. 24; (previous score 96/A, Jan. 21.)
· Chow Dog, 2572 Old Covington Highway, 91/A, July 29; (previous score, 100/A, Jan. 30).
· Country Inn and Suites Food Services, 1312 Old Covington Highway, 91/A, July 29; (previous score, 100/A, Jan. 22).
· Greek Pizza House, 977 North Main St., 91/A, July 29; (previous score, 95/A, Jan. 26).
· Hickory House Barbecue, 1410 Klondike Road, Suite C, 82/B, July 29; (previous score, 81/B, Jan. 20).
· Dynasty Chinese Restaurant, 1823 Ga. Highway 138, 75/C, July 30; (previous score, 86/B, Jan. 30).
· Fonda La Oaxaquena, 1085 Irwin Bridge Road, 95/C, July 30; (previous score, 97/A, Jan. 27).
· Young American Christian School, 1701 Honey Creek Road, 100/A, July 31; (previous score, not available).