The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed. Readers who would like to know more about a restaurant's score may go online at www.eastmetrohealth.com to read any violations recorded in the report.
· Livingston Elementary School, 3657 Highway 81 South - 100/A, Oct. 1; (previous score 93/A, May 5.)
· Porterdale Elementary School, 45 Ram Drive - 98/A, Oct. 2; (previous score 96/A, April 3.)
· Palmer Stone Elementary School, 1110 N. Emory St. - 91/A, Oct. 5; (previous score 96/A, May 19.)
· Appetizing Diner, 3633-D Salem Road - 86/B, Oct. 6; (previous score 67/U, Sept. 25.)
· Salem High School, 3551 Underwood Road, 100/A, Sept. 15; (previous score, 99/A, March 16).
· Blimpie of Conyers, 875 Flat Shoals Road, 97/A, Sept. 16; (previous score, 87/B, Sept. 9).
· Conyers Middle School, 335 Sigman Road, 100/A, Sept. 16; (previous score, 97/A, March 23).
· Glenn's Barbecue, 1377 Old McDonough Road, 99/A, Sept. 16; (previous score, 99/A, July 20).
· Hightower Trail Elementary School, 2510 Georgia Highway 138 North, 96/A, Sept. 16; (previous score, 100/A, March 12).
· Jamaica Paradise, 1573 Georgia Highway 20, Suite 104, 91/A, Sept. 17; (previous score, March 31).