The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
· Beyond Details Catering, 95-A, 3113 Emory St., Covington. Date: April 13
Violations: Utensils stored on floor. No backflow on drain lines of three-compartment sink and vegetable sink.
· Luigi's Pizza, 59-U, 4193 U.S. Highway 278, Covington. Date: April 13
Violations: Employee had bare hand contact with pizza topping. No health policy awareness. Employee wiping tables down with only one sanitizing cloth. Slicer is dirty. Clean plates stored on shelf dirty. Consumer advisory not correct - must put on same page as undercooked item and put asterisk beside warning and food item. Food not being cold held properly. Food being date marked was beyond seven-day limit. Employees handling food do not have hair and beard fully restrained. Utensils stored on shelf not inverted. Forks at self-serve counters stored with fork end up. Cooler in back not working properly. Dumpster and grease trap not on asphalt, stored on dirt ground. No drain plug in Dumpster.
· Quick Chick, 96-A, 6158 U.S. Highway 278, Covington. Date: April 13
Violations: Sanitizer too strong at three-compartment sink.
· Indian Creek Middle School, 96-A, 11051 Bypass Road, Covington. Date: April 14 Violations: Sanitizer at three-compartment sink at improper level.
· Cookie Factory, 92-A, 1360 Dogwood Drive, Suite 306, Conyers. Date: April 16
Violations: Observed soap and/or paper towels missing from handwash sinks. Employee washing hands in three-compartment sink. No hot water available at handwash sink in restrooms. Observed three-compartment sink not sealed to wall. Need good thorough cleaning in kitchen area.
· Golden Spoon Jamaican, 99-A, 1360 Dogwood Drive, Conyers. Date: April 17
Violations: Bare wood shelves in storage area must be sealed and painted with washable paint.
· International House of Pancakes, 80-B, 1310 Dogwood Drive, Conyers. Date: April 20
Violations: Mold-like substance in ice maker. Potentially hazardous food not being held at the proper temperature. Wiping cloth not stored in sanitized solution. Wet utensils stored stacked on one another. Damaged door gasket seals on reach-in cooler. Deteriorating fryer baskets still in use. Inside oven soiled with old debris. Several areas of floor that repair or replacing.
· Baan Thai, 96-A, 1745 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers. Date: April 21
Violations: Ice scoop stored in ice maker. Cup with handle stored in rice. Damaged door gasket seal on reach-in cooler. Deteriorating fryer basket still in use. Bare wood used as shelving. Soiled door gasket seals on reach-in coolers. Walls soiled with dust build-up. Grease build-up on fire suppression piping.
· Frontera Mex-Mex Grill, 88-B, 1820 Ga. Highway 20, Suite 156, Conyers. Date: April 21
Violations: Steak in prep line cooler not cold holding at the proper temperature. Holding cabinet at bar area unclean with debris.
· Waffle House, 87-B, 1174 West Ave., Conyers. April 21
Violations: Coffee cups unclean with debris. Several potentially hazardous foods not cold holding at the proper temperature.