The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
· Los Bravos Mexican Restaurant, 100-A, 2274 Salem Road, Conyers. Date: Feb. 4
· The Sandwich Factory, 99-A, 903 Commercial St., Conyers. Date: Feb. 4
Violations: Need to post handwashing sign at front handwash station by sandwich prep area.
· Sodexho Management, 99-A, 1 Lithonia Way, Conyers. Date: Feb. 4
Violations: Observed damaged door gasket seal on reach-in cooler. Soiled door gasket seals on reach-in cooler and walk-in cooler.
· Rockdale Hospital, 95-A, 1412 Milstead Ave., Conyers. Date: Feb. 5
Violations: Stored clean pan unclean with debris. Missing tile in dish machine area. Damaged wall in dry storage area.
· Rockdale Medical Cafe, 96-A, 1412 Milstead Ave., Conyers. Date: Feb. 5
Violations: Tomato slicer unclean with debris.
· McDonald's, 97-A, 1436 Dogwood Drive, Conyers. Date: Feb. 6
Violations: Whisk for tea stored in Icee drink rack. Several fryer baskets in disrepair. Several floor tiles damaged throughout kitchen area.
· Daruma Japanese Restaurant, 97-A, 1920 Ga. Highway 20 S., Conyers. Date: Feb. 9
Violations: Damaged door gasket seals on hibachi prep cooler. Soiled crevice on hibachi grill/cooktop.
· Nagoya Japanese Steakhouse, 56-U, 1375 Iris Drive, Conyers. Date: Feb. 9
Violations: Person in charge not performing duties as required. Employee preparing ready-to-eat food without wearing gloves. Employee consuming beverage in improper container in inappropriate area. Scallops stored over vegetables in walk-in cooler. Uncovered food on prep cart stored in hall. Prepared food not date marked as required. Employee without hair restraint preparing food. Not displaying current food service permit. Wet utensils stored stacked on one another. Soiled crevices between Hibachi cook top and frame. Rodent droppings in dry storage area.
· Nagoya Japanese Steakhouse - Recheck, 98-A. Date: Feb. 13
Violations: Latest inspection report not posted.
· Quizno's Subs, 96-A, 2239 Ga. Highway 20, Suite I, Conyers. Date: Feb. 9
Violations: Employee without hair restraint preparing food. Damaged door gasket seal on reach-in prep cooler.