The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
· New China II, 99-A, 1360 Dogwood Drive, Conyers. Date: May 1
Violations: Gasket on upright freezer in disrepair. Gasket on deep fryer needs replacing.
· Taco Bell, 96-A, 1537 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers. Date: May 4
Violations: Wet utensils stored stacked on one another. Observed employee perform multiple tasks without changing gloves. Soiled door gasket seals on reach-in cooler.
· Bradley's BBQ, 90-A, 1955 Sigman Road, Conyers. Date: May 6
Violations: Observed mold-like substance in ice maker. Observed wrong procedure for cleaning tables. Product in reach-in not date marked as required. Damaged door gasket seal on reach-in cooler.
· Bruster's Ice Cream, 98-A, 1172 Dogwood Drive, Conyers. Date: May 6
Violations: In-use ice scoop stored with handle in product.
· Thai Palace, 96-A, 968 Main St., Conyers. Date: May 6
Violations: In-use utensils not stored with handle outside of product. Employee observed preparing food while wearing jewelry.
· Golden Corral, 99-A, 1350 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers. Date: May 7
Violations: Latest inspection not posted as required.
· Kentucky Fried Chicken, 84-B, 2430 Salem Road, Conyers. Date: May 7
Violations: Observed open employee drink stored in unapproved area. Observed potentially hazardous product not cooling properly. Utensils not air dried before stacking. Soiled door gasket seals on multiple reach-in cooler. No paper towels in ladies' restroom.
· Mad Cactus, 86-B, 2455 Salem Road, Conyers. Date: May 7
Violations: Employee observed not following washing procedures after carrying food to table and then reentering prep area to prep food for other customers. Ice machine has mold-like substance. Handle on upright cooler is broken.