The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
Editor's note: Beginning with reports dated July 1 and thereafter, restaurant health inspection reports published in the Citizen newspapers will include only the restaurant's name, address, score, date of inspection and previous score. This change is necessary due to the length of violations included in the reports. Readers who would like to know more about a restaurant's score may go online at www.eastmetrohealth.com to read any violations recorded in the report.
· Mama Marias, 10205 Access Road - 90/A, July 20; (previous score 100/A, January 5.)
· Sonic Drive -In, 8225 Highway 278 - 82/B, July 20; (previous score 74/C, October 7, 2008.)
· Westbury Health, 1420 Milstead Ave., 100/A, July 8; (previous score 100/A, Dec. 24, 2008)
· Borage Grill, 914 Commercial St., 92/A, July 8; (previous score 100/A, Dec. 18, 2008).
· Proof of the Pudding, 1996 Centennial Parkway, 90/A, July 16; (previous score 96/A, April 17).
· Glenn's Bar-B-Que, 1377 Old McDonough Road, 99/A, July 20; (previous score 67/U, July 16).
· Waffle House #514, 1420 Georgia Highway 138, 93/A, July 20; (previous score 82/B, Jan. 13).
· Longhorn Steakhouse, 1300 Iris Drive, 92/A July 21; (previous score 94/A, Jan. 13).
· Bojangle's, 1970 Georgia Highway 138, 97/A, July 21; (previous score 89/B, Jan. 16).
· Philly Connection, 1521 Georgia Highway 138, 90/A; (previous score 100/A, Jan. 7).
· Honey Baked Ham, 1910 Georgia Highway 20 South, 90/A, July 21; (previous score 93/A, Jan. 13).
· Pizza Hut, 3504 Georgia Highway 20, 90/A, July 21; (previous score 99/A, Jan. 13).