The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
· Mrs. Winner's, 93-A, 1138 West Ave., Conyers. Date: June 10
Violations: Bottled water stored in ice bin for customer use. Ice scoop stored in ice bin and ice maker. Floors and walls damaged and needs repair.
· Tacqueria Y Marisqueria El Palenque, 30-U, 1543 Highway 138, Conyers. Date: June 19
· El Charro, 90/A, 3165 Elm St., Covington. Date: 05/27/09. Violations: Consumer advisory does not have advisory on each page with item that can be under cooked or asterisked--need to label properly. Sanitizer buckets tested over 200 PPM--must keep at 50-100 PPM.
· Pizza Hut, 64/U, 4168 Highway 278, Covington. Date: 05/28/09. Violations: Hand sink dirty--be sure to keep clean. Employee using one wash cloth to wipe down tables with--must use approved method to sanitize tables--refer to GA food manual. Dishes that were in clean stack were dirty--make sure to wash, rinse & sanitize utensils (get all food debris off utensils). Mold in coke machine nozzles, mold on inside ice machine-need to wash, rinse & sanitize items above. No sanitizer in dishwasher-fix problem use 3 compartment sink until dishwasher is fixed. Can opener blade dirty-need to clean it up. No sanitizer in sanitizer buckets or spray bottles-must keep CL at 50-100 PPM. During inspection pizzon on buffet had not been pulled at designated time; not true time control documents when using time control for food, you must have proper procedures in place and follow them. Chemical bottles stored next to food & utensils in several places--must store chemicals properly away from food prep areas, food & utensils. Bulk storage containers not labeled--must label with common name of food if not easily recognizable. Some coolers missing hanging thermometers--keep thermometers in all coolers. Employees not restraining hair fully--must restrain hair fully when handling food. Employees wearing braclets when prepping salad--can only wear plain band ring on finger & no braclets. Bowls being used as scoops and handles of scoops in food product--must use scoop with handle and keep handle out of food. Boxes by hand sink not protected from splash up--need to protect plates & bowls not inverted or covered on shelves--need to protect (in kitchen and at food bar upfront). Utensils stacked wet--must air dry before stacking. Air curtain torn in walk in cooler-need to fix/replace. Inside & outside of dishwasher very dirty--need to clean. No (CL) test strips--must have test strips on site. Mold on top of air curtain in walk in, beer coolers dirty at bottom inside, dirty shelving throughout facility, ice machine dirty (mold) on outside, several food containers on outside dirty--need to clean items above. Dumpster doors open & no drain plug--must keep doors closed & have drain plugs. Hole in ceiling above ice machine, dirty floor under ice machine--need to seal hole & clean under ice machine. No light covers in walk in cooler light and storage area light--must have protective shielding. Dirty wall behind dishwasher (mold growing) need to clean.
· Bangkok Grill, 55/U, 5135 Highway 278, Covington. Date: 05/29/09. Violations: CFSM not on staff-needed CFSM by 5-26-09 must register for CFSM class by 06/08/09 and provide proof of registration to Health department. Knowledge of food safety is poor at this facility. Observed employee handle raw fish with bare hands, rinse hands off, no soap used--wash hands with soap. Observed employee handle soiled cloth with bare hands-no hand wash prior to handling utensils--wash hands more frequently/as needed. Observed 2 seperate employees handle ready to eat basil with bare hands-no bare hand contact is allowed with ready to eat foods. Interior of ice maker is unclean (moldy). Drink nozzles are unclean (moldy). Utensils stuffed away unclean (not clean to sight & touch). Foods not cold held at 41F as required. Food (cooked chicken) not cooled to 70F in 2 hours. Chicken cooked at 11 AM and at 2:35 PM was at 81F--discarded by PIC. Hand sink blocked/unaccessible-soap needs to be provided suggest soap dispenser on the wall at each hand sink. Butane fuel stored with canned foods in dry storage area--store chemicals seperately from foods. Medicines/First Aid supplies stored aboue food prep table in the kitchen--store medicines seperate. Multiple food items/containers not labeled with the common name of the foods--label all of them. This facility does not have adequate cooler space--additional cooler space must by provided by June 30, 2009. Wiplin cloths must be stored in sanitizer between uses..Note: Cloths used for handling hot pans/pots must be kept dry & clean. Utensils stored in unclean/stagnat water between uses (rice, scoop, spatulas); water not maintained at 135F--must keep water at 135F with this method. Personal items (toys, lotion, gum,water bottle) stored improperly. Do not store personal items with foods or food utensils. Pic (Manager) was not aware of employee health policy-symptoms, illnesses, required reporting, restrict/exclude--discussed health policy with manager. Relocate small plates away from hand sink near the soda machine. As per manager/owner this facility does not allow customers to order foods raw/undercooked. Did not observe foods that need to be date marked this inspection.