The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
· Starbuck's Coffee, 96-A, 1515 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers. Date: Jan. 21
Violations: Fruit yogurt parfait past expiration date.
· Classic Billiards, 86-B, 1211 Royal Drive, Conyers. Date: Jan. 23
Violations: Person in charge did not demonstrate knowledge of food safety. Observed mold-like substance in ice maker. Observed food items held past expiration date. Hot water not available in employee restroom.
· Dairy Queen, 100-A, 1235 Dogwood Drive, Conyers. Date: Jan. 23
· Wing House & More, 98-A, 2130 Salem Road, Conyers, Date: Jan. 23
Violations: Ceiling needs more repair work. Ventilation overhead needs cleaning, has debris build-up. Caulking needs to be replaced around sinks.
· Chianti Italian Restaurant, 100-A, 1895 Ga. Highway 20, Conyers. Date: Jan. 26
· Greek Pizza House, 95-A, 977 N. Main St., Conyers. Date: Jan. 26
Violations: Paper towels not available at front handwash sink. Damaged door gasket seal on reach-in door of pizza make table.
· Hank & Jerry's Tavern, 100-A, 1504 Old Salem Road, Conyers. Date: Jan. 26
· Fonda La Oaxaquena, 97-A, 1085 Irwin Bridge Road, Conyers. Date: Jan. 27
Violations: Employee preparing food without hair restraint.
· Rockdale County Jail, 86-B, 911 Chambers Drive, Conyers. Date: Jan. 27
Violations: Could not properly wash hands - no soap or paper towels at handwash. Wet utensils stored stacked on one another.
· Ruby Tuesday, 90-A, 1714 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers. Date: Jan. 27
Violations: Several items in front prep line cooler by grill not cold holding at the proper temperature. Damaged wall by handwash sink in kitchen by prep line needs repairing.
· Waffle House, 67-U, 2021 Salem Road, Conyers. Date: Jan. 27
Violations: Several employees observed not washing hands before putting on gloves. Tea urn not covered and protected. Mold-like substance in ice machine. Coffee cups stored clean with debris on them. Waffle batter mix not cold holding at the proper temperature. Half-and-Half milk stored past expiration date. Reused syrup bottle not labeled with contents. Several pans stored stacked on one another while wet. Tray with coffee cups stored on it, unclean with debris. Ceiling in wash area damaged with cracks. Drain cover in kitchen area missing. Light bulbs in dry storage area not shielded.