The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
Editor's note: Beginning with reports dated July 1 and thereafter, restaurant health inspection reports published in the Citizen newspapers will include only the restaurant's name, address, score, date of inspection and previous score. This change is necessary due to the length of violations included in the reports. Readers who would like to know more about a restaurant's score may go online at www.eastmetrohealth.com to read any violations recorded in the report.NEWTON
· Subway, 13015 Brown Bridge Road - 98/A, July 24; (previous score 95/A, August 7, 2008.)
· Project Adventure, 396 Elks Club Road - 86/B, July 24; (previous score 96/A, October 10, 2008.)
· Premier Pizza & Pasta, 13015 Brown Bridge Road - 86/B, July 27; (previous score 81/B, November 18, 2008.)
· Waffle House, 10106 Alcovy Road - 74/C, July 27; (previous score 100/A, November 20, 2008.)
· Garden of Gethsemane (Homeless Shelter), 7153 Turner Lake Road - 81/B, July 29; (previous score 100/A, July 8.)
· Riverside Medical, 5100 West Street - 95/A, July 29; (previous score 83/B, December 15, 2008.)
· Captain D's, 1735 Ga. Highway 138, 98/A, July 24 - recheck; (previous score 69/U, July 22).
· Chick-fil-A, 1610 Ga. Highway 138, 97/A, July 22; (previous score 98/A, Jan. 15).
· Classic Billiards, 1211 Royal Drive, 100/A, July 23; (previous score 100/A, June 8).
· Dairy Queen, 1235 Dogwood Drive, 100/A, July 23; (previous score 100/A, Jan. 23).
· McDonald's, 1320 Old Klondike Road, 90/A, July 23; (previous score 95/A, Jan. 14).
· Ruby Tuesday, 1714 Ga. Highway 138, 89/B, July 23; (previous score 90/A, Jan. 23).
· Grand Buffet, 1720 Ga. Highway 138, 99/A, July 24; (previous score 79/C, July 9).
· Hank and Jerry's Tavern, 1504 Old Salem Road, 92/A, July 24; (previous score 100/A, Jan. 26).
· Waffle House, 2021 Salem Road, 87/B, July 24; (previous score 95/A, March 19).
· American Bowling Center, 885 Flat Shoals Road, 93/A, July 27; (previous score 99/A, Jan. 21).