Wednesday, April 29, 2009
© Copyright 2013
COVINGTON - A home located in the Magnolia Walk subdivision in western Newton County burned late Tuesday morning, causing approximately a quarter of a million dollars in damages, according to Newton County Fire Services Deputy Fire Chief Tim Smith.
Smith said the NCFS received a call around 11:31 that a single family dwelling at 200 Flowers Drive, off Fairview Road, had flames coming through the roof.
"It was pretty much a total loss," Smith said, adding that the residence was a single-story ranch on top of a basement with a wood frame and brick veneer.
"The house is valued right around $215,000 and the contents are about $40,000," he said.
Smith said the fire appears to have been accidental.
"There may have been an electrical malfunction," he said, adding that it had apparently started on the back side of the house, near the back door.
Smith said no one was home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.