The following charges and arrests were reported by the Newton County Sheriff's Office, Covington Police Department, Oxford Police Department and Porterdale Police Department:
· Jorge Alberto Alvarez, 32, 70 Pine Valley Drive, battery (Family Violence Act).
· Devan Dawan Askew, 31, 80 Rolling Ridge Drive, court sentenced to work release.
· Demarrio Quintrell Baker, 29, 70 Branchwood Drive, forgery in the first degree, obstruction or hindering law enforcement officers, hold for Rockdale County Sheriff's Office.
· Jeffery Shane Blackstock, 29, 3760 Stonecreek Circle, court sentenced to work release until fines paid.
· Ardest Dewayne Bryant, 51, 212 Collingsworth St., probation violation.
· Jackey Lee Thuy Cole, 37, 320 Waxwing Drive, Monticello, probation violation.
· Kevin Chad Phillip Cope, 19, 115 Aiken Way, court sentenced (10 years/one year in jail).
· Travis Cordell Cullins, 30, 2229 Morningside Drive, city warrant.
· Danielle Marie Ezell, 19, 642 Johnson Road, Oxford, drug related objects, possession of marijuana less than 1 ounce, possession of Schedule I and II (meth), failure to stop at stop sign, giving false name or address to law enforcement officer.
· Jackie Wendell Haney, 54, 12759 Alcovy Road, cruelty to children, sexual battery, sodomy; aggravated sodomy, aggravated child molestation.
· Donnie Ray Harris, 54, 5202 Tew Lane, cruelty to children, battery (Family Violence Act).
· Sean Michael Haughton, 23, 105 Creek Way, aggravated assault, possession of arms by convicted felons and first offender probation, possession of firearm during the commission of a felony, commission of crime by convicted felon through use of a firearm, armed robbery, theft by receiving stolen property.
· Phillip Brandon Humphreys, 34, 1371 Gassert Road, Newborn, public drunkenness.
· Richard Lewis James, 42, 741-B Walton Court, Social Circle, court sentenced to work release until fines are paid.
· Ricky Dale Johnson, 30, 419 Lakeshore Drive, Monticello, failure to appear.