The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
· Anthony's Pizza, 100-A, 10 Birds Crossing, Covington, Date: Aug. 25
· Frontera Mex-Mex Grill, 88-B, 1820 Ga. Highway 20, Suite 156, Conyers, Date: Aug. 25
Violations: Prepared chicken in cooler not cold holding at the proper temperature. Products not rapidly cooled to the proper temperature as required. Product not cooled before being placed in cooler.
· Main Moon Chinese, 99-A, 1573 Ga. Highway 20, Suite 104, Conyers, Date: Aug. 25
Violations: Wet utensils observed stored stacked on one another.
· Dairy Queen, 100-A, 1235 Dogwood Drive, Conyers, Date: Aug. 26
· Baan Thai, 95-A, 1745 Ga. Highway 138, C-13, Conyers, Date: Aug. 26
Violations: Ice machine with mold-like debris. Unapproved bowl for making salads.
· Golden Palace, 94-A, 1119 West Ave., Conyers, Date: Aug. 26
Violations: Open container being used to stored food product. Containers intended for single use being reused for other products. Door gasket seals of reach-in units damaged. Barbecue cooker soiled on inside and outside. Items not date marked as required.
· Orient Express, 87-B, 425 Sigman Road, Conyers, Date: Aug. 26
Violations: Employee observed touching ready-to-eat food with bare hands. Open can of peaches in walk-in cooler stored in metal peach can. Need more detailed cleaning.
· I LOVE SUSHI, 91-A, 1745 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers, Date: Aug. 27
Violations: No handwash sink available at sushi bar. Mold-like substance observed in ice maker. Door gasket seals of reach-in units damaged.
· Thoroughbred Restaurant, 1659 Centennial Olympic Parkway, Conyers, Date: Aug. 27
Violations: Mold-like substance observed in ice maker. Bulk product stored in container hat was not labeled. Utensil for dispensing stored in product.
· Waffle House, 84-B, 12985 Brown Bridge Road, Covington, Date: Aug. 28
Violations: Creamer and milk out of temperature. Tomatoes, cheese and ham out of temperature at prep sandwich cooler. Cleaning supplies stored with food items in dry storage area. Cabinets where trash can is stored dirty. Drawers and stainless under grill are dirty. Bottom of two-door refrigerator dirty. Plumbing leak at sprayer hose at dishwasher.
· Nagoya Japanese Steakhouse, 55-U, 1375 Iris Drive, Conyers, Date: Aug. 29
Violations: Person in charge not performing duties as required. Employees could not wash hands properly due to the lack of soap being present. Mold-like substance observed in ice maker. Foods in reach-in cooler not holding at the proper temperature. Rodenticide left out unprotected. Lights in hibachi grill hoods not shielded. Wiping cloths not stored in sanitized solution. Soiled knives stored with clean knives.
· Arby's, 91-A, 6225 Turner Lake Road, Covington, Date: Sept. 2
Violations: Popcorn chicken not holding at proper temperature. Tomatoes held at improper temperature.