The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
· Ramada Inn, 93-A, 1351 Dogwood Drive, Conyers, Date: Sept. 17
Violations: Handwash sink not accessible because of rack in front. No supplies available at handwash sink. Permit not posted. Last inspection report not posted. Door gasket seals of reach-in cooler soiled.
· Salem High School, 100-A, 3551 Underwood Road, Conyers, Date: Sept. 17
· Tacqueria El Palenque, 97-A, 1543 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers, Date: Sept. 17
Violations: Door gasket seals of prep cooler damaged. No hot water available at front handwash sink.
· Edwards Middle School, 99-A, 2400 Stanton Road, Conyers, Date: Sept. 19
Violations: Door gasket seal of reach-in cooler damaged.
· D.L. Sims Elementary School, 99-A, 1821 Walker Road, Conyers, Date: Sept. 19
Violations: Cracked or damaged pans stored with usable equipment. Dish machine not reaching sanitizing temperature.
· Beyond Details Catering, 100-A, 3113 Emory St., Covington, Date: Sept. 24
· Pacho's Mexican, 88-B, 6193 U.S. Highway 278, Covington, Date: Sept. 25
Violations: No hand sink at bar. Wiping cloth in food prep area-need to keep sanitizer when not in use. Cup stored wet. Opening at threshold of back door. Flies in kitchen.
· Tattersall's, 100-A, 2100 Main St., Porterdale, Date: Sept. 29