The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
· Waffle House No. 1631, 77-C, 1174 West Ave., Conyers, Date: April 2
Violations: Employee drink stored on bag in boxed drinks. Ham stored over ready-to-eat foods. Inside of ice maker soiled. Employee wearing unapproved jewelry preparing food. Soiled wiping cloths stored in drawer with utensils. Glasses stored improperly on counter. Single-serve cups stored unprotected on counter. Equipment doors, side equipment soiled. Ladies' and men's restrooms soiled. General cleaning needed throughout facility.
· Waffle House No. 1631 - Recheck: 98-A, Date: April 8
Violations: Wet utensils stored stacked one on another. Bottom of reach-in with hash browns near storage area soiled.
· Burger King, 98-A, 1491 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers, Date: April 3
Violations: Wet utensils stored stacked one on another. Fryer basket deteriorating.
· Domino's Pizza No. 4151, 80-B, 3537 Ga. Highway 20, Conyers, Date: April 3
Violations: Employee observed working with food without washing hands. Employees observed using bare hand contact on ready-to-eat foods. No handwash sink in utensil area. Food items in walk-in cooler observed with two separate dates. Not in compliance with Georgia Smoke Free Air Act. Wet utensils observed one on another in storage. Commode soiled.
· Rockdale Head Start, 82-B, 1142 Scott St., Conyers, Date: April 3
Violations: No written policy available. Mold-like substance growing in ice maker. Non-pasteurized juice served to children. Wet utensils stored stacked one on another.
· The Doghouse Tavern, 93-A, 1910 Ga. Highway 20, Conyers, Date: April 3
Violations: Thermometer needed in prep cooler. Most current inspection report not posted. Single-serve to-go trays not protected form contamination. Sliding lid of ice bin in wait station soiled. Door of prep cooler soiled. Restrooms soiled and need cleaning. Toilet paper needed in men's restroom.
· Daily Haven, 94-A, 1105 Main St., Conyers, Date: April 4
Violations: Employees observed preparing goods while wearing unapproved jewelry. Utensils not stored with handles turned the same way. Wet dishes observed stored stacked one on another. Gaskets on reach-in freezer soiled. Filters in vent hood need cleaning.
· Perk Up Coffeehouse, 100-A, 957 S. Main St., Conyers, Date: April 4
· Subway, 100-A, 3160 U.S. Highway 278, Covington, Date: April 4
· Blimpie Subs & Salads, 100-A, 3133 Salem Road, Covington, Date: April 4
· Town Center Breads Coffee, 95-A, 4171 Raphael St., Covington, Date: April 7
Violations: Need written employee health policy. Need "No Smoking" sign.
· LongHorn, 95-A, 6112 Pavilion Way, Covington, Date: April 8
Violations: Date all milk products after opening. Air dry all utensils before storing.
· Flowers & Catering by Becky, 83-B, 1160 Church St., Covington, Date: April 8
Violations: Need employee health policy written. Keep eggs on lowest shelf beneath ready-to-eat foods. Keep all foods 6 inches clearance from floor. Need "No Smoking" sign in entranceway.
· Golfside Grill, 96-A, 10400 Covington Bypass, Covington, Date: April 9
Violations: Keep wiping cloths in sanitizer solution between uses. Post most recent inspection report.
· Riverside Medical, 100-A, 5100 West St., Covington, Date: April 10
· Rocket Wings, 96-A, 2527 Ga. Highway 81 S., Covington, Date: April 10
Violations: Post most recent inspection report. Keep serving trays upside down. Wipe down shelves in walk-in.
· Jack's Barbecue, 96-A, 11388 Brown Bridge Road, Covington, Date: April 11
Violations: Need written health policy. Need "No Smoking" sign. Store single-service trays upside down.