The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department. As of Dec. 1, the Environmental Health Division implemented new regulations that include both a letter grade and numeric score. The current form, along with the two most recent inspection reports, must be visibly posted within 15 feet of the establishment's main entrance and drive-through windows.
· Krystal No. 34, 94-A, 1447 Ga. Highway 20, Date: Jan. 1
Violations: Needs written health policy for employee restriction or exclusion. Needs "No Smoking" sign. Needs to have covered trash container in prep area.
· Highland Golf Club, 99-A, 2271 Flat Shoals Road, Date: Jan. 15
Violations: Physical facilities need to be maintained and cleaned.
· The Doghouse Tavern, 95-A, 1910 Ga. Highway 20, Suite 170 to 190, Date: Jan. 22
Violations: Out-of-date product. Non-handled utensil used for dispensing of product.
· Chow Dog, 100-A, 2572 Old Covington Highway, Date: Jan. 23
· LongHorn Steakhouse of Conyers, 96-A, 1300 Iris Drive, Date: Jan. 23
Violations: Employee consuming food in unapproved area.
· Chick-fil-A, 99-A, 1610 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Jan. 24
Violations: Door gaskets of reach-in units in disrepair.
· Ruby Tuesday's, 99-A, 1714 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Jan. 24
Violations: Unattended trash can with no lid.
· Mandarin Garden, 96-A, 1820 Ga. Highway 138, Suite 134, Date: Jan. 25
Violations: Food item stored in container not labeled. Unapproved utensil used to dispense noodles.
· Waffle House No. 267, 80-B, 2021 Salem Road, Date: Jan. 25
Violations: Bottom of reach-in cooler for hashbrown soiled. Hamburger patties in drawer. Food items not in original container and not labeled as to content. Wiping cloths not stored in sanitized solution as required.
· Culinary Services Inc., 96-A, 1380 Business Center Drive, Date: Jan. 28
Violations: Improperly dated products.
· Los Charros Express, 92-A, 1502 Old Salem Road, Date: Jan. 28
Violations: No policy present regarding employee health. Handwashing sink drain clogged. Employee wearing watch and bracelet while preparing food. No drain plug in dumpster.
· Captain D's, 75-C, 1735 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Jan. 28
Violations: Fish in reach-in cooler and broccoli in reach-in cooler not covered. No recorded time of start/finish hold times. Product in reach-ins and walk-in not date marked. Cup with handle in product. Counter shelving under drink dispenser soiled. Microwave shelf soiled. No backflow preventer on hose bib at mop sink. Sliding door of dumpster not closed as required. Employee carrying wiping cloth in back pocket.
· Captain D's - RECHECK: 98-A, 1735 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Feb. 1
Violations: Back of toaster soiled with old food debris.
The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Newton County Health Department. As of Dec. 1, the Environmental Health Division implemented new regulations that include both a letter grade and numeric score. The current form, along with the two most recent inspection reports, must be visibly posted within 15 feet of the establishment's main entrance and drive-through windows.
· Nagoya, 84-B, 1065 Access Road, Date: Feb. 12
Violations: Improper use of hand sink - drained pasta into hand sink. Label chemical bottles. Keep sanitizer buckets 6-inch clearance from floor. Wiping cloths need to be kept in sanitizer solution when not in use.
· DJ's Cafe, 56-U, 14656 Brown Bridge Road, Date: Feb. 15
Violations: Remove radio from prep sink area. Employee changed gloves and did not wash hands. Bare hand contact on toast after stirring eggs. Cook handled and cracked shelled eggs and then handled ready-to-eat food. Separate chicken from beef and pork in walk-in. Clean slicer properly. Cheese held at improper temperature. Label all cleaning bottles. Need thermometer to check temperatures. Wiping cloths must be kept in sanitizer when not in use. Ice scoop stored improperly. Sugar handle stored in product. Need test strips for sanitizer.
· World of Wings, 93-A, 5340 Ga. Highway 20, Date: Feb. 15
Violations: Keep all chemicals out of food prep areas. Label all bulk storage. Label chicken and meats in cooler with common name.
· New China, 84-B, 9162 U.S. Highway 278, Date: Feb. 18
Violations: Separate chicken, beef and pork in walk-in and refrigerator. Label all food storage. Label sauce bottles. Need digital thermometer for measuring temperatures. Do not use grocery bags, use freezer bags. Store wiping cloths in sanitizer solution when not in use. Clean shelves in walk-in. Clean floors in walk-in freezer. Need sanitizer strips for testing sanitizer.
· Blimpie, 79-C, 3198 Elm St., Date: Feb. 20
Violations: Need handwashing signs at all hand sinks. Tomatoes, ranch dressing and ham out of temperature. Soups not maintaining proper hot holding temperatures. Need written employee health policy on site. Need digital thermometer for checking temperatures. When not in use, wiping cloths must be kept in sanitizer. Need choking poster posted in dining room. Need sanitizer test strips to test sanitizer solution. Garbage Dumpster needs replacing. Floor tiles need to be replaced.