The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department and the Newton County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
· Grand Buffet, 89-B, 1720 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers, Date: June 2
Violations: Time not properly documented for time and temperature control. Handle of dispensing utensil observed in product. Ice scoop stored in ice. Utensils on buffet line not stored properly in product. Exterior of drink dispenser not clean.
· Honey Creek Wing Cafe, 99-A, 1033 Honey Creek Road, Conyers, Date: June 2
Violations: Door gasket seal of prep cooler damaged.
· Smoothie King, 93-A, 2239 Ga. Highway 20, Conyers, Date: June 2
Violations: No employee health policy. Mix for smoothie drink not stored 6 inches off floor.
· Camp Westminster, 99-A, 2412 Lake Rockaway Road, Conyers, Date: June 3
Violations: Wet utensils stored stacked on one another.
· Pizza Hut, 81-B, 425 Sigman Road, Conyers, Date: June 3
Violations: Employee drink in uncovered drink container on prep table and in storage rack over dough. Open food in walk-in cooler not date marked. Thermometer in walk-in cooler not working. Employee without hair restraint preparing food. Door gasket seals of cooler soiled. Inside of cooler soiled. Good general cleaning of facility needed. Flies observed in food prep area.
· Roly Poly, 91-A, 1745 Ga. Highway 138, Conyers, Date: June 3
Violations: Employee observed touching ready-to-eat foods with bare hands.
· BMB Variety Cafe, 94-A, 1410 Klondike Road, Suite C, Conyers, Date: June 4
Violations: Items in reach-in cooler not date marked as required. Inspection report not posted in proper area. Ceiling tiles in storage area not of proper material.
· Panda Express, 86-B, 2239 Ga. Highway 20, Suite L, Conyers, Date: June 4
Violations: Employee observed handling ready-to-eat food with bare hand. Employee observed preparing food at prep sink next to handwash sink without an adequate splash guard. Not in compliance with the Georgia Smoke Free Air Act. Wet utensils observed stored stacked on one another.
· FFA-FHA Camp, 93-A, 770 FFA Road, Covington, Date: June 16
Violations: Cooling sausage improperly. Keep all wiping cloths in sanitizer when not in use. Keep handle stored out of product-flour.
· Subway, 100-A, 5340 Ga. Highway 20, Covington, Date: June 16