The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department. Restaurants that score from 90 to 100 get a letter grade A; those that rate 80-89 get a B; a tally of 70-79 is a C; and below 70 is a U, or unacceptable. A restaurant scoring 70 or above is allowed to operate if there are no critical violations. If a facility is rated U on consecutive inspections, it must close and the owner must prove that it can be operated safely before reopening is allowed.
· Golden Palace Restaurant, 96-A, 1119 West Ave., Date: May 27
Violations: Door gaskets of reach-in cooler damaged. Flies observed in kitchen area.
· Daruma Japanese Steakhouse, 100-A, 1920 Ga. Highway 20, Date: May 27
· Cozumel Mexican Restaurant, 71-C, 425 Sigman Road, Date: May 27
Violations: Employee drinks without tops stored on prep cooler shelf. Mold-like substance in ice maker. Dish machine not properly dispensing sanitizer. Chili relleno not held at the proper temperature. Chicken and refried beans not being properly cooled. Items in cooler not date marked as required. Refried beans and chicken not cooled in shallow pans. Permit not posted as required. Scoop handles stored in product. Wet utensils observed stored stacked one on another. Soiled utensils observed stored with clean utensils. Door gaskets of reach-in cooler soiled. No air gap at sink that also has condensate tube from ice bin.
· Silver Dragon, 60-U, 1889 Ga. Highway 138, Date: May 27
Violations: Employee observed not washing hands before putting on gloves. Raw food stored over ready-to-eat food. Ready-to-eat food, raw chicken stored on four-compartment wash sink. Rice in walk-in cooler not covered. Rice cooked the night before not holding at the proper temperature. No date marking on items held in facility more than 24 hours. Bag of rice not stored at least 6 inches off floor. No sign posted at buffet line informing customer to obtain a new plate. No Smoking sign not posted. Outside of Coca-Cola machine, outside of reach-in coolers, fryers need thorough cleaning.
· Sigman Deli & Wings, 95-A, 2015B Sigman Road, Date: May 27
Violations: No employee health policy on file. Men's restroom does not have any toilet paper. More detailed cleaning on walls, floors and ceilings is needed.
· Nagoya Japanese Steakhouse, 87-B, 1375 Iris Drive, Date: May 28
Violations: Employee observed washing in-use knife in handwash sink. Reach-in cooler not cold holding at the proper temperature.
· Frontera Mex-Mex, 100-A, 1820 Ga. Highway 20, Date: May 28
· Los Bravos Mexican, 98-A, 2274 Salem Road, Date: May 28
Violations: Outside of blender unclean with debris. Personal items next to food prep area.
· I LOVE SUSHI, 100-A, 1745 Ga. Highway 138, Date: May 29
· Los Bravos Mexican, 99-A, 1965 Ga. Highway 138, Date: May 29
Violations: Wet glasses observed stored stacked one on another.
· Michelangelo's Italian Restaurant, 90-A, 951 Railroad St., Date: May 29
Violations: Cold-hold food items in prep cooler not held at the proper temperature. Three-compartment sink used to thaw product.
· Los Charros, 91-A, 3560 Ga. Highway 20, Date: May 29
Violations: Steak in walk-in cooler not holding at the proper temperature.
· Zaxby's, 98-A, 1871 Ga. Highway 138, Date: May 29
Violations: In-use ice scoop in drive-through line has a crack. Debris build-up around grill area, under soda dispenser, thoroughly clean areas.
· Moe's Southwest Grill, 73-C, 863 Flat Shoals Road, Date: May 30
Violations: Person in charge did not demonstrate knowledge of food safety. Employees observed changing gloves without washing hands. Improper method used to clean and sanitize tables. Canned heat (Sterno) observed stored with food product. Unshielded light observed in vent hood. Employees observed wearing unapproved jewelry while preparing food. Wet utensils observed stored stacked one on another. No hot water in restrooms.