The following food service establishment inspection reports were provided by the Environmental Health Division of the Rockdale County Health Department. As of Dec. 1, the Environmental Health Division implemented new regulations that include both a letter grade and numeric score. The current form, along with the two most recent inspection reports, must be visibly posted within 15 feet of the establishment's main entrance and drive-thru windows.
· Krystal, 94-A, 1447 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Jan. 7
Violations: No written health policy for employees. Need no-smoking signs. Need to have covered trash containers in prep area.
· Starbucks Coffee Company, 89-B, 1515 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Jan. 7
Violations: Egg nog out of date. Food service permit not posted. Need covered container in ladies' restroom. Need covered trash cans in prep area. Dumpster area needs cleaning.
· Pizza Hut, 89-B, 3504 Ga. Highway 20, Date: Jan. 8
Violations: Food not stored at proper temperature. Use gloves during food prep. Improve warewashing facilities. Install, maintain and clean physical facilities.
· Domino's, 86-B, 1200-A West Ave., Date: Jan. 9
Violations: Uncovered employee drink in storage rack. No paper towels available at handwash sink. Label all products not in original containers. Label products with discard dates. Hose hooked to faucet has no backflow device. No covered trash container in restroom. Commode soiled. Trash containers in prep areas need lids.
· Donna Marie's Pizza & Pasta, 100-A, 1180-A West Ave., Date: Jan. 9
· Honeybaked Ham, 97-A, 1910 Ga. Highway 20 S., Date: Jan. 9
Violations: Keep all food storage 6 inches off floor.
· McDonald's, 97-A, 1320 Old Klondike Road, Date: Jan. 9
Violations: Replace broken and missing thermometers.
· Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits, 88-B, 1648 Ga. Highway 138 S.E., Date: Jan. 9
Violations: Employees' improper use of eating, tasting, drinking or use of tobacco. Properly store wiping cloths. Properly identify and store toxic substances. Use gloves during food prep.
· The Dog House Tavern, 78-C, 1910 Ga. Highway 20, Suite 170-190, Date: Jan. 10
Violations: Manager needs to be more aware of health consequences of knowledge of duties. Manager needs to be fully aware of restriction and exclusion of ill employees. Food contact surfaces need better cleaning and sanitizing. Need thermometers in reach-in cooler. Ice scoop not properly store at wait station. Clean out side of all equipment.
· Philly Connection, 97-A, 1521 Ga. Highway 138, Date: Jan. 10
Violations: Provide thermometers for food temperature control.
· Rockdale Hospital, 96-A, 1412 Milstead Ave., Date: Jan. 10
Violations: Items not in original container not labeled. Scoop without label used for dispensing sugar.
· Rockdale Medical Center Cafe, 100-A, 1412 Milstead Ave., Date: Jan. 10